Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game feels abandoned

Wintermist
12.14.2013 , 08:17 PM | #31
Other things I feel they could do is add some mroe life to the pretty static animations. If you're sitting still on a flying speeder for example, let it sway and move slightly and not just have it be 100% still in the air. That'd also add some life. (Just one tiny example of what else could be done)
Hand Disinfection.

Reno_Tarshil
12.14.2013 , 08:23 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Please. GSF is on a rail, the rail is just disguised as a bubble now. You have the "freedom" to attack the points in the center of the bubble and the other people attempting to attack the points in the circle. That's it.

And it's still the craptastic "hanging christmas ornament puppet" spaceship you're "flying".
Learn what on rails means please. Only then will anyone take you seriously here.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Infernixx
12.14.2013 , 08:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Learn what on rails means please. Only then will anyone take you seriously here.
Redefining established terms is the only way many of them can pretend to have a complaint.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

AshlaBoga
12.14.2013 , 09:02 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post

:2 hours of valor and bolster in outlaws den (Bolster and Valour NOT ENOUGH, we would need decent Merc comms to make this work)
:raid bosses attacking kaas city or even the FLEET YES! THIS! I WANT IT!
:NPC invasions of random friendly zones THIS TOO!
: tickets to load into ranked arenas as a spectator in spectator boxes (grey out quick bars) Let the games commence!
EDIT: TLDR: Yes i mean this game needs more live dynamic events to bring the galaxy to life, including making use of the slowly added content.
Added my thoughts in red.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

JimG
12.14.2013 , 10:11 PM | #35
No game is going to sufficiently accommodate everyone "feelings". The game feels abandoned. The worlds feel lifeless. This feels this way. That feels that way. Blah, blah, blah. Newsflash....your subjective "feeling" isn't necessarily the subjective "feeling" of other people.

Wintermist
12.14.2013 , 10:45 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
No game is going to sufficiently accommodate everyone "feelings". The game feels abandoned. The worlds feel lifeless. This feels this way. That feels that way. Blah, blah, blah. Newsflash....your subjective "feeling" isn't necessarily the subjective "feeling" of other people.
Or it is... dun dun dun ;D
Hand Disinfection.

Arandem
12.14.2013 , 11:37 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
I think GSF wins "Best Star Wars Space Game of the last 8 years" by default.
There was a star wars flight simulator that took place in the first movie. I believe it was also called starfighter or something near that

KarmaForce
12.15.2013 , 12:01 AM | #38
It's annoying how most of the posts attack the OPs opinion like it's forced on them or they just pick it apart.

This game feels lifeless to me. It's sad that one of the biggest things to come, GSF, has nothing to do with the ground game And it's even having a negative effect on the ground game as well by sucking players into space.

I'm running out of alts to level and I recently got a couple more characters to 55. I'm not even sure what to do with my 55's sometimes. All there is to do is run the same ops, multiple times every week for what?? The only thing I feel like I'm working towards is being able to do hardmode ops which don't interest me at all as a casual gamer. I also can't understand why people put up with them either, spending all night trying to make some progress and not even finishing it.

AshlaBoga
12.15.2013 , 12:20 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by KarmaForce View Post
It's annoying how most of the posts attack the OPs opinion like it's forced on them or they just pick it apart.

This game feels lifeless to me. It's sad that one of the biggest things to come, GSF, has nothing to do with the ground game And it's even having a negative effect on the ground game as well by sucking players into space.

I'm running out of alts to level and I recently got a couple more characters to 55. I'm not even sure what to do with my 55's sometimes. All there is to do is run the same ops, multiple times every week for what?? The only thing I feel like I'm working towards is being able to do hardmode ops which don't interest me at all as a casual gamer. I also can't understand why people put up with them either, spending all night trying to make some progress and not even finishing it.
During the Rakhgoul event weak guards would attack infected players leaving their ship.

We need more stuff like this.

Events that involve us being attack on our ship - events that will raise the stakes (you die you restart the event over from day one, you die and you get a week long debuff - "the pathetic" which mocks you).

Random voices in your heads...
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

DarthDymond
12.15.2013 , 12:32 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Arandem View Post
There was a star wars flight simulator that took place in the first movie. I believe it was also cards straighter or something near that
There definitely were a good number of SWs Flight Sims in the late '90s (the grand old days of TIE Fighter and Rebel Assault) and early 2000s, but very few in the past decade - Star Wars: Starfighter came out almost 13 years ago (early 2001). I believe the last straight-forward Flight Sim we had was Rogue Squadron III, which came out just over 10 years ago (definitely one of my personal Top 3 favorite Gamecube games).

Since those days though, all we've had is some space gameplay in Battlefront II, the Galaxies expansion Jump to Lightspeed, and, as Zorvan rightly pointed out, the on-rails shooter mode in Clone Wars Adventures.

Will more space content make SWTOR a better game? I think so, and I hope they build upon GSF in the months and years to come. My original point is that I don't feel you can say EA/BW was phoning it in by "only" including the Star Fox mode we had at launch - that was still a lot more than we'd gotten from the vast majority of SW games recently.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain