Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Azzataky
12.14.2013 , 02:36 PM | #6771
SajPi made a briliant point. You want healer in your WZ? Make one! Its what I did since I know there is lack of healers and tanks in every game. So I leveled healer and tank first, before my dps scoundrel. That means when there is lack of heals or tanks in wzs, I can simply relog and go heal / tank.

See what I did? Solution, not crying. Try that sometimes people.

cashogy_reborn
12.14.2013 , 03:27 PM | #6772
This thread.....
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

cycao
12.14.2013 , 03:33 PM | #6773
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
This thread.....
He's back.

Zunayson
12.14.2013 , 05:11 PM | #6774
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
What I advocate is that solo players Q in thier own Q

AND

Groups (with all your friends & gear & voice comm & powerhealers & tanks) go in your own Q to share your own fun.
It is clear that you are a selective reader.

The system of solo ranked and group ranked work exactly how you describe it.

Don't whine about the normal queue.

Don't whine about premades and pugs.

Whine about queue pops. You're using premades as a scapegoat and ignoring the real issue.

If you've ever played an MMOFPS, you'd note that there are brackets, yes, but there are always "general" servers that do not split up the population at all. Most people tend to play on the general servers, but nowhere on any MMOFPS forums do I see people whining about pre made teams. They whine about gun balance and p2w sure but not the skill.

Solo queue is exactly like what you want. It allows a solo player to gear up himself faster than playing 8v8, because it rewards RWZs. It allows a solo player to gear up and get skilled in an environment that you want - premadeless. If you're still going to fall back to the argument of "queue pops suck," then whine about that. Not premades. The WZ queue is not your personal solo bracket.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

UncelSam
12.14.2013 , 07:44 PM | #6775
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
It is clear that you are a selective reader.

The system of solo ranked and group ranked work exactly how you describe it.

Don't whine about the normal queue.

Don't whine about premades and pugs.

Whine about queue pops. You're using premades as a scapegoat and ignoring the real issue.

If you've ever played an MMOFPS, you'd note that there are brackets, yes, but there are always "general" servers that do not split up the population at all. Most people tend to play on the general servers, but nowhere on any MMOFPS forums do I see people whining about pre made teams. They whine about gun balance and p2w sure but not the skill.

Solo queue is exactly like what you want. It allows a solo player to gear up himself faster than playing 8v8, because it rewards RWZs. It allows a solo player to gear up and get skilled in an environment that you want - premadeless. If you're still going to fall back to the argument of "queue pops suck," then whine about that. Not premades. The WZ queue is not your personal solo bracket.
OK there was no Point in what you wrote....move on ...next plz (who makes sense).

Odyseus
12.14.2013 , 07:49 PM | #6776
Quote: Originally Posted by ssfbistimg View Post
lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.
qft!!!!
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

Azzataky
12.14.2013 , 08:28 PM | #6777
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
OK there was no Point in what you wrote....move on ...next plz (who makes sense).
Thats only because your lack of PvP experience doesn't allow you to comprehend what he said. Like I said, you see your truth you think there is, but there is no truth which is fixed, we can only try to look for it every day and every minute. You try to force on others your way instead of talking to them. First you need to start to think critically, realistically about what that guy and other say, but you are not able to do so because you are locked in your own little box of your truth which doesn't allow you to go anywhere else.

I feel sad about people like you.

BuzzingFridge
12.14.2013 , 08:37 PM | #6778
Quote: Originally Posted by Azzataky View Post
So I leveled healer and tank first, before my dps scoundrel. That means when there is lack of heals or tanks in wzs, I can simply relog and go heal / tank.
> already has a scoundrel

> creates a brand new toon for healing

derp

DarthRaika
12.14.2013 , 11:41 PM | #6779
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TBH, it's the same thing we are getting. That premades should stick to ranked, but I'm sure many of them enjoy warzones, but maybe don't have 8 people to do ranked all the time even if they brought it back. No more than half your team should be premade in the reg queue and you have just as good a chance of having one on your team as not.

I just don't understand why everyone focuses on this extreme of 8 terrible, undergeared, solo players with no healers vs. an 8 man superqueue with ideal comp, full obroan gear, coordinating through voice comms. Anytime I see a superqueue, I ridicule them the entire match, pick their worst player and continuously tunnel them to the point they spend as much time in spawn as we do, and realize that some people truly are just out to have fun at the expense of other players. I've quit guilds who superqueue and quit games, these aren't traits I hold in high regard.

If you solo queue and feel like you never have any chance to win games, then you need to get better. If you're upset because you occassionally run into matches that are extremely lopsided due to bad team comps or disproportionate skill levels, I feel your pain. But the reg warzone queue is meant as nothing more than a playground. You queue up to get randomly matched with players and PvP. If you want even matches based on comp and skill and coordination, then you will have to do ranked. And if you prefer warzones to arenas, you'll have to convince BW that ranked warzones are worth bringing back.
I haven't had any problems with losing too much. I mainly play my imps lately and so I definitely win more often than not. My problem is in a perfect world I would only win near 50% of the time and all matches would be close. Or I guess if it was truly perfect then it would be 100% but I would never know till the end haha .

However, I know a perfect world isn't possible. All I am looking for is for there to be more even matches. If premade matching was added (just a maximum of a small wait time for premades so that there was 1 premade on both sides when there are multiple premades q'n) then there would be more even matches. Right now maybe 1 in 5 matches are nail biters on a good night. However, being an older dude and playing mmos for years I have played games where 3 of 5 were pretty close on good nights. I'm not asking for 5/5 I am just asking for an improvement.

I don't believe it will happen but I believe that if we did all ask for mixed faction teams and premade matching then BW might do it and then there would be more even matches. That is why I post. This way, while I realize it is unlikely the system will change, I know I did my part.

Azzataky
12.15.2013 , 06:27 AM | #6780
Quote: Originally Posted by BuzzingFridge View Post
> already has a scoundrel

> creates a brand new toon for healing

derp
Can you explain it a bit more? :P