Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pickpocket?

themagicbullet
12.14.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1
I am curious, is there any such ability of pickpocketing in this game?
It's not a question of can or can't, there are some things in life you just do.

Essence_of_Light
12.14.2013 , 12:16 PM | #2
Um... not that I'm aware of. Maybe you should try Googling it?
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

TheNahash
12.14.2013 , 12:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by themagicbullet View Post
I am curious, is there any such ability of pickpocketing in this game?
no, there isn't
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

AlrikFassbauer
12.14.2013 , 01:07 PM | #4
Unfortunately not. This isn't an full-fledged RPG at all, I'm afraid.
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

TheNahash
12.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Certain things don't make sense.
Like a Jedi or a Darth who's also a thief.

Sangrar
12.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #6
and how many people would still play if, on a pvp server for instance, a fully geared 55 kept taking low levels credits? Not unfortunate at all, unless you want to get robbed of your earned credits
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

The_Grand_Nagus
12.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #7
Here is how it should work: certain classes(lets say Smuggler and Agent) have this "pickpocket" ability which they can use on any playable character. If the ability fires successfully, they get a random piece of loot that is auto-generated by the game. To be clear, this is NOT taken from the other player's inventory, it is just a random loot roll.

HOWEVER(and here is the fun part), if the ability fails, then the smuggler or agent gets their PvP flag turned on for the person they were targeting, and the person they were targeting gets first attack if they choose to attack. If they do not want to attack, then they can just ignore it and go about their business.
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

Sangrar
12.14.2013 , 01:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Here is how it should work: certain classes(lets say Smuggler and Agent) have this "pickpocket" ability which they can use on any playable character. If the ability fires successfully, they get a random piece of loot that is auto-generated by the game. To be clear, this is NOT taken from the other player's inventory, it is just a random loot roll.

HOWEVER(and here is the fun part), if the ability fails, then the smuggler or agent gets their PvP flag turned on for the person they were targeting, and the person they were targeting gets first attack if they choose to attack. If they do not want to attack, then they can just ignore it and go about their business.
It would have to be all classes though, I mean if its only certain classes the rest will get angry about it and people will just say dumb crap like "screw you biofail" for implementing it.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

TheNahash
12.14.2013 , 01:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Grand_Nagus View Post
Here is how it should work: certain classes(lets say Smuggler and Agent)...
hahahaha
Good one.
This would definitely go down well with this community.

MillionsKNives
12.14.2013 , 01:29 PM | #10
Hmm, I wasn't aware that RPG stood for "Role Playing Game where you can pickpocket other people". I assume that the last part was left out of the acronym in an effort to save space?