Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Glower
12.14.2013 , 07:43 AM | #101
25 Fireworks... Again... Even without Party Jawa?

Someone was waiting for more? Really? Cmon, this is EAware!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

LOLRoscoe
12.14.2013 , 08:06 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by abercromb View Post
Didn't we all just get 4 complete sets of armour 11 days ago as a freebie with the Starfighter expansion? We have an event this week, Gree and Life day event starting next week + free fireworks. Sounds like a lot going on to me.
QFT. People just showing the typical entitled attitude and ungratefulness that many MMO players are notorious for.

Jacen_Starsolo
12.14.2013 , 08:16 AM | #103
I have yet to run by anyone using those four uniforms though.

ChewyYui
12.14.2013 , 10:53 AM | #104
I only used ONE firework, to see what it was like. The other 24 just sit in my cargo bay taking up space, and this years will too.

And regards to the GSF skin, it's not something for everyone is it. Not everyone likes GSF, not everyone uses scouts. Atleast release a skin for all the ship classes.

Atleast we get something though
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

ChewyYui
12.14.2013 , 10:56 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
One of the imperial ones is nice, and I would use it if it didnt mean having to strip all my mods out my current armour and add new augment slots to the GSF one.

SWTOR really needs a cosmetic outfit system which is worn separate to gear, similar to what other MMOs have. Then maybe the new gimmicky armours they release would see more use

(Lord of the Rings Online has one)
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

Reno_Tarshil
12.14.2013 , 10:58 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
The Free Starfighter ones? I use those on my alts and companions.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

Rafaman
12.14.2013 , 11:05 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
The Free Starfighter ones? I use those on my alts and companions.
I mix an match different pieces on different toons. The boots on my trooper, gloves on my Smuggie etc. I appreciate the fact we got the gear.

Reno_Tarshil
12.14.2013 , 11:15 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
I mix an match different pieces on different toons. The boots on my trooper, gloves on my Smuggie etc. I appreciate the fact we got the gear.
Despite the word speaking movements with the Jet Fighter helmet, it fits well with a Cyborg chest.
Supposed Member of "The Forum Apologist 5!" According to "The Reno_Tarshil Forum Fan Brigade!"
Quote:
I like Tacos.
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free Tacos.

SirrSlaughterr
12.14.2013 , 05:45 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
We just got a sizable expansion."
He said sizable, while Galactic Starfighter is certainly epic and in my opinion a great addition to the game, it is in no way sizable.

Zorvan
12.14.2013 , 07:18 PM | #110
Face it. After its less than steller early success and quick fall to f2p, EAware didn't expect the game to last for two years, so they weren't really thinking ahead about what anniversary rewards should be. Then they suddenly realized "Holy crap, we're gonna make it to 2 years? Crap! Someone make something so they think we care!".

Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
We just got a sizable expansion.
Maybe if you're a Lilliputian. Or a Lollipop Kid. GSF was better off when it was still the "secret project". At least it had hope while noone knew what it was.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Do yourself a favor and just use the money to buy a pizza instead.