Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

CabelHarn
12.13.2013 , 01:32 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Well people complain no matter what they give them. Give them a pet? People whine because they don't use pets (I sure don't), give them a speeder and they whine that it's not as cool as the cartel market ones or that it isn't exclusive enough because now everyone has one (yes that was a complaint with the speeder we got recently), give them 500CC so they can buy something they want and it's not creative enough.
There is no winning for BioWare in this...

Honestly, if I was in charge, I wouldn't give the players anything for the 2nd anniversary... I'd ask what they were willing to give me since I have provided them with a game for 2 years...
Have to agree with this guy. I personally quite enjoyed getting free cartel coins the one time, wish it was that everytime. Free money is always nice, never understood people complaining about it last summer.

People never seem to be happy.
Sith N Slide Code
Peace is no fun, I like to kill things. Through killing, I gain skillz. Through skillz, I gain LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA! Through LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA!, I gain PWNAGE Through PWNAGE, we have a lot of laughs. The Force shall get me shiney things.

Anzel
12.13.2013 , 02:48 PM | #82
In SWG we received a SoroSuub Personal Luxury Yacht 3000 for our 12 month veteran reward. This was a multi-player ship that could be decorated and hold up to 20 people (later reduced to 8). You could sit and watch battles out of the window or just cruise around the galaxy. This was like 9 or 10 years ago LOL.

Video Tour Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO-7xd3bq9E

My yacht was named, "Monkey Business".

But yeah... everyone have fun with your limited stack of fireworks... and don't forget to buy your hypercrates of gambling packs. Also, your subscription is due.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

carlbaratta
12.13.2013 , 03:44 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by IStillWantMySWG View Post
except that u could only buy you one or 2 major things at the most with the amt they gave us, so yes for the most part we've been getting slapped in the fact. this company doesn't know how to treat or how to talk to its customers.
dang they done slapped you in your fact!

Mike_Bluesky
12.13.2013 , 03:45 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
In SWG we received a SoroSuub Personal Luxury Yacht 3000 for our 12 month veteran reward. This was a multi-player ship that could be decorated and hold up to 20 people (later reduced to 8). You could sit and watch battles out of the window or just cruise around the galaxy. This was like 9 or 10 years ago LOL.

Video Tour Here

But yeah... everyone have fun with your limited stack of fireworks... and don't forget to buy your hypercrates of gambling packs. Also, your subscription is due.
This. So much this. Different times...
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

Arkerus
12.13.2013 , 03:49 PM | #85
I see the entitlement club is in full swing today.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Brimmer
12.13.2013 , 03:54 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I see the entitlement club is in full swing today.
Way to include paying subscribers into your ignorant comments. Paying $180 a year gives the person a valid reason to find it underwhelming.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Wintermist
12.13.2013 , 03:54 PM | #87
I don't see it as getting a free item. I see it as a form of celebration. A celebration that BioWare doesn't seem to really appreciate. The SWG example was a good one, it showed you just how much it meant to the developers.

That's how I see it. I look at is a measurement of how much BioWare themselves appreciate the two year mark. To me they really don't seem that excited.

Erasimus
12.13.2013 , 03:56 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by oddballeasyeight View Post
i don't think they are required to give anything else for their 2 year anniversary...
Hell, if you think about it, we are the ones that should be giving them stuff since they have been providing us with this game service for 2 years and putting up with all our whining...

So... What are you giving bioware for your anniversary?
$15
$15
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

Arkerus
12.13.2013 , 04:09 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Way to include paying subscribers into your ignorant comments. Paying $180 a year gives the person a valid reason to find it underwhelming.
And someone just hit exact definition of entitlement. Way to go. I don't even need an argument. You walked right into it.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

AvnSevex
12.13.2013 , 04:41 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post

Video Tour Here

Good times, good times.

Great video too, I miss my SoroSuub, YT-2400, VT-49 Decimator, TIE Oppressor, and my unique Imperial Pilot Ace Jacket and Helmet, something SW:TOR couldn't seem to handle, just recoloring the Imperial Operatives PVP Armor to Red.

I miss Star Wars Galaxies, that to me, was Star Wars.
^That is my opinion SWTOR fans
Composer for the 2014 Sci-Fi Sandbox MMORPG: The Repopulation
Attack on Titan Super-Fan
Imperial Agent Operative