Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Diagnostic scan: why?

dancezwithnubz
12.01.2013 , 09:36 PM | #21
a resource free heal that regenerates energy AND gives TA stacks while healing a modest amount?

in what galaxy is that A Bad Thing(tm)?

Diagnostic Scan is situational. there's times it's an awesome skill to be using and there's times when it isn't. but during a long fight if i'm low on energy and my adrenaline probe is still on CD, judicious use of Diagnostic Scan can be the difference between smooth sailing and a complete party wipe.

Loc_n_lol
12.02.2013 , 01:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
AND gives TA stacks
It does not ?

DuEldrvarya
12.09.2013 , 10:27 PM | #23
DS has tons of awesome reasons to use it.

1. Endgame its crit chance is over 50%.
2. always channels at least in under 2 seconds easy to get under 1.9 seconds endgame.
3. Crit hits restore energy see above why that is awesome.
4. being channeled heals arent wasted.
5. its free.

It is by far the best filler ability of the healing classes out there as it restores energy (normally 4-8 energy each time you use it in addition to your reg regen) and it can be used on yourself unlike rapid shots for a merc.

BTW sorcs dont have any free non-self heals so stop ************.

sithBracer
12.12.2013 , 05:38 PM | #24
Diagnostic scan had a use pre 2.0 when the op had to watch his energy more. It was pretty much used to help fill up the energy bar quicker when it got close to 60. This was changed in 2.0 when energy management became easier and the effect of stim boost changed from helping with energy to just giving a TA and more alacrity.

Right now, diagnostic scan is pretty worthless except as a filler when your energy gets low (which if you play right, should not happen).
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

SexyPlaysBro
12.12.2013 , 06:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
Diagnostic scan had a use pre 2.0 when the op had to watch his energy more. It was pretty much used to help fill up the energy bar quicker when it got close to 60. This was changed in 2.0 when energy management became easier and the effect of stim boost changed from helping with energy to just giving a TA and more alacrity.

Right now, diagnostic scan is pretty worthless except as a filler when your energy gets low (which if you play right, should not happen).
I have been playing the operative for a few months now and I have to say I still get into situations where if I dont do 2 kolto probes, a kolto infusion and spam kolto injection then someone could die, (yes seems a bit overboard). So that is when I use DS.
Guild: Hard Contact Imp side PoT5
55 Guardian 55 Operative 55 Scoundrel 55 Sage 55 Vanguard 55 Assassin

SexyPlaysBro
12.12.2013 , 06:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I agree, that was kind of my point. I usually shiv for TA procs, throw a CD and OS granted that I have energy to spare, though obviously if we're talking about saving energy or regenerating energy DS is the best way to go. I think you're either going to have the energy to spare to use more effective attacks or else you're too busy healing to use them.
Your goal as a healer is to heal, your dps attacks cost more energy if you arent dps speccd obviously. So why waste 8 energy when your trying to regen anyway? The most dps Ill do in a match is 100K, and that is only when there are too many healers on my team. Other than that spam that DS away and the less damage you have, the more people will notice how much heals you have at the end of the game. Which means more votes
Guild: Hard Contact Imp side PoT5
55 Guardian 55 Operative 55 Scoundrel 55 Sage 55 Vanguard 55 Assassin

Cordorian
12.13.2013 , 04:43 AM | #27
To the OP, before you have the full healing tree- especially with energy cost reduction on kolto probe - operatives still can face energy management problems especially if there is a bit more to heal, so it worthwhile to throw it in just to keep your energy in safe areas before being in 40s.

I was actually surprised that energy management can be tight in the healing tree. Leveled my operative as concealment and then at some point started healing on 55 on occasion. And there most of the time is no energy management at all, so i never really used diagnostic scan as much. i am now leveling a scoundrel in heals and just on some fps i really to watch my energy bar. So basically diagnostic scan is a nice tool to throw in to keep your energy managed, before the class gets too easy in end game :P

Cordorian
12.13.2013 , 04:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SexyPlaysBro View Post
Your goal as a healer is to heal, your dps attacks cost more energy if you arent dps speccd obviously. So why waste 8 energy when your trying to regen anyway? The most dps Ill do in a match is 100K, and that is only when there are too many healers on my team. Other than that spam that DS away and the less damage you have, the more people will notice how much heals you have at the end of the game. Which means more votes
ehm burn face to beat enrage, in pve?
In pvp as a matter of self defense :P

anwg
12.13.2013 , 10:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SexyPlaysBro View Post
Spending that 1 GCD to help burst someone down could prevent more damage than you can heal in that same GCD, just something to think about.