Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Hambunctious
12.13.2013 , 02:44 AM | #31
Whatever. I never even got the fireworks attachment out of the mail from last year. It's still sitting there not taking up bank space.

I'll never use the paint job since the GS hold no interest for me in its current form.

Euphrosyne
12.13.2013 , 02:45 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Whailor View Post
Free stuff or no, they need to use more imagination when giving rewards to customers who have stayed loyal since the game was launched, to show their appreciation and simply to say "thanks for sticking with us!" instead of completely useless and boring crap. Add some nice minipet, like a jawa or something and so on, something what will not affect the gameplay but is fun to have and to show at the same time, instead of completely bland and boring and useless stuff in every instance.
If they did that, we'd have a bunch of people complaining about how they don't care about the pets and how BioWare is a bunch of unappreciative fools for making that their free gift...and how people want something they might actually use, like a starfighter paint job.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

OddballEasyEight
12.13.2013 , 04:00 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Whailor View Post
Yes, how dare they be such an unimaginative bunch and add stupid fireworks no-one cared about the first time around when these appeared and most players destroyed them as soon as they got them! And GS paintjobs, indeed, for those who don't give a rat's tail about that feature anyway!

Free stuff or no, they need to use more imagination when giving rewards to customers who have stayed loyal since the game was launched, to show their appreciation and simply to say "thanks for sticking with us!" instead of completely useless and boring crap. Add some nice minipet, like a jawa or something and so on, something what will not affect the gameplay but is fun to have and to show at the same time, instead of completely bland and boring and useless stuff in every instance.
You know what? Today is my 1 year anniversary at my current job. My bosses didn't give me anything. And I didn't expect them too either.
A week ago, it was he 5 year anniversary of me moving to my current apartment. But interestingly enough, my landlord didn't give me anything... strange eh?
But hey, Bioware is giving me some free fireworks and a different paintjob for GS, so that's nice...

OddballEasyEight
12.13.2013 , 04:01 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
If they did that, we'd have a bunch of people complaining about how they don't care about the pets and how BioWare is a bunch of unappreciative fools for making that their free gift...and how people want something they might actually use, like a starfighter paint job.
Yup... I don't use pets.. I've gotten enough free ones to last a lifetime...

AnHero
12.13.2013 , 04:04 AM | #35
I for one really like the items.

They are not items that will cause players to be envious of other players, and they're fun to do.

It's a gift and I am quite happy to recieve it.

morfius
12.13.2013 , 04:09 AM | #36
Veteran program would be nice
True 2 years reward would be something like whole set of legacy off hands added to more than one reputation vendor... to show players some appreciation even when they play other classes than dual wielders.
Social items like fireworks are fun for a while... but game play is more important.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

AnHero
12.13.2013 , 04:16 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Veteran program would be nice
True 2 years reward would be something like whole set of legacy off hands added to more than one reputation vendor... to show players some appreciation even when they play other classes than dual wielders.
Social items like fireworks are fun for a while... but game play is more important.
I am a little against this, as appealing as they are for old players it would make an incredibly aversive experience towards new players. Global gifts for all players would be fine for holidays, but in regards of Veteran rewards I'd only like to see titles such as "two year player"/etc to be given, nothing beyond that because it might cause a large amount of discontent.

Zerex_Kildron
12.13.2013 , 04:17 AM | #38
/entitled
»{Order of Desonag @TOFN
"The Rule of Two is what prevents the Sith from progression"
-Evskan "Drowning Moon" Jen'Jidai

yindaka
12.13.2013 , 04:19 AM | #39
If you expected a good 2nd anniversary reward, you're at the wrong game. SWTOR is pretty bad at making the right decisions and giving the right rewards. They will never ever learn and they clearly don't care about what we say about them on the forums. F2P, preferred or sub, it doesn't matter what you are they only now care about cold, hard profit while in the first 6 months of the game, the player stood at the center.

I've been playing this from the beginning and the faults BW made are to numerous to mention. BW if you want this game to last on the long term you'll have to start giving something back to the people. As of Galactic Starfighter, your latest gig. I'd have been happier if you waited 4 months and released it with 4 to 5 maps, the bomber included, possible space flashpoints and/or ops. You played your cards and it's getting dull for a lot of people already.

Want to make this a memorable 2nd anniversary/life day. Make an event filled with sillyness and humor, bring out a specific festive armor set, only availble now and not again next year. Give out a new race especially for the 2nd anniversary. Work with a gift system. Try some good PR cause we all know you need it.

AnHero
12.13.2013 , 04:23 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by yindaka View Post
As of Galactic Starfighter, your latest gig. I'd have been happier if you waited 4 months and released it with 4 to 5 maps, the bomber included, possible space flashpoints and/or ops. You played your cards and it's getting dull for a lot of people already.
I mean... Players have been begging and pleading for real space combat for just about two years now. Bioware has been working on incorporating this for a very long time.

I can understand the frustration at only having two maps right now but I for one am glad to finally be able to play competitive space combat against other players whenever I want to. id rather play it now and get bored of the same maps than wait 6 months for 6 maps that I would get bored with in a slightly longer period of time.