Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
12.12.2013 , 07:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
It's not that its bad that something is free, its that this is supposed to be a grand celebration of 2 yr's of the game and all they can think up is a frakin' ship paint job and fireworks. (both of which I will never use partly because I have no interest in the GSF. tried it, hated it, nor do I care about worthless firework emotes) That's ALL they could come up with. I could list plenty of things WAY better than that that people would enjoy, plus I would give people options between two things. I see NOTHING in this that is celebration worthy in what they have done here. It's like getting nothing but socks for Christmas dude. After reading what it was I was actually a bit shocked at how pathetic it was. No joke. But, I shouldn't be surprised. Last years "celebration" stuff was a sad joke as well.....
Reread my post that you quoted.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 4/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
12.12.2013 , 07:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
It's not that its bad that something is free, its that this is supposed to be a grand celebration of 2 yr's of the game and all they can think up is a frakin' ship paint job and fireworks.
Who said it's supposed to be a grand celebration of two years of the game?
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

SitHamster's Avatar


SitHamster
12.12.2013 , 07:26 PM | #13
8000 cartel coins for the vets; that would be a *********** great gift for those who gave money to BW&EA all this time

IStillWantMySWG's Avatar


IStillWantMySWG
12.12.2013 , 07:30 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SitHamster View Post
8000 cartel coins for the vets; that would be a *********** great gift for those who gave money to BW&EA all this time
heck I'd settle for ˝ that and that'd still b too generous of EAware, they don't appreciate us that much but a gamer can only dream of a sub reward like that...

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
12.12.2013 , 07:37 PM | #15
I love it that people wanted Cartel Coins as gifts for the 2nd anniversary.

Brings back summertime memories of people feeling "slapped in the face" for getting Cartel Coins as an appreciation gift and discussions about how acting like a complete cretin when someone gives you a gift you don't like is the "right and honest thing to do".

The SWTOR community...
The SWTOR community never changes.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

IStillWantMySWG's Avatar


IStillWantMySWG
12.12.2013 , 07:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I love it that people wanted Cartel Coins as gifts for the 2nd anniversary.

Brings back summertime memories of people feeling "slapped in the face" for getting Cartel Coins as an appreciation gift and discussions about how acting like a complete cretin when someone gives you a gift you don't like is the "right and honest thing to do".

The SWTOR community...
The SWTOR community never changes.
except that u could only buy you one or 2 major things at the most with the amt they gave us, so yes for the most part we've been getting slapped in the fact. this company doesn't know how to treat or how to talk to its customers.

hillerbees's Avatar


hillerbees
12.12.2013 , 07:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
More crap to use up my inventory space. I still have original first anniversary fireworks also, and I couldn't give a monkey's fart about GSF.

If you are bothered about the fireworks taking up space let them off or dump them out the side of your inventory. The paint job takes up no space.

I do agree however with those that say its nothing to get excited about and while I will be celebrating the 2 year anniversary it won't be aided by these items.

Well done Bioware for keeping the game going successfully in the face of much criticism but more thought needs to be given to your gifts and with how we can celebrate.

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
12.12.2013 , 07:41 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by IStillWantMySWG View Post
except that u could only buy you one or 2 major things at the most with the amt they gave us, so yes for the most part we've been getting slapped in the fact. this company doesn't know how to treat or how to talk to its customers.
Nice try, but it wasn't the amount of CC they gave us that was the problem.
It was the fact that they gave us CC instead of X (X = add personal preference here)
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

IStillWantMySWG's Avatar


IStillWantMySWG
12.12.2013 , 07:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Nice try, but it wasn't the amount of CC they gave us that was the problem.
It was the fact that they gave us CC instead of X (X = add personal preference here)
tbh it was for a multitude of reasons, the amt of CC wasn't enough, some ppl claimed it was a lazy *** reward, it wasn't speeder + title or pet, etc.

it would have been better if they gave us triple the original amt so subbers could actually feel appreciated...

Mowermanx's Avatar


Mowermanx
12.12.2013 , 09:00 PM | #20
Deja vu