Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black talon Loot drops regarding Warr/Oper Chest pieces, and every class' Pants

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Black talon Loot drops regarding Warr/Oper Chest pieces, and every class' Pants

FerralKoala
12.16.2011 , 08:47 PM | #1
Spent most of yesterday repeating this instance to be sure(-ish) as I could be.

The instance option #2 (when you let the captain live) Boss Sgt Balmora seems to be sharing its loot table the trash drops (gloves/boots). It barely drops the Warrior chest or the Operative Chest pieces.

Operationally, I'm not sure forcing people to make the light side choice to get Balmora just to have the chance at the Jugg/Marud chest piece is that great. I ran this instance enough to get 50 commendations so its been a second home to me.

I didnt want to spend all day in there, leveling up other peoples toons and gear for their ALTs and never see the drop for the Jugg chest.

Also, the pants for these sets are non-existent as well. at they intended to dorp from the security chief once inside the Brental Star? there are no chests apparent and the NPC only ever dropped credits as I saw.
VIP CE Squadron 419

ARMYEagless
12.23.2011 , 10:40 PM | #2
I'm gonna have to agree I've been playing on my Bounty Hunter for 50+ runs over the last week and i am missing 3 pieces of the armor greaves helm and bracers. Although i have gotten 20+ chestpieces 40+ boots and 15+ gloves buts til no pants or helm or bracers.

If its just a odds chance then its damn slim for some and way to much for others.

Sivad
12.23.2011 , 11:56 PM | #3
Pants have not dropped since they changed the loot tables several builds before beta ended. When they removed armor sets for each of the 8 AC's(not sure what was wrong with each AC getting its own set) and made just Hunter Inquisitor Operative Juggernaut and Marauder sets they broke the loot tables (badly at first). There was one run that our group had 11 Inquisitor boots and 5 BH gloves drop from trash alone and every run had at least 3-4 of each of those items dropping. Since the change Marauder and Juggernaut armor in general is super rare and BH and Inquisitor armors are super common. Operative loot is rare but not as rare as the Juggernaut and Marauder stuff.

As far as I know (some site out there list them but not sure if they exist) I have NEVER seen a helm drop for ANY class in Black Talon or Esseles.

Just for background I run Black Talon or Esseless flashpoint EXCLUSIVELY from level 10-16 on ALL of my toons. I think they are super fun the loots are nice and the exp is great too. If you count all my beta experience I have done both flashpoints approximately 400 times EACH... I have done Black Talon (havent leveled any republic toons yet) about 40 times since early access and another 100 or so times since they broke the loot tables back in beta.
CE VIP

Hratland
12.25.2011 , 04:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivad View Post
Pants have not dropped since they changed the loot tables several builds before beta ended. When they removed armor sets for each of the 8 AC's(not sure what was wrong with each AC getting its own set) and made just Hunter Inquisitor Operative Juggernaut and Marauder sets they broke the loot tables (badly at first). There was one run that our group had 11 Inquisitor boots and 5 BH gloves drop from trash alone and every run had at least 3-4 of each of those items dropping. Since the change Marauder and Juggernaut armor in general is super rare and BH and Inquisitor armors are super common. Operative loot is rare but not as rare as the Juggernaut and Marauder stuff.

As far as I know (some site out there list them but not sure if they exist) I have NEVER seen a helm drop for ANY class in Black Talon or Esseles.

Just for background I run Black Talon or Esseless flashpoint EXCLUSIVELY from level 10-16 on ALL of my toons. I think they are super fun the loots are nice and the exp is great too. If you count all my beta experience I have done both flashpoints approximately 400 times EACH... I have done Black Talon (havent leveled any republic toons yet) about 40 times since early access and another 100 or so times since they broke the loot tables back in beta.
Been running my BH and have not seen bracer's, legs, or head drop for him at all, and I have been running it about 10 times a day for 3 days now. Hope they get it fixed soon.

SweetZoid
12.28.2011 , 09:19 AM | #5
Same. Gauntlets/Boots always drop for me, i've run Black talon over 20 times now and still haven't got the Chest, Helmet or Legs.

Darkaine
12.28.2011 , 09:32 AM | #6
I have only received chest and boots for my hunter and chest and gloves for my inquisitor on BT.

Sucks to know that I will not be able to get matching gear for my Hunter. I love the chest piece. He is now running around in a white/blue top with green/tan pants.