Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So.. Account Wide Datacrons

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mandrillagon
12.11.2013 , 02:08 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Allowing players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level sounds like a perfect solution for everyone. I can imagine that would cost a small fortune though if the unlocks are not global and character only.

Ratajack
12.11.2013 , 03:20 PM | #342
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Exactly as you say. Because if there's one thing a game needs, it's more repetition and tedium. That'll make it wildly successful!
Let's eliminate the need to run those pesky OPS over and over again. Let's give every player who gets a piece of gear from an OPS an equivalent piece on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's give every player who reaches max level the ability to create max level characters. Let's give every player who purchases a piece of PVP gear, and equivalent piece of gear on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's eliminate the need to EVER do anything on more than one character. If a player does something once, all their alts, present and future, should instantly be gifted with the rewards.

After all, they already proved they can do it, and why should they have to go through the repetition and tedium?

Rhyft
12.11.2013 , 04:38 PM | #343
I don't think anyone's asking to be "given" legacy-wide datacron buffs at no cost. I think people are, instead, looking for BW to leverage the legacy system to make unlocked datacron buffs purchasable (by some means or another, whether CCs or credits) across a player's legacy. It's just purchased convenience, which is not a particularly unusual theme for BW to employ.
Rhyft - 55 Shadow Tank - Vertere - The Bastion

The Portal Legacy

ivanhedgehog
12.11.2013 , 04:49 PM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Does this mean handing out free stat bonuses has NOT been promised, but is merely being considered? If so, as Stoofa asked, will this be something that the player base is consulted regarding, or will the dollar signs win out over many people objections?
many people? a few loud people on the forums doesnt a majority make.

rlionherz
12.11.2013 , 04:56 PM | #345
i`d rather have an legacy wide cash+comendation pool. maybe a bank aswell
Agent Nermal
<NiNjAWiZaRdZ>
ToFN

Lord_Ravenhurst
12.11.2013 , 05:01 PM | #346
Let's eliminate the need to run those pesky OPS over and over again. Let's give every player who gets a piece of gear from an OPS an equivalent piece on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's give every player who reaches max level the ability to create max level characters. Let's give every player who purchases a piece of PVP gear, and equivalent piece of gear on EACH AND EVERY character they have or ever create. Let's eliminate the need to EVER do anything on more than one character. If a player does something once, all their alts, present and future, should instantly be gifted with the rewards.
/signed

Stoofa
12.11.2013 , 06:28 PM | #347

After all, they already proved they can do it, and why should they have to go through the repetition and tedium?
Following on the "logic" of the "I want everything for everyone and don't want to have to work for it" I don't think anyone in this thread will disagree with this suggestion.

PetFish
12.11.2013 , 08:23 PM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
many people? a few loud people on the forums doesnt a majority make.
Nobody said anything about a majority.
... Unless you've gone to Webster and changed the meaning of the word "many" and didn't tell anyone.
D'alari'ia - Sage | Balthaza'ar - Gunslinger | V'alexi'ia - Guardian
Maligna'ar - Commando | N'althaeni'ia - Scoundrel | Palada'ar - Vanguard | C'alystri'ia - Sentinel
T'alari'ia - Marauder | Xalava'ar - PowerTech | F'alconi'ia - Assassin
Halona'ar - Sniper | Q'aldoni'ia - Operative | Kalyntha'ar - Sorcerer | Galvana'ar - Juggernaut

ivanhedgehog
01.02.2014 , 11:21 AM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
Nobody said anything about a majority.
... Unless you've gone to Webster and changed the meaning of the word "many" and didn't tell anyone.
go back and read what I quoted... many is not the 3 or 4 people complaining here.

and pvp shouldnt reward lazy people for loosing. you should only get rewarded if you win. stop rewarding lazy losers!!!

DarthTHC
01.02.2014 , 12:06 PM | #350
Quote: Originally Posted by rlionherz View Post
i`d rather have an legacy wide cash+comendation pool. maybe a bank aswell
You already have both.

You can mail cash to anyone in your legacy.

You can likewise use any player's planetary commendations to purchase mods for any other character and mail those mods to the other character.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer