Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DOHboy
12.11.2013 , 02:00 PM | #11
I keep hearing the same Christmas songs year after year too.
why would you expect to have them spend time introducing new items every year?

Here is a shocker...next year for halloween They'll repost the pumkin chamber as well. SHOCKING!!! totally unforseen at anypoint in time that they would do such a thing..since well there maybe people who didn't get the chance to get it last year and maybe would like to have access to those items.

Why is this so difficult to have foreseen and hard to understand? Is it actually that shocking and unexpected?

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 02:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
How does "recycling" the lifeday stuff reduced your fun?
Because I felt unique in game when I had stuff that people could no longer obtain. I get some of my entertainment out of being unique, showing off my equipment etc...thats how it's reduced my fun. I don't want to be boring and unoriginal like you. I role play a lot and for me this has kinda ruined my experience

EricMusco
12.11.2013 , 02:01 PM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
A few weeks ago life day stuff from last year were selling on the GTN for millions because they were SUPER RARE and UNOBTAINABLE and the people who had them could show everyone that they were there, that they were in the game since that time, that they participated in the event.

And now you've brought back the exact same stuff from last year? Complete and utter laziness. There is no excuse. Bioware had a full year to come up with something new for it. I'm sorry but this game has just turned into a cash grab. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring back that stupid pumpkin chamber and that womp rat thing.

And i'm expecting a lot of replies which say "special snowflake" obviously those people have never experienced what it's like to be unique before and would prefer to be boring and unoriginal.
Hey Rileysoph,

We chose to bring back the Life Day items this year for a few reasons. Last year when we had the Life Day items, the Cartel Market was fairly new and so at the time, not a lot of people may have realized that these types of items can be limited. Also, we had not yet launched the Collections UI, which is especially helpful for items such as limited event items.

However, with that being said... It is our intention that after this run we will embargo the Life Day items and that they will not be returning again. Like all things, that is subject to change but currently our plan is that after this year these Life Day items will go into retirement!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 02:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
I keep hearing the same Christmas songs year after year too.
why would you expect to have them spend time introducing new items every year?
You can hear the christmas songs any time of the year, you can purchase christmas songs any time you want.

New christmas songs come out every year.

Try again.

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 02:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Last year when we had the Life Day items, the Cartel Market was fairly new and so at the time, not a lot of people may have realized that these types of items can be limited.
Exactly...cash grab.

You should have just labelled them 2013 and made the last years ones 2012, I would have been happy with that.

Also, bring back the rewards and everything from the first event, bring back the founder title, because "i wasnt there and i didnt get a chance to get them and the game was fairly new at the time". Oh wait it probably won't be brought back because you wont get any money from it.

branmakmuffin
12.11.2013 , 02:05 PM | #16
Because I felt unique in game when I had stuff that people could no longer obtain
/notsureifserious.

I sure hope you're not serious. I suspect you are just trolling.

Quote:
I get some of my entertainment out of being unique, showing off my equipment etc
But no one else cares. The only person you are "impressing" is yourself.

Quote:
.thats how it's reduced my fun. I don't want to be boring and unoriginal like you. I role play a lot and for me this has kinda ruined my experience
Form your tone, I can tell that you do not role play at all. RP is in the mind, not the pixels. What you (try to) do is Second Life in Star Wars, not RP. Which is OK with me, if that's what you want to do.

kopalame
12.11.2013 , 02:06 PM | #17
A few weeks ago life day stuff from last year were selling on the GTN for millions because they were SUPER RARE and UNOBTAINABLE and the people who had them could show everyone that they were there, that they were in the game since that time, that they participated in the event.[/SIZE]
When you can buy them on GTN seeing someone with them is no guarantee that, that person was there since last life day.

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 02:07 PM | #18
/notsureifserious.

I sure hope you're not serious. I suspect you are just trolling.
Because you can't comprehend the fact people ROLE PLAY. Go look up what role playing is.

Quote:
But no one else cares. The only person you are "impressing" is yourself.
Source that no one cares? Thanks

Quote:
Form your tone, I can tell that you do not role play at all. RP is in the mind, not the pixels. What you (try to) do is Second Life in Star Wars, not RP. Which is OK with me, if that's what you want to do.
From your tone i can tell you are very boring and unoriginal.

branmakmuffin
12.11.2013 , 02:12 PM | #19
Because you can't comprehend the fact people ROLE PLAY. Go look up what role playing is.
There is only 1 person between us who needs to look up role-playing, and his or her forum name has nothing to do with a food item. If (and I stress if) you think you need various pixels in order to RP in an MMO, you have much to learn about RP

Quote:
From your tone i can tell you are very boring and unoriginal.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 02:14 PM | #20
There is only 1 person between us who needs to look up role-playing, and his or her forum name has nothing to do with a food item. If (and I stress if) you think you need various pixels in order to RP in an MMO, you have much to learn about RP
So now you're dictating to people how to role play properly? How about you mind your own business and let people play the game how they want.

Obviously dictating to people and bullying people is an escape for you, but you know, whatever helps you sleep at night.