Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 01:44 PM | #1
A few weeks ago life day stuff from last year were selling on the GTN for millions because they were SUPER RARE and UNOBTAINABLE and the people who had them could show everyone that they were there, that they were in the game since that time, that they participated in the event.

And now you've brought back the exact same stuff from last year? Complete and utter laziness. There is no excuse. Bioware had a full year to come up with something new for it. I'm sorry but this game has just turned into a cash grab. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring back that stupid pumpkin chamber and that womp rat thing.

And i'm expecting a lot of replies which say "special snowflake" obviously those people have never experienced what it's like to be unique before and would prefer to be boring and unoriginal.

Joesixxpack
12.11.2013 , 01:47 PM | #2
Would you characterize it as a slap in the face?
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 01:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Yes I would.

DarthTHC
12.11.2013 , 01:50 PM | #4
The whole notion of life day sucks.

This subscriber would much rather they spend their time inventing new stuff instead of twerking last year's garbage into a slightly different scent of garbage this year. I mean, "Yay, it doesn't smell like rotting fish this year! Instead it smells like Miley Cyrus!" Oh... wait...
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

branmakmuffin
12.11.2013 , 01:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rileysoph View Post
A few weeks ago life day stuff from last year were selling on the GTN for millions because they were SUPER RARE and UNOBTAINABLE and the people who had them could show everyone that they were there, that they were in the game since that time, that they participated in the event.
They added the Special Snowflake legacy title just for them.

Quote:
And now you've brought back the exact same stuff from last year? Complete and utter laziness. There is no excuse. Bioware had a full year to come up with something new for it. I'm sorry but this game has just turned into a cash grab.
It's a product/service intended to make a profit. If it's a "cash grab" now it always has been a "cash grab."

But seriously, if you don't like the way they are doing the life day stuff, don't participate.

Selenial
12.11.2013 , 01:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
What an incredibly useful, on topic and totally not insulting post.

On topic, I don't really mind, as long as there's no 3rd round, that's a bit much.... At least they made an event this time.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

psandak
12.11.2013 , 01:53 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
On topic, I don't really mind, as long as there's no 3rd round, that's a bit much.... At least they made an event this time.
Chances are this will be an annual event. They will probably recycle the same stuff year after year adding one or two new things each year.

Rileysoph
12.11.2013 , 01:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
They added the Special Snowflake legacy title just for them.

It's a product/service intended to make a profit. If it's a "cash grab" now it always has been a "cash grab."

But seriously, if you don't like the way they are doing the life day stuff, don't participate.
Clearly you didn't read the small print. You are mocking me for wanting to be unique? I get my entertainment out of being unique. I wouldn't mock people who want to be boring and unoriginal, like you.

And again, I was expecting another "dont like it dont play it" response from people like you.

chuixupu
12.11.2013 , 01:56 PM | #9
And i'm expecting a lot of replies which say "special snowflake" obviously those people have never experienced what it's like to be unique before and would prefer to be boring and unoriginal.
Like this? http://www.torhead.com/mission/31PGV...cial-snowflake
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

branmakmuffin
12.11.2013 , 01:58 PM | #10
Clearly you didn't read the small print.
Small print is for lawyers.

Quote:
And again, I was expecting another "dont like it dont play it" response from people like you.
Then you didn't leave disappointed, did you? But yeah, if you don't like it, don't do it.. It's a game meant to be played for fun. How does "recycling" the lifeday stuff reduced your fun? Clearly you just want to bash the game for no reason other than just bashing the game, which is fine, if that's what you like doing.