Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So the Sentinel, Gunslinger, Marauder & Sniper can only DPS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So the Sentinel, Gunslinger, Marauder & Sniper can only DPS?

Felioats
12.23.2011 , 06:08 PM | #1
Is that right? It just seems weird to me. The healing and tanking ACs can spec to DPS, too. Why would you deprive yourself of the option to heal/tank later on? Is the damage really that good?

BoulderTroll
12.23.2011 , 06:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Is that right? It just seems weird to me. The healing and tanking ACs can spec to DPS, too. Why would you deprive yourself of the option to heal/tank later on? Is the damage really that good?
I'm guessing you're new to MMO's.

Pure DPS classes have been the most popular, over-represented classes in every MMO I've played. Ask how many WoW players played priests and shammy's compared to rogues, mages, and locks. The majority of players have very little (or no) interest in healing or tanking. Pure DPS is, and always will be, the most popular class.

Skodan
12.23.2011 , 07:00 PM | #3
some people dont like healing or tanking, it allows for greater choices for players instead of having a limited amount of dps classes
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Bgiffo
12.23.2011 , 09:19 PM | #4
Greater versatility within the DPS role. Also, when you play a class that CAN tank/heal a lot of people expect you to, which can be a bit of a problem.

Unpleasant
12.23.2011 , 11:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bgiffo View Post
Greater versatility within the DPS role. Also, when you play a class that CAN tank/heal a lot of people expect you to, which can be a bit of a problem.
This. Having a tanking spec means I'm going to be the tank, and having a healing spec means I'm going to be the healer, and it also means having multiple sets of gear so that I can actually fill those roles. Not that I'm against tanking or healing, but sometimes just watching those high numbers fly up on the screen is all I want to do.