Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranged classes have good melle aswell it needs to be changed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranged classes have good melle aswell it needs to be changed

theUndead
12.10.2013 , 04:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kombatikon View Post
no thanks noob I'm not here taking a test so who gives a dam about spelling. You ? well go cry to someone who cares
Actually it is you who is the noob if you think the Operative is a strong ranged character.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Seireeni
12.11.2013 , 08:53 AM | #12
Opening the thread, thinking this is about snipers and their 4m range hard stun and shiv. Reading it and finding out it's about operative dps. Now being very amused.

I'm not familiar with lethality, but show me a ranged concealment operative, please. One that actually manages to do some damage, if you can.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Cordorian
12.11.2013 , 09:17 AM | #13
Ok I am so sick of Operatives and Scoundrels having awsome range power then when you eventually get close to the they got just as good melle power and stuns to go with it. I am sick of this unbalance BW sort this **** make them range as they are and give them stuns so they can escape but ffs NERF their Melle they are not melle class. Melle classes dont have god mode range *** sort this crap out BW
Are you actually mad!

You talking about the hands down worst DPS class in game, when it comes to PVP. We have awesome ranged attacks like rifle shot that at best tickles you, snipe with a cast time from the now nerfed cover that hardly ever hits for 2k, a grenade (which is decent btw), explose probe from nerfed cover (actually a must use ability in concealment, not so much in lethality but still actually good) which has a 30s CD and costs a ton of energy, and corrosive dart (which is a decent dot)[ and in lethality you have corrosive grenade (a very good aoe dot) . At 30m range an operative will never be able to kill you, either because of CDs, energy management and two few hard hitters -> basically all of that combined. And you know why? Because it is actually a melee class (or mid ranged in case of lethality), most of the damage an operative does occurs in either 4m or 10m range depending on the spec. And guess it is the only melee class without melee CDs and still you are forced to go full melee to be of any use (well unless you are just spam dotting for fluff damage in lethality).
In both DPS tree you rotation evolves around shiv (and hidden strike but more so in concealment) to get TA to get you attacks rolling, which is from 4m range. In concealment you will also try to get hidden strike (from stealth and behind the target) and backstab (behind the target), which are both 4m range as well. So you also have two important attacks that have some addition requirements.

Cordorian
12.11.2013 , 09:29 AM | #14
sorry for double posts, but i came to the conclusion he must have confused operatives with sages http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5uH...ature=youtu.be

valeita
12.11.2013 , 09:31 AM | #15
Ok I am so sick of Operatives and Scoundrels having awsome range power then when you eventually get close to the they got just as good melle power and stuns to go with it. I am sick of this unbalance BW sort this **** make them range as they are and give them stuns so they can escape but ffs NERF their Melle they are not melle class. Melle classes dont have god mode range *** sort this crap out BW
rotfl

Technohic
12.11.2013 , 09:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Opening the thread, thinking this is about snipers and their 4m range hard stun and shiv. Reading it and finding out it's about operative dps. Now being very amused.

I'm not familiar with lethality, but show me a ranged concealment operative, please. One that actually manages to do some damage, if you can.
I actually think it would be cool to have lethality operatives have 30m range. Too bad it does't give you that with cull at least.

All I can think of is this moron getting dotted up at range then getting culled when he gets close.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

Mega_Fallos
12.11.2013 , 09:34 AM | #17
terrible crab have a cry about operatives? xD
scoundrel Ifeelyourpain
sentinel Theatre'tragedy
BadhidharmaBlow sage, Trax-trax marauder,
Markiza operative TOFN, POT5

Freedannad
12.11.2013 , 09:43 AM | #18
You can tell by the title that the op is not very smart. Perfect example on why reading these forums causes loss of IQ.

BuzzingFridge
12.11.2013 , 09:57 AM | #19
2/10 troll.

Joesixxpack
12.11.2013 , 10:02 AM | #20
op as ****.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE