Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross-faction guilds - when can we expect them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cross-faction guilds - when can we expect them?

Pietrastor
11.19.2013 , 05:08 PM | #1
During one of the cantina tours, someone asked Bioware about cross-faction chat and got a reply that it would be part of cross-faction guilds.

Well, when could we expect to see this happen? 3.0? Sometime at the end of 2014? Is it in any developement stage or just on the 'wall of crazy' for now? It sure would improve social/communication aspect of the game greately for tons of guilds with versions on each side so I can't wait to see this implemented as soon as possible

Mike_Bluesky
11.19.2013 , 05:12 PM | #2
First time I hear about this, any link?
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

Pietrastor
11.19.2013 , 05:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mike_Bluesky View Post
First time I hear about this, any link?
Lemme find it, will edit post, was one of the fansites

EDIT here:
http://ootinicast.com/2013/06/ootinicast-episode-85/
Quote:
Cross-faction chat channels: Only for guild chat, No ETA (this was the closest to an affirmative. He stressed no ETA, but said you can credit him saying this is something coming)
was somewhere else too bbut can't find more links ATM

MajikMyst
11.19.2013 , 06:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
During one of the cantina tours, someone asked Bioware about cross-faction chat and got a reply that it would be part of cross-faction guilds.

Well, when could we expect to see this happen? 3.0? Sometime at the end of 2014? Is it in any developement stage or just on the 'wall of crazy' for now? It sure would improve social/communication aspect of the game greately for tons of guilds with versions on each side so I can't wait to see this implemented as soon as possible
The problem is.. The link you gave us doesn't support that remark..

Quote: Originally Posted by Damion
•Damion: Cross-server queuing is really (really!) hard (Jeff: we’re not going to do that). Different solutions to solve the same problem in Game Update 2.4 (primarily oriented to hardcore PvPers). Servers hold four times the number players as WoW realms. Ranked queue times are on average shorter at all times of day compared to non-ranked queue times.
That is the only comment in your link that I can find on the issue of cross server.. So I would be interested to see an actual quote or something that supports your claim..

Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Mike_Bluesky
11.19.2013 , 06:33 PM | #5
Cross-faction chat and guilds is entirely different thing than cross servers stuff..
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

AshlaBoga
11.19.2013 , 06:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mike_Bluesky View Post
Cross-faction chat and guilds is entirely different thing than cross servers stuff..
Yep. Let's not confuse the two.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Pietrastor
11.19.2013 , 07:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
The problem is.. The link you gave us doesn't support that remark..

That is the only comment in your link that I can find on the issue of cross server.. So I would be interested to see an actual quote or something that supports your claim..

I suggest you hit that Ctrl + F "cross" few more times at the link

I even quoted the part

Xakthul
11.19.2013 , 07:22 PM | #8
Hmmm.....I predict that BW will implement this on the 15th of......

NEVER!
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Pietrastor
12.08.2013 , 08:31 PM | #9
Still hoping for yellow post

theUndead
12.08.2013 , 10:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Still hoping for yellow post
It's not going to happen from the looks of things. So you might wait a while.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche