Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help to break down lightsaber forms Jedi Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Help to break down lightsaber forms Jedi Sentinel

tozacs
12.23.2011 , 06:44 PM | #1
I am not sure if this has already been posted but I will ask anyway...
Could someone please breakdown the benefits of one lightsaber form over the other for the Sentinel?
Is one better for grouped enemies?
or
Is one more beneficial for when I am solo questing?

Please help me out becuase I am constantly changing forms trying to get the feel for what suits different playing environments.

THank you

SirHaggis
12.23.2011 , 09:30 PM | #2
well I haven't paid to much attention to knights, but if the trooper cells and shadow techniques are anything to go buy it most likely depend on your spec.
Haggis Mmm good.

Cry Havoc and and let slip the Dogs of War!

Durzaka
12.23.2011 , 09:39 PM | #3
if you listed exactly what they did the more uninformed on the class could help.

But im going to have to go with, they are based on spec.

If i recall, one of the sentinel specs even gives you a new lightsaber form to use.
Durzaka Retribution

SirHaggis
12.23.2011 , 10:36 PM | #4
Considering knight/warrior are the base class I have paid no attention to how could I?

But found this on the sentinal forum.

Quote:
There are 3 forms available to the Jedi Sentinel: Shii-Cho, Ataru, and Juyo.

Shii-Cho Form: Enters a balanced lightsaber form, increasing all damage dealt and reducing all damage received by 3%.

Shii-Cho is a basic Jedi Knight form and is probably best matched with the Focus tree or any situation where damage reduction would be helpful, such as PvP.

Ataru Form: Enters an acrobatic lightsaber form, increasing accuracy by 3%. In addition, your successful melee attacks have a 20% chance to trigger a second strike that deals energy damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

Ataru is talented from the Combat tree at level 20 and should be used with a Combat talent build.

Juyo Form: Enters an offensive lightsaber form, causing your melee attacks to increase all damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

Juyo form is trained at level 14 and is best paired with the Watchman talent build.
for guardian we can assume Shii-cho is still focus

soresu form is clearly for tanking so defense spec.

And like Ataru, Shien is found via tree (vigilance) so there you go.
Haggis Mmm good.

Cry Havoc and and let slip the Dogs of War!