Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Modes: What are we doing wrong?

Airees
12.23.2011 , 12:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Herew View Post
We have done Taral V, Battle for Ilum, The False Emperor and The Esseles on hardmode. Sure we wiped like 7 times on the hardest bosses, which often seem to be the 2nd or 3rd. But most others were 2 or 1 shot. We also had problems with loot chests being locked after killing a boss, or getting the normal mode loot table, but we found the flashpoints themselves to be easier then expected.
You managed to get past the Gark ? (the guy who spawns waves of adds) What strategy did you use ? We managed to get him to 20% and enrage with 1,5 healers, but with a lone healer someone would always die during or right after the stuns.

phbr
12.23.2011 , 02:10 PM | #12
Did any of you guys successfully kill the last boss of Boarding Party and can give me some pointers? Is the enrage time based or do the NPCs enrage after one of them dies? How do you manage the crazy damage of the Commander? What kill order do you go for? We tried killing the Commander first and just ignoring the reflect shield, but couldn't manage to down him before the damage just got way too unmanageable. We had a somewhat cheesy tactic which resulted in us killing the Security Chief, but Commander and Medic both enraged shortly after that and just destroyed us.

Airees
12.23.2011 , 04:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by phbr View Post
Did any of you guys successfully kill the last boss of Boarding Party and can give me some pointers? Is the enrage time based or do the NPCs enrage after one of them dies? How do you manage the crazy damage of the Commander? What kill order do you go for? We tried killing the Commander first and just ignoring the reflect shield, but couldn't manage to down him before the damage just got way too unmanageable. We had a somewhat cheesy tactic which resulted in us killing the Security Chief, but Commander and Medic both enraged shortly after that and just destroyed us.
Posted this in my heroic summary post. Don't tank, spread out to avoid aoe damage, dps zerg medic->chief->commander. Most of the damage in the fight is random anyways, so just need a good healer.

TheFirm
12.23.2011 , 10:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Airees View Post
Posted this in my heroic summary post. Don't tank, spread out to avoid aoe damage, dps zerg medic->chief->commander. Most of the damage in the fight is random anyways, so just need a good healer.
We did it another way, we had out tank pull the Melee boss to the stairs where you enter.
Tank was the only one in range of Main Boss' grenade spams, killed Melee -> Main Boss -> Medic.