Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Playing both special advancement classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Playing both special advancement classes

Khaydarian
12.23.2011 , 05:20 PM | #1
How different are the advancement classes from each other? For instance, if I have an imperial operative, would a sniper play different enough that itd be worth making both?

Thanks

VanorDM
12.23.2011 , 05:22 PM | #2
Well for the Imp Agent, one AC is for healing the other is Damage. So yeah the game play itself would be a good bit different.

But the class quest story is the same for both AC's.

Durzaka
12.23.2011 , 06:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Well for the Imp Agent, one AC is for healing the other is Damage. So yeah the game play itself would be a good bit different.

But the class quest story is the same for both AC's.
That healing AC also has 2 damage dealing specs fyi.

I think all ACs play different enough, that if you can play through the story again, the combat will feel different.
Durzaka Retribution

Nague
12.23.2011 , 10:28 PM | #4
Acs are basically what you know as classes from other mmos.

They play completely different, only reason they share a "class" is that it halved the required stories in a natural way.

But if you DO play two ACs from the same class, all quests will be the same and it might get boring.

Shainra
12.23.2011 , 10:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaydarian View Post
How different are the advancement classes from each other? For instance, if I have an imperial operative, would a sniper play different enough that itd be worth making both?

Thanks
Very much so.

The only reason they are ACs rather than just totally separate classes is because they share the same storyline. For your example, Operatives are melee dps with stealth, or they can spec to heal. While Snipers are ranged dps that strongly rely on the cover mechanic. They are a drastically different play style, as are most ACs. The most similar ACs, honestly, are those of the Knight/Warrior, since either way you go you're melee dps, the major difference being the potential option to tank for the Guardian/Juggernaut AC. Though, I'd imagine the style of melee dps would vary a bit.