Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Want to duo the game, what about class quests?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Want to duo the game, what about class quests?

Seksi
12.23.2011 , 09:52 PM | #1
Was wondering what the best way is to duo, haven't tried yet but this concerns me.

Do all the advanced classes follow the same class quest line? Like do snipers and operatives both follow the agent questline, or do they have their own? If I went Sniper and my wife went Agent would we be able to run through the same class questline together? Because this is the only way i could see it working, as only one of each advanced class is allowed in a instance from what I've seen.

The game does not seem duo friendly for this reason. I suppose we could run different classes altogether and run through each others questlines but seems like a ton of extra stuff mucking up the stories.

Suggestions?

Durzaka
12.23.2011 , 10:22 PM | #2
ACs share quests.

But other classes can still go into your class phase if youre grouped, in case you want to be different classes and dont mind having different class quests.
Durzaka Retribution

mrfoughtforever
12.23.2011 , 10:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
ACs share quests.

But other classes can still go into your class phase if youre grouped, in case you want to be different classes and dont mind having different class quests.
This. You can enter each others phase zones as long as your in a group together.

Shainra
12.23.2011 , 10:28 PM | #4
I duo level with my boyfriend. It's actually quite beneficial as you gain social points much faster, gain xp faster (from all the doubled up bonus quests), and it's easier to find groups for FPs (we always run as a tank/healer combo, we just change up who plays what when we make our alts).

That said, we've found that it's best to usually split up for our class quests. He'll go do his thing, I'll do mine. We've hopped into each other's instances on occasion to help out, but it really isn't necessary. If you really want to do the class quests together, and you're playing the same class there is an option to allow another of the same class to enter your story area, unfortunately it means you'll need to do each story area twice, as only the 'owner' of the particular story area gets credit for it. So I'd say it's better (if you realllllly want to partake in both of your class stories together) to roll two different base classes.