Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative Class Representative

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Operative
Operative Class Representative
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TwitchWINs
07.18.2013 , 08:03 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGrzecka View Post
I nominate morde for being the class representative for operative he knows alot about the class and he is the best on server and he isnt racist.
I second this...he's not racist and also likes men. I love scoldylox/morde.
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

Yestreen
07.22.2013 , 03:03 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
I definitely appreciate the nod, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremely intrigued at the prospect of being an Operative representative.

First of all, I think this was an immensely humble and respectable endeavour by Bioware to utilize crowd-sourcing for feedback. Internal testing can only go so far with limited resources, and I think having a unified liaison for communication between the public and the development team is the way to go. I recommend to Bioware that they should have 4 representatives for each AC. 1 for each role (tank/healer/dps) for each game type (PvP/PvE).

Let me first say that I am strictly a PvP'er, with very limited PvE knowledge/experience. While I know that this game is predominantly PvE oriented, I think it would be very wise to have some representation of the PvP side, as a large portion of the subscribers such as myself play only for PvP.

I've played an Operative in PvP since the game has launched (The Crucible Pits -> The Bastion), and although I've got experience on other characters/classes, Scold will always be my "main".

Some of my credentials:
I've seen it all, from triple-flash CC caps, to 2% Novare comebacks, to 2.5 minute Huttballs, to half hour Civil Wars, to 18 round Hypergates, and everything inbetween.

I've played in the <Hey im mvp> guild on The Bastion for over a year, and I've also been a ringer for several other of the top competitive PvP guilds on the server (including on my Scoundrel for the Republic side). I've also experienced playing on the PTS against some of the top teams around the world during the 2.0 testing phase.

I predominantly play as healing spec on my Operative/Scoundrel in ranked, as I believe that the DPS specs (scrapper/concealment especially) are currently not viable at the highest level of PvP. This is something I hope to help change in the future, as I believe that in a perfect world all specs should be viable, and I do enjoy playing DPS a lot in regular warzones. For example, one of my greatest disappointments with the scrapper/concealment tree is that hidden strike/shoot first is not a guaranteed crit. I find it mind-boggling that focus sentinels can have a guaranteed smash crit on multiple targets after every jump, yet a single target ability that requires set-up (stealthing to the back line) and that can only be used once (or twice) per fight, is not. There's little in this game that's as frustrating as opening up with a non-crit hidden strike on my Operative.

Outside of the game, I am a big forum jockey, as my day job is quite boring. I post consistently in the PvP forums and Bastion server forums. Although I don't have that much of a presence in the Operative/Agent forums, or any extensive strategy write-ups, that would change if I was to be elected for this position.

I have been PM'ed, whispered ingame, and sent ingame mail dozens of times from people who are asking advice about developing their Operative PvP skills. Most of the people who have approached me have seen me play in streams from Justbodies, Gudarzz, Wakalord, etc. Many of our games have also been showcased by our friend, Dailypvp: Half hour Novare, PTS vs <Nostrum Dolus> [EU].

I've been happy to help everyone who's come to me so far looking for advice. I've answered numerous questions about specs, gear, positioning, healing rotations, map strategies, sap-capping, etc. I've often debated with people about what I think is "best", and I think it's great when I also learn from the discussions.

Taking all of this into consideration, I think I could be an excellent candidate for someone who needs to represent a knowledgeable, firm, and open outlook on the Operative/Scoundrel AC in PvP.

Like every passionate gamer, I get frustrated from time to time about my own play or about the development in this game. That being said, I always try to think constructively and follow the wisdom of my favourite Russian hockey goalie.

Thanks for reading, no hard feelings if the spot(s) go to someone else!
I nominate Morde_.
Wurdlol
<Hey im mvp>
www.twitch.tv/wurdlolswtor

TwoLekku
07.24.2013 , 10:58 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
a large portion of the subscribers such as myself play only for PvP.
You have numbers on that? Because that's not how you endear yourself to those of us who PvE more than we PvP. Don't want half of a class rep.

paowee
07.24.2013 , 11:32 AM | #84
He is active on the forums, a known great operative healer in the ranked scene in bastion (knows his class), and i'm sure he will also include the concerns of pve players for the combat team Q&A so i nominate morde / scold.

p.s. i have an operative healer but gearing him up for DPS (legacy xfer gear from my sniper )

Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
Besides, the class rep is just that, a rep. The questions will ultimately come from the community.
qft
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

acguitarplayer
07.25.2013 , 11:13 AM | #85
I vote for Morde_

Jorojus
12.06.2013 , 12:13 PM | #86
So, who is the representative now ?
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

Jamalzero
12.08.2013 , 09:14 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorojus View Post
So, who is the representative now ?
^ I want to know if they changed the representative to someone who gives a S*** and not someone who will drop the ball on a class, to make it actually usefull in PvP and PvE other than healing. Overload shot extra damage ooooooooooo....really??? who even uses that ability as an Operative???

Morde_
12.08.2013 , 11:07 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamalzero View Post
^ I want to know if they changed the representative to someone who gives a S*** and not someone who will drop the ball on a class, to make it actually usefull in PvP and PvE other than healing. Overload shot extra damage ooooooooooo....really??? who even uses that ability as an Operative???
You're clearly misinformed if you think that I had any sort of role in determining the patch notes..
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

Elyx
12.09.2013 , 04:33 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamalzero View Post
the Rep is hardly responsible for the changes they make. the only real authority the rep has is to organize the apparent magical "questions" that we are using to "communicate" with the all might dev's. Thats it. he asks us, gets them organized, and hands them over.

BTW, most of us are scratching our heads at the changes .they nerf the whole class with the cover changes (when it was really the healing spec that needed to be cut back a bit defensively), and they add the overload shot increase. This is after some great discussion on how they realize that at least our one tree needs help (middle one).

FYI...the overload shot increase was a direct response to many complaints that it was a worthless ability since it did less damage then our AoE that costed the same resources..so they upped the damage. not a class solution, but it was a positive response based on our concerns, which is a good step.

However, the moderator posted threads asking us for ideas on how to improve the class are actually huge steps forward. so in spite of how frustrating it feels, that is more then they have ever done up to this point, and it reassures me, at least a bit. Now whether that will translate to real and solid changes shortly down the road is a totally different question, but we will see...
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

Jamalzero
12.10.2013 , 02:46 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyx View Post
the Rep is hardly responsible for the changes they make. the only real authority the rep has is to organize the apparent magical "questions" that we are using to "communicate" with the all might dev's. Thats it. he asks us, gets them organized, and hands them over.
So again i ask why did he drop the ball and say just remove overload shot entirely and give us something worth while to have??? I don't know after a successful hidden strike you gain 2 stacks of calculated pursuit which makes the next 2 overlaid shots cost no energy…thats just off the top of my head when i think of overload shot on the END tree for a sniper (thats the only real usage that ability gets…) Honestly i couldn't care about the cover thing i agreed with that all the way it was never supposed to be an Operative thing. I believe that Imperial agents shouldn't even get cover/crouch. forcing them to choose a AC at lv 10. Make Snipe and Explosive probe both standing abilities and if you say you crouch on either of those nope guess again when channeling snipe you stand up still in cover and explosive probe is insta cast so that shouldn't even be in the cover section yet…you must be in crouch to do so…TALK ABOUT THAT and not overload shot...

BTW, most of us are scratching our heads at the changes .they nerf the whole class with the cover changes (when it was really the healing spec that needed to be cut back a bit defensively), and they add the overload shot increase. This is after some great discussion on how they realize that at least our one tree needs help (middle one).
I don't see how they nerfed the whole class…they only nerved Concealment spec because the BW team thinks Force users should be dominant in all aspects for some reason…Jug 9k auto, Assassins (now) can do back to back 9k crits I've done so on my lv 29 in lowbie PvP and all i did was circle my opponent and spam maul…now that that ability requires less force and the duplicity proc i Maul (9k), maul(9.3), circle, maul(9.7) and they're dead their dead My operative to this day after the concealment nerd can't hit anyone in pre-55 PvP above 7k unless I'm out in the Outlaws den or on Ilum but that doesn't really count because its not PvP really and i can never hit that hard on a raid boss like o could with a less geared Jug/Sorc/Sin.

Healing on the other hand is fine that doesn't need a Def boost or nerf so i hope they don't change that… i have no issues healing in raids or PvP. As long as the DPS/tank is doing their job i don't get shot at really and if i do probes probes and more probes + nano tech + if your healer is a Biochemist (which it should be) i have a reusable medpack for oh S*** moments and i steath out to drop all aggro which enables me to use the med pack again as soon as the CD is over so unless your raid team/ PvP team is horrible Healer Ops should have no issues thats all their good for..

All the baddies had to do was complain about Ops killing them and they couldn't move and BW nerved them…. BUT…a Deception assassin can do the same thing and not get resolve nerf.. why i will never know…on my sin i can turn my PvP target into a training dummy and all they can do is step away from the keyboard/mouse and watch me kill them but on an op i cc twice and full bar…just because a team of ops can chain stun doesn't mean a sin can't do it solo…

Ill tell you my rotation…I spike, maul maul, shock, low-slash, maul, Discharge, electrocute (this is when the resolve bar fills on the 3rd stun) maul, maul, maul, assassinate, DEAD! they literally can't move and i get my solo kill in easy and cap said node/door/pylon/whatever…now i don't have to do that to kill my target its just when their is 1 person defending why try to fight straight up when he's gonna call for help mid kill? if i can take him out with little to no health loss i can cap the node and kill the next 2 guys that show up to try and take it back.

However on an Operative I hit Acid blade, hidden strike, acid blade( <--should be a 1min-60min buff seriously why do i have to reapply if their is no cool down and it only affects 2 abilities…or at least make it passive so it makes the two abilities auto acid and armor pen…why punish those who forget to apply just prior to attacking…ANYWAY) back-stab, shiv, corrosive dart, explosive probe (letting time go by to let the resolve bar drop) rifle shot,frag grenade (ooooo the resolve dropped a little) Debilitate, acid blade, back stab, shiv, Flash grenade (now resolve is full bar) and explosive probe, lacerate Dead)

but honestly the assassin Deception tree and Concealment Operative tree are very similar yet treated differently because one is Glowstick user and the other is an infiltrator (not really a difference) both have 3 stuns that act exactly the same, both have back stabbing abilities, both have decent frontal damage yet i don't have to have a rotation on my assassin for single target i can 9k-9.7k crit with 1 ability them to 15% and assassinate them for the kill

FYI...the overload shot increase was a direct response to many complaints that it was a worthless ability since it did less damage then our AoE that costed the same resources..so they upped the damage. not a class solution, but it was a positive response based on our concerns, which is a good step.
Overload shot is and always will be a pointless ability if not treated like the Sniper ENG tree version where you get to use it X amount of times for free…its damage is still insufficient and energy cost is still too high for anyone to want to put it in a rotation…might as well scrap the idea of Operatives all together if thats the trade off for a damage reduction to the concealment tree…again i say make explosive probe a standing ability so i can use it w/o crouching down…the only time i really get good use on it is during a stun i place on my target then i can get back up and continue circling him…or are you gonna say, "you're not supposed to circle your opponent in pvp making it harder for him to hit you and explosive probe being a standing ability would make Operatives too OP" If you thought that no….im sorry you are wrong that would be a fair judgement call if our hidden strike still hit for 9k like it used to but explosive probe on the fly while running at someone would definitely balance some dosing issues out make it a 10m ability for Ops i don't care we're MELEE I don't mind getting up in someones face and slicing them up or coming from behind an R****G them till they bleed from the A**

In what way do you think an ability that no one uses getting a buff is a positive step towards our concerns??? to this day since launch no Operative that plays his/her class right doenst use that ability…if they want to make a step towards our concerns to make the operative class actually viable in PvE/PvP content again reduce the cost of lacerate OR make Collateral stike (70% chance to deal 69 kinetic damage) proc more often so we can get Tactical Opportunity (100% dance at regaining tactical advantage IF Collateral stoke procs) more often…because as it stands it hardly ever procs and it would be nice to get a talent in the tree so we could do more damage to targets below 30% since Operatives don't have an excite ability and Operatives are pissing in the wind with our DPS. honestly lacerate should be treated like surgical probe…just TA usage not TA and energy…thats why i don't use the Kolto infusion once i hit 45 as a healer…it requires 20 energy, you have to cast it, it has a CD, and it consumes TA…why so many stipulations to one healing ability..its almost like you're telling us not to use this worthless heal…(and it only heals for 1087-1151 with a hot that heals an additional 200 over 12 sec…whopty freaking dooo)….thats a bit much so i take it off my bar once i get Recuperative Nanotech (because that heals for 915 for 9 sec plus its gets a set bonus to decrease energy consumption and healing output by 15% so really it heals for 1052.25 over 9 sec and it heals up to 4 people) both stats are based off a fresh 50 because my 55 in all (78) augmented heals for about 1200-2400(crit) on each tick during the 9 sec my probes do more healing than the infusion and they're always active.

However, the moderator posted threads asking us for ideas on how to improve the class are actually huge steps forward. so in spite of how frustrating it feels, that is more then they have ever done up to this point, and it reassures me, at least a bit. Now whether that will translate to real and solid changes shortly down the road is a totally different question, but we will see...
^ this part made me laugh… I'm not sure why of all the patches when we are given a buff to an attack that no one uses is reassuring but ok…

**on a side note**
If i offended anyone by anything I said, i do apologize, its just how I feel on the matter of being pee'd on and told it was rain.