Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashing still only effective way to refill missiles

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Crashing still only effective way to refill missiles
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vandicus
12.04.2013 , 12:01 PM | #1
I didn't do this in beta because I thought it was silly, but crashing to refill missiles is an important thing to do in order to maintain combat effectiveness. It seems rather silly to me though.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

HobbesToo
12.04.2013 , 01:02 PM | #2
There will be components from other ships that can refill your missiles.

DAWUSS
12.04.2013 , 08:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
I didn't do this in beta because I thought it was silly, but crashing to refill missiles is an important thing to do in order to maintain combat effectiveness. It seems rather silly to me though.
Then use your lasers. Your missiles aren't your primary weapons.

Vandicus
12.04.2013 , 09:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
Then use your lasers. Your missiles aren't your primary weapons.
Or I could just crash, and come back way more effective. Its not exactly a crippling problem since its easy to resolve by crashing, but its still silly.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Laurreth
12.05.2013 , 10:01 AM | #5
I may be wrong here, but if you suicide, don't you give the enemy team points (at least if anyone of them hit you)? You also take yourself out of the battle for some time, which most of the time vastly lowers your utility as opposed to just keep fighting.

So while death effectively refills your missiles, I wouldn't call it efficient.
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

Loc_n_lol
12.05.2013 , 10:16 AM | #6
It's also the only way to repair your hull if you don't have that specific companion ability, right ?...
It just seems bad. I think sitting immobile near a controlled point should resupply and repair your ship over time.

EricMusco
12.05.2013 , 11:24 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Although some other posters in this thread have already covered what I am about to say, I thought it might be good to get some yellow text on this! It is true, in the future the Bomber has some components which can help their allies in not only refilling ammunition, but also restore your hull as well!

Some things to keep in mind for when you suicide:
  • You are removed from the battle for a while, that isn't necessarily the best scenario.
  • By dying, you are giving the other team a point towards their victory.
  • You are granting assists to any players who had recently damaged you which will contribute to granting them Requisition.
  • Personal note: I love to play the game of "How many people can I kill when I have no rocket pods left while my ship is on fire before I die." I highly recommend this game.
Just thought I would bring some of that to light, mainly that the Bomber will address some of your concerns and that you suiciding is beneficial to the opposing team. Also, play my game

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

cashogy_reborn
12.05.2013 , 11:59 AM | #8
There is already so much missile spam......
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

BadOrb
12.05.2013 , 12:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Although some other posters in this thread have already covered what I am about to say, I thought it might be good to get some yellow text on this! It is true, in the future the Bomber has some components which can help their allies in not only refilling ammunition, but also restore your hull as well!

Some things to keep in mind for when you suicide:
  • You are removed from the battle for a while, that isn't necessarily the best scenario.
  • By dying, you are giving the other team a point towards their victory.
  • You are granting assists to any players who had recently damaged you which will contribute to granting them Requisition.
  • Personal note: I love to play the game of "How many people can I kill when I have no rocket pods left while my ship is on fire before I die." I highly recommend this game.
Just thought I would bring some of that to light, mainly that the Bomber will address some of your concerns and that you suiciding is beneficial to the opposing team. Also, play my game

-eric
Ah that clear that up , thanks. I play/played a different version of your game , I was on fire and stayed that way for about 6 mins , I couldn't kill anyone at the time as I was new but I did enjoy people trying to catch me as I piloted magnificently .

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

reclipsed
12.05.2013 , 01:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Or I could just crash, and come back way more effective. Its not exactly a crippling problem since its easy to resolve by crashing, but its still silly.
and lose 5-15 seconds waiting for respawn, then having to F3 20+ seconds to where you were to begin with..without engine power for 10+ seconds..
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche