Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech: Where are the Tanking Mods?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech: Where are the Tanking Mods?

Anundir
12.22.2011 , 05:28 PM | #1
I can't find any mods that are even remotely suitable for tanking on the Cybertech vendor. Searching on various database sites there are Schematics for tanking mods (More END than STR and +DEF/SHIELD Etc...) but I can't find them in game. The only mods on the Cybertech trainer are for DPS spec'd mods.

In fact the only mods I have seen setup for tanking are the ones that come from quest rewards and are in armor already. (These are the B versions of mods)

NOTE: This is level 33+ before that there is a mod called Guardian that is setup for tanking.

DougYoung
12.23.2011 , 08:53 AM | #2
indeed this just seems retarded the only mods are dps ones. and the ''tanking'' mods before lvl 33 arent fully tanking ones either just just have more endurance than willpower. where are the mods with tanking secondary stats like absorb, shield, defence????....... seems like they forgot to add them in. Seems the only way to get said mods is through comendation rewards/pvp rewards.

If cybertech cant actually make the mods what is the point of the profession??

Methosd
12.23.2011 , 11:06 AM | #3
Well to be honest the for said "tanking mods" just de engineer whatever ones u want and replace those most of the time dont really need the defense plus bonus ones anyway till end of game for raiding and flashpoints at 50

Methosd
12.23.2011 , 11:08 AM | #4
dont forget also that its super fast to lvl from 1-30 in only a few days aswell so ppl will replace the gear twice as fast so having dps mods even on a tank is biable for those lvls

DougYoung
12.23.2011 , 12:12 PM | #5
the issue is we dont have the choice, there are no craftable tanking mods....!! and I really could do with some more defensive stats even whilst grinding as I take a load of damage (as tank spec) and dont get a healer companion till almost lvl 40, bar the rubbish droid.

Thunn
12.23.2011 , 12:15 PM | #6
I do a lot of reverse engineering, and seem to get nothing BUT tanking-type items from my higher-level recipes. If you're not finding any, try commissioning them from another crafter.

msterpain
12.23.2011 , 01:08 PM | #7
I agree there are no tanking mods for us tanks. I had to reverse engineer the aim/endurance ones in order to get a blue mod that had def. as one of the stats. So it seems the only way to get a tanking mod we would have to reverse engineer the mods with stats we want.

Lamentari
12.23.2011 , 01:32 PM | #8
Tanking Mods come with Higher cycbertech I don't remember the exact number but I believe the level range was 30+ so maybe 250 ish in skill....if that helps any

I am on anchorhead if you need a hand and on Imperial side send me a message

DougYoung
12.23.2011 , 09:09 PM | #9
well im lvl 34 and 297 cybertech and have yet to see a mod with tanking stats. For an example this mod:

Aptitude Mod 14A(green)
Binds on Equip
Mod (Item Modifications)
Total Stats:
+10 Endurance
+18 Willpower
+3 Power
(Requires level 33)

into

Aptitude Mod 14A (blue)
Binds on Equip
Mod (Item Modifications)
Total Stats:
+12 Endurance
+22 Willpower
+3 Power

and then improved again at the purple stage. The stats stay the same from the green stage to blue then too purple, just improved. Are you telling me you have RE'd mods like the above ones and gotten different secondary stats?? I call ******** on that... I'm pretty sure they havent been added in.

Anyways this is the torhead link for that level showing all the green mods that should be in the game at that lvl (33): http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/...reqlevel/33-33

As you can see there is a load of green mods with all sorts of stats but there doesnt seem a way to make them!!

Anundir
12.23.2011 , 09:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lamentari View Post
Tanking Mods come with Higher cycbertech I don't remember the exact number but I believe the level range was 30+ so maybe 250 ish in skill....if that helps any

I am on anchorhead if you need a hand and on Imperial side send me a message
I have 400 Cybertech right now and there are no new magic recipes. Quest mods are far superior to anything I can make. Honestly, this profession is broken if you are any type of tank with the hopes of customizing your own orange armor.