Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kinda disapointed with GSF

Oniralas
12.03.2013 , 12:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
"X" completely stops your ship. You can accelerate slowly, but there seems to be a minimum speed.

"R" is the button you are looking for.

I recommend reading Dulfy's new players guide to learn more than what the tutorial teaches you before becoming disappointed with GSF: http://dulfy.net/2013/11/15/swtor-ga...-player-guide/
Read it, tried again. After remapping keys it's a bit better, but overall it just feels...weird. I've been playing SCon far too long apparently.

o7 and thanks for the link.

Helig
12.03.2013 , 12:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Oniralas View Post
OP was pointing out the flaws in design. OP also has more seat time in combat sims than he'd like to admit, and welcomes you to come over to MWO or SCon if you want to learn how to actually maneuver.
Because different design=flawed design, amirite?
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Stncold
12.03.2013 , 01:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
But it is flawed. In typical BW fashion it's like they researched nothing and just winged it as they went.

It's fun, in it's own little way, but it's flawed.
RIP The Fatman.

"Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships." -Lucas

Oniralas
12.03.2013 , 01:21 PM | #14
No, being designed differently != inherently flawed. However, your assessment / attempt to be humorous is.

Fly safe.
-Oni

BewBo
12.03.2013 , 01:40 PM | #15
is it just me or are the ships way too slow?

I've only had a couple of games but was disappointed at their lack of speed.

I realise that you can buy engine boosters which I presume increase speed but surely they would go faster to begin with?

Or is it just me?

Neoforcer
12.03.2013 , 01:40 PM | #16
Because different design means BW remade the wheel I know it's square now which leads to your car being bumpy but it's innovative. Just because you design some thing different does not mean it is good case in point GSF. The slow turning and targeting together make it bad design and a square wheel.

Oniralas
12.03.2013 , 02:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BewBo View Post
is it just me or are the ships way too slow?

I've only had a couple of games but was disappointed at their lack of speed.

I realise that you can buy engine boosters which I presume increase speed but surely they would go faster to begin with?

Or is it just me?
These sense of speed is off. Under non afterburner scenarios it feels like I'm not even moving. I've already voiced my opinion on the turn rates too - granted I am playing with near stock ships.

I'll let it brew for a few months and return.

Fly safe 07