Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.5 is out. How about those Class Reps!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2.5 is out. How about those Class Reps!?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
12.03.2013 , 10:25 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

As you may remember, after we completed the first round of top 3 from the Class Reps I decided to have the program take a break until 2.5 launched. Well, 2.5 is out now with quite a few class changes, and it will also mark the return of the Class Reps!

I will start getting in touch with the Class Reps this week who have yet to submit their top 3. The plan is that we will start submitting top 3s again in January. Reason being, quite a few class changes happened in 2.5 so I want to give everyone a bit of time with those before we start submitting questions. Also, I am going to prioritize classes who did not receive many, or any changes to the front of the top 3 schedule so they can have their questions answered first.

I just wanted to give everyone that quick update, let me know if you have any questions.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
12.03.2013 , 10:31 AM | #2
Since absolutely nothing has changed for Merc/Mando yet, how can you possibly expect 3 more questions when our past 3 haven't been acted upon? Are you suggesting that 2.6 will be out prior to the January deadline?? Or is this just for the classes you HAVE updated? It seems like you're screwing over Mercs/Mandos a bit Eric...
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Infernixx
12.03.2013 , 10:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Since absolutely nothing has changed for Merc/Mando yet, how can you possibly expect 3 more questions when our past 3 haven't been acted upon? Are you suggesting that 2.6 will be out prior to the January deadline?? Or is this just for the classes you HAVE updated? It seems like you're screwing over Mercs/Mandos a bit Eric...
Hostile much?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

gorstram
12.03.2013 , 10:33 AM | #4
Since absolutely nothing has changed for Merc/Mando yet, how can you possibly expect 3 more questions when our past 3 haven't been acted upon? Are you suggesting that 2.6 will be out prior to the January deadline?? Or is this just for the classes you HAVE updated? It seems like THE DEVS are screwing over Mercs/Mandos a bit Eric...
Fixed that a bit. Eric doesn't design our classes, I believe that Helen Keller designs for the Merc/Mando crowd.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Elyons
12.03.2013 , 10:34 AM | #5

Whoa cool down buddy. Mercs/Mandos are OP in the first place - unless your begging for those questions to nerf them, I would quiet down a bit
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

gorstram
12.03.2013 , 10:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Hostile much?
A lot of us do, Infernixx. Mercs/'Mandos been needing some love for quite a while now. There is a thread up in the Commando class forums chocked full of great ideas for the class, and I can only hope that the merc/mando team are currently experimenting with those ideas to improve our class.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Infernixx
12.03.2013 , 10:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by gorstram View Post
A lot of us do, Infernixx. We've been needing some love for quite a while now. There is a thread up in the Commando class forums chocked full of great ideas for the class, and I can only hope that the merc/mando team are currently experimenting with those ideas to improve our class.
I don't know the situation regarding the class in question. I only know that his post was overly aggressive. We don't act like that to other posters, the CMs don't act like that toward us and we shouldn't act like that toward them.

He's a smart one, he knows how to frame his post correctly and should be expected to do so.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

TUXs
12.03.2013 , 10:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyons View Post
Whoa cool down buddy. Mercs/Mandos are OP in the first place - unless your begging for those questions to nerf them, I would quiet down a bit
Have you seen the leaderboards? Unless you're 1 of the 2 in the top 100, you're wrong.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Justbee
12.03.2013 , 10:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyons View Post
Epic Joke 10/10
Gemüse schmeckt am besten, wenn man es kurz vor dem Verzehr durch ein Schnitzel ersetzt!

TUXs
12.03.2013 , 10:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
I don't know the situation regarding the class in question. I only know that his post was overly aggressive. We don't act like that to other posters, the CMs don't act like that toward us and we shouldn't act like that toward them.

He's a smart one, he knows how to frame his post correctly and should be expected to do so.
I'm sorry you feel my tone was "aggressive"...it wasn't meant to be.

It's a sincere question Infernixx. Without any update and no idea what they even have planned, how are we possibly expected to ask 3 new questions? The replies they gave us to the Merc top 3 questions left more questions than answers...they're talking about redoing many aspect of our class like channeling and redoing heat...things that would leave HUGE areas of concern.