Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
11.29.2013 , 10:41 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
I
All of the "traditional" Jedi outfits that BW has put in game have issues with them that people such as myself find objectionable. For me there are three issues:
1) The pants are WAY TOO TIGHT. By far my biggest objections.
2) Belt outside of the outer robe
3) Short sleeves.
4) Tucked-in shirts
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

OddballEasyEight
11.29.2013 , 12:42 PM | #132
I don't understand people such as yourself that are so opposed to a simple request. BW's business model is to make money with the CM. Since they pledge to keep the CM items cosmetic, does it not make sense to you for them to add items that are being heavily requested?

All of the "traditional" Jedi outfits that BW has put in game have issues with them that people such as myself find objectionable. For me there are three issues:
2) Belt outside of the outer robe
3) Short sleeves.
I just don't understand why some people are so adament to get exact replicas of the movie outfits in-game.

You can easily make your own jedi outfits that are very similar to the movie ones.

As for your points:
1) You don't have to wear tight pants. You don't have to wear pants at all really. (also, the movie outfits have semi-tight pants, sure not skin-tight, but still not baggy pants. And they are tucked into the boots so all you basically see is the knee)
2) yeah, must be rough on you having that belt outside the robe...
3) Also, pretty nitpicky (like the 2 first points).

To compare to the other classes, if these 3 points are your main complaints, then you got off easy.
The other classes have nowhere near the ability to look like their "role models" from the movies.
You try to get a decent looking Boba/Jango Fett, Clone Trooper or Smuggler.
Good luck.
I'll be able to pick out 10 things that are hugely different from the movies on each one.

The reason I even comment on these demands (because they are not requests, they are pretty much demands) is because they are so damned petty.
Seriously. Listen to yourselves for a second here.

"The pants are too tight. The sleaves are too short. The belt is on the outside of the robe."
Relly?
I'm surprised you arent complaining about the boots being too short too since obi-wans boots go all the way up to the knee.

Do you really need to create a clone of the jedi in the movies to be able to enjoy the game?
If you do, then there is something seriously wrong here.
I see people playing bounty hunters, smugglers, troopers and sith without feeling the need to look exactly like they did in the movies.
They are satisfied with looking pretty close but still different.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

AlrikFassbauer
11.29.2013 , 01:03 PM | #133
I know this or a similar problem from DDO : The pants (and most of the body-tight armor anyway) is modelled so ... tight that someone in the DDO forums came up with the expression that it looks like a condome.

Perhaps this "tightness" that the pants were translated into the German-language client of SWTOR not as "Hosen" (plural form of Hose = "pair of trousers", we don't use a "pair" of it in the German language, we see it as 1 piece of clothing, therefore "Hose" is a singlular form, whereas "Hosen" is the plural form used for several pairs of trousers) but instead as "Gamaschen" (here, only a plural form exist, as far as I know), which is an more accurate yet ancient woird no-one uses nowadays because in RL no-one is making Gamaschen anymore. Look here for Gamaschen : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamasche ( oops, it indeed has a singular form ! )
Wikipedia translates them as "Gaiters".

But in fact, most trousers in SWTOR look rather like superman-costume trousers ...
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Fenrith
11.29.2013 , 01:17 PM | #134
I personally like some of the Jedi armors in this game, particularly the armor the knight wears on the character creation screen. It makes sense there would be some armoring. But I'm not at all opposed to them making some more traditional armor, too. People should be able to look how they want. They still don't have the creation screen armor, though. They put in a version on the CC, but it does not have the shoulder armoring.... which is sad and strange.

I would like to see a hood toggle option, though. I mean, really, there's no reason that you should have to get two separate armors just to put a hood down. It's dumb, and it's not a lot of work to animate, as most of the models are already in the game. Just put them on the same armor. Plenty of Sith wish they could put their hood up, too.

Alec_Fortescue
11.29.2013 , 01:25 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
But in fact, most trousers in SWTOR look rather like superman-costume trousers ...
Check out Sionn's pants. They look baggy and loose enough. :] Bioware is able to do nice pants.

OddballEasyEight
11.29.2013 , 03:27 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Check out Sionn's pants. They look baggy and loose enough. :] Bioware is able to do nice pants.
I think they are overcoming some of the earlier design problems they might have had with long sleeves and baggy pants.
Like I said, the Marka Ragnos robe has long, wide, sleeves. Something that has not been in-game before.
They also have the slightly baggier pants of darth sion.
I'm thinking there might have been some earlier engine/design limitations that prevented these designs.
But, I am also sure that unless BW makes an outfit that looks exactly like this, most people in this thread will never be satisfied.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

Sportiva
11.29.2013 , 03:55 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
But, I am also sure that unless BW makes an outfit that looks exactly like this, most people in this thread will never be satisfied.
And why would that be so bad? ... You know, to actually give the customers what they want ... or would you rather that BW just keep producing great winners such as Czerka Corporate shirt or craptastic sets from Alderaan. There has to be at least a half a dozen other noble families from Alderaan that deserve their moment in the sun.

Aside from the lore outfits, I suspect that the Valiant & Eradicator sets are the two most popular. I wonder why??? Let's see no extraneous tubes or shoulder accoutrements. Belts inside the outer cloak. The pants do not look like they are painted on and leave a little bit to the imagination.

I currently wear Relnex on my guardian because it's probably the closest I will ever get to the look that I would like to wear. But as I stated in my previous post that set has some important short-comings. From a pure aesthetic standpoint, Valiant & Eradicator are much more appealing and much better designed armor sets.

But no, I'm sure that you are right. BW should keep on producing sub-standard products for the CM. I'm sure that will lead to a very healthy game in the long run.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Icebergy
11.29.2013 , 03:58 PM | #138
So YES, I do speak for everyone when I say that this most recent CM pack is complete and utter trash.
You do not speak for me.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Alec_Fortescue
11.29.2013 , 04:11 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
What's the problem? They just need to put it all together. They already made everything needed for traditional/iconic Jedi look. Thing is - they're all on different pieces. :] They're almost there. xD

What i'd love as well would be also a vest without the brown coat, too.

Reno_Tarshil
11.29.2013 , 06:07 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
What's the problem? They just need to put it all together. They already made everything needed for traditional/iconic Jedi look. Thing is - they're all on different pieces. :] They're almost there. xD

What i'd love as well would be also a vest without the brown coat, too.
Alec the day you get your Jedi Outfit is the day I get my Boba Fett armor. Just saying.