Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Favorite Shots

ban-canal
11.19.2013 , 08:15 PM | #201
cc= cartel coins and i actually did get treek with ccs now to gdo some gearing efforts

Quickpaw
11.20.2013 , 12:52 AM | #202
So how do you take in-cuscene screenshots? My printscreen button only works outside of them.
Honestly, when it comes down to it, I don't think I'm a very "good" Jedi. And you know what? I'm fine with that. I trust my heart more than my head, and that's not a bad thing.
My name is Shadow. And I am a Jedi.

CorePhantom
11.20.2013 , 05:11 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
In the Galactic Starfighter testing?
Ah!, I don't really play on the test servers, I'd rather spend time on the characters that actually matters, though I have been thinking about it lately

Quote: Originally Posted by ban-canal View Post
cc= cartel coins
Aha, okay, the "s" at the end kinda confused me, thought it was short of a 3 word sentence

Quote: Originally Posted by Quickpaw View Post
So how do you take in-cuscene screenshots? My printscreen button only works outside of them.
I don't use the build-in screenshot feature, instead I use an universal screen capture and recording program called "FRAPS"
"Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Hound of War"

DogEyedBoy
11.26.2013 , 09:38 PM | #204
Besides the border and SWTOR logo what sort of post-production work do you do on your screenshots?

CorePhantom
11.27.2013 , 05:25 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by DogEyedBoy View Post
Besides the border and SWTOR logo what sort of post-production work do you do on your screenshots?
Well because the screenshots are not able to capture the vibrant in-game colors (for some reason they always turn out a little brighter than the game actually is), I often adjust both the "contrast" and "saturation" so the pictures look closer to what it really looks like in my game

On rare occasions the lighting can cause the shot not to properly reflect the actual light in the in-game environment in question, in such cases I will also adjust the "hue"

The 3rd thing I do is direct editing, such as look for bad clipping in the models, as there are so many combinations in both weapons and armor parts it is impossible for SWTOR to make all the equipment work seamlessly together, in most cases it is the weapons that can cause problems, where they will protrude through the cloth / armor.

The editing also involve removing things like the companion affection gain pop-ups during conversations, or the conversation "wheel" pops-up at just the same second as the character makes a funny face, I usually avoid these pop-ups by restarting the conversation with the HUD toggled off, but in some cases it's not possible to capture the same exact shot and I'll just edit out the pop-up afterwards instead

But whenever I do these edits it is always very important to me not to give people a false or misleading impression of how the game actual looks and I never edit anything in a way that will make things like armor combinations look better or much more seamless than they really are, only in very rare situations where the characters use animations exclusively seen in cut-scenes (kneeling, acrobatic attack and such) will I edit things to cover up protruding bits and pieces, they don't reflect animations that you might see during the general game-play, so I usually feel comfortable editing these

Example of both "contrast", "saturation" and editing (the images are not identical, but the problem areas were the same):
Spoiler

In this case the armor is showing allot of clipping because the character has his arms crossed, which is primarily a cut-scene animation, so I think it's fair to edit it (WIP edit)
Spoiler

CorePhantom
12.04.2013 , 06:50 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by ban-canal View Post
needs a boost got any new character
Hehe nah not really, been a bit uninspired lately

I still have tons of shots, but haven't been able to get around to sort them out

Xakthul
12.05.2013 , 07:12 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by CorePhantom View Post
Hehe nah not really, been a bit uninspired lately

I still have tons of shots, but haven't been able to get around to sort them out
Any GSF screenies?
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

CorePhantom
12.06.2013 , 06:09 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
Any GSF screenies?
No not at this point, it is incredibly hectic so you don't really have the time to stop up and take any screenshots

Basically, if you stop, you die

Xakthul
12.08.2013 , 07:20 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by CorePhantom View Post
No not at this point, it is incredibly hectic so you don't really have the time to stop up and take any screenshots

Basically, if you stop, you die
True....

Though I spam shield regen and stack health to avoid dying.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf