Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VonFoxFire
11.25.2013 , 04:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Copperheadr View Post
It's HANGAR not HangEr. Unless you use it to hang stuff.
Well it could be a hanger if they have fighter hanger racks like they did in the galactic empire era.
Through fear we have conformity , through conformity we have civilization , through civilization we have culture , and through culture we give life meaning.

BPAgent
11.25.2013 , 04:22 PM | #12
Because what it needed was a WHOLE NEW monetary system to purchase things.

Stncold
11.25.2013 , 04:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rydlin View Post
Get rid of the cartel coin cost for converting requisition. make it just standard game currency. you already make a substancial profit off the cartel market.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

Glzmo
11.25.2013 , 04:37 PM | #14
The article makes only references to "players earn this, players earn that", not characters. Does that mean what you earn will be account/legacy wide when it goes live? If so, that will be great.

skywarpgreer
11.25.2013 , 04:54 PM | #15
the requsition concept sounds a bit like the war thunder model to me which sounds good

im really looking foward to this

For those who have already played the beta can u clarify this for me: Can u see the pilot/your character in the cockpit? Any kool customization if so for that eg the gear you can wear? Also is there any kind of emp weapon?

JasonAttard
11.25.2013 , 04:56 PM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
The article makes only references to "players earn this, players earn that", not characters. Does that mean what you earn will be account/legacy wide when it goes live? If so, that will be great.
All requisition will be tied to the specific character you are using. Sorry for the confusion!
Jason Attard | Senior Game Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darion_Leonidas
11.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #17
Groan...
You're kidding me...
Grinding for special equipment to make space fighter combat... wait for it, kids!... GEAR-DRIVEN!!!
In other words, to make it utterly meaningless, pointless, worthless... crap.
We finally had a shot at having on - just ONE - truly skill-based aspect to the game and instead of a decent space flight combat sim, it's just going to be more of the same old "my-stuff's-cooler-than-your-stuff-so-I-don't-have-to-actually-get-GOOD-at-anything" nonsense.
Tie a pillow across your butts, kiddies, and fall ***-backwards into "greatness" you don't deserve.
"X-Wing VS. TIE Fighter" showed everyone how it's done 20 years ago, but these idiots think they have to re-invent the wheel.
May the lameness be with you. I'm outta here.

Nemarus
11.25.2013 , 05:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darion_Leonidas View Post
Groan...
You're kidding me...
Grinding for special equipment to make space fighter combat... wait for it, kids!... GEAR-DRIVEN!!!
In other words, to make it utterly meaningless, pointless, worthless... crap.
We finally had a shot at having on - just ONE - truly skill-based aspect to the game and instead of a decent space flight combat sim, it's just going to be more of the same old "my-stuff's-cooler-than-your-stuff-so-I-don't-have-to-actually-get-GOOD-at-anything" nonsense.
Tie a pillow across your butts, kiddies, and fall ***-backwards into "greatness" you don't deserve.
"X-Wing VS. TIE Fighter" showed everyone how it's done 20 years ago, but these idiots think they have to re-invent the wheel.
May the lameness be with you. I'm outta here.
GSF is closer to X-wing and TIE Fighter than anything has ever been. The HUD is ripped straight out of those games. Controlling power to engines, shields, lasers. Balancing shield arcs. Slowing to 1/3rd speed to turn faster in a fight. The fricken Imperial Gunship looks like an Assault Gunboat!

The gear upgrades create, at most, 10% discrepancies here or there. A superior pilot will always win over gear.

Maybe you should try it before you go all hyperbolic.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

CyanideFunk
11.25.2013 , 07:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
GSF is closer to X-wing and TIE Fighter than anything has ever been. The HUD is ripped straight out of those games. Controlling power to engines, shields, lasers. Balancing shield arcs. Slowing to 1/3rd speed to turn faster in a fight. The fricken Imperial Gunship looks like an Assault Gunboat!

The gear upgrades create, at most, 10% discrepancies here or there. A superior pilot will always win over gear.

Seriously? You get to do all that? That is really awesome. Is there an in cockpit view at all? Either way, roll on the 3rd!

Brewski
11.25.2013 , 07:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post

Agreed. The gear grind gives you a slight edge, but it's not hard to max out a build. After that, it's just getting additional options. I already know what ship, and what build, I plan to max out first. After I get it, it'll all be adding variety to tweak my play.

I did wonder at the phrasing of the article, and it would be nice to get actual confirmation on whether or not requisitions and unlocks are faction wide or character specific. I can see why they might tie them to each character, but honestly I'd love to see it launch as faction wide so I don't need to have one toon as my "GSF" character. I'd much rather be able to queue up on any toon...

So, in the absence of an official statement I will expect them to be character specific. (But secretly I will still hope for faction wide unlocks.)

Either way, it's still a great expansion, and I'm looking forward to the 3rd.