Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Requisition and Upgrades
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
11.25.2013 , 01:50 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Discover more about how to upgrade and customize your own fleet of starships in Galactic Starfighter!

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rydlin
11.25.2013 , 02:14 PM | #2
Get rid of the cartel coin cost for converting requisition. make it just standard game currency. you already make a substancial profit off the cartel market.
___[==THE==]____
/DEATHSTALKER/-----[======] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
'''''/LEGACY/'''''////'''''''''''''''''''
_ /////_

Size-Matters-Not
11.25.2013 , 02:24 PM | #3
"Completing daily and weekly Starfighter quests will grant Requisition rewards, as will some of the new achievements."

This along with gear grind = hamster wheel for MMOs? Same old is getting boring.

I'll give GS a shot but honestly, other than getting all my alts up to 55 there really isn't much new to this game that's keeping my interest. I may need to take a break for a while.
Bloodfin: <Fight> Gabriel-Leo, SizeMatters Not

Vis-Tecum
11.25.2013 , 02:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rydlin View Post
Get rid of the cartel coin cost for converting requisition. make it just standard game currency. you already make a substancial profit off the cartel market.
this or increase the rewards for fleet req its terribly grindy right now and looks kinda greedy with the cartel coin conversion

please don't monetize what we already have done the grind for. just spend the effort to create wanted ship designs and paint jobs and earn your pay through cosmetics like you promised, there is absolutely no reason to charge players for rewards they have already earned by playing

in my opinion the requisition system is hands down the worst part of galactic starfighter
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Nemarus
11.25.2013 , 02:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Size-Matters-Not View Post
"Completing daily and weekly Starfighter quests will grant Requisition rewards, as will some of the new achievements."

This along with gear grind = hamster wheel for MMOs? Same old is getting boring.

I'll give GS a shot but honestly, other than getting all my alts up to 55 there really isn't much new to this game that's keeping my interest. I may need to take a break for a while.
So they're essentially bolting an entirely new game onto SWTOR--one that is the closest thing to a sequel to the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series that we've ever seen, one with an entirely new set of ship classes, one with an entirely new system for upgrading and customizing your gameplay experience, an entirely new combat system that is as much twitch based as it is RPG ... and you dare to say "there really isn't much new to this game". What in the WORLD would you consider new, if not this? What? Seriously, what?

I've been playing GSF in closed beta, then open beta, for the last two months. It is AMAZING. I'd pay $100 + subscription for it alone. Xbox One just came out. PS4 just came out. I might have cared, but GSF got to me first.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Size-Matters-Not
11.25.2013 , 02:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
So they're essentially bolting an entirely new game onto SWTOR--one that is the closest thing to a sequel to the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series that we've ever seen, one with an entirely new set of ship classes, one with an entirely new system for upgrading and customizing your gameplay experience, an entirely new combat system that is as much twitch based as it is RPG ... and you dare to say "there really isn't much new to this game". What in the WORLD would you consider new, if not this? What? Seriously, what?

I've been playing GSF in closed beta, then open beta, for the last two months. It is AMAZING. I'd pay $100 + subscription for it alone. Xbox One just came out. PS4 just came out. I might have cared, but GSF got to me first.
Meh, I was in beta as well, and what I've seen didn't blow up my skirt. Like I said, I'll give it a shot, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. it's definitely not something I would shell out $100 for.

Something new would be expansion on PVP - not talking about more WZ or arenas mind you. Or, addition of some sandbox elements. There are plenty of ideas on these boards and crowed about to death.
Bloodfin: <Fight> Gabriel-Leo, SizeMatters Not

Copperheadr
11.25.2013 , 03:00 PM | #7
It's HANGAR not HangEr. Unless you use it to hang stuff.

Former Bria resident.

Levitronn
11.25.2013 , 03:26 PM | #8
Ok im really confused about this. Is the space thing we have now going away to be replaced by this new space war thing? Or is it something entirely new and we keep the space thing we have now? Also do we have to pay for this expansion? It says early access the 3rd but doesn't say how we get in?

Nemarus
11.25.2013 , 03:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Levitronn View Post
Ok im really confused about this. Is the space thing we have now going away to be replaced by this new space war thing? Or is it something entirely new and we keep the space thing we have now? Also do we have to pay for this expansion? It says early access the 3rd but doesn't say how we get in?
It's separate. The existing space remains; however, any character can do the new space, starting from level 1 (and it rewards XP).

The expansion is free; however, subscribers get access on December 3rd, where as premium players get access in January and free players in February.

There are optional cartel coin purchases you can make for particular cosmetic ships, or to speed up earning access to other ship variants. Note, however, that all ships start out "equal" (though different). You upgrade them by earning "ship requisition" which you can only get by playing (you cannot buy ship requisition).
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Rydlin
11.25.2013 , 03:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Levitronn View Post
its just a new pvp area, you will have the old space missions still this is just a new concept towards pvp and mixing space combat with it
___[==THE==]____
/DEATHSTALKER/-----[======] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
'''''/LEGACY/'''''////'''''''''''''''''''
_ /////_