Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black/Black Dye

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
11.22.2013 , 09:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sol-Ra View Post
I'd like to see these rare dyes added on rotation like the bounty week event. Say a couple days a month said dye is for sale, then on to the next and the next and so on. It will keep them rare but accessable.
Yeah, I kind of get the idea that this is their plan (based on the last premium dye cycle that ran on the CM recently).

The real question seems to be the timing interval. I think they should just announce an interval and stick with it, even if they don't specify which dyes are posted in advance.

Personally, I think they are deliberately walking a delicate line on this. Why? Because if they list them too often, the in game trade prices plummet and people who bought them all along at large premiums will be filling the forum with tears and anguish.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

VitalityPrime
11.22.2013 , 09:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by illgot View Post
I wish people would stop supporting such a horrible dye system.
At this point...I highly, highly doubt we will ever get them to let us dye our looks for free.

I'm a realist...I'm not going to sit here and complain about something that's not going to change...and then be all upset about it.

I going to buy the damn item for the price it's set at and have fun right now.

To each their own.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

Andryah
11.22.2013 , 10:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by vitalityprime View Post
at this point...i highly, highly doubt we will ever get them to let us dye our looks for free.

I'm a realist...i'm not going to sit here and complain about something that's not going to change...and then be all upset about it.

To each their own.
+1

AlexDougherty
11.22.2013 , 10:02 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I have no interest in black/black.

But could we please have several other combinations that exclude black and white but still look good together?

I mean, purple-pink? Red-green? Really? Are there any gear sets those look good on?
Red-Green dyes would look good on BH gear (Boba Fett), Purple-Pink would look good for female Sith, and Black-Black would look good on most imperial characters, and troopers and smugglers.

But I will never pay the prices on GTN for them, they really are too high.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

illgot
11.22.2013 , 10:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
At this point...I highly, highly doubt we will ever get them to let us dye our looks for free.

I'm a realist...I'm not going to sit here and complain about something that's not going to change...and then be all upset about it.

To each their own.
if people stop purchasing the dyes at 15 dollars for a single use, they will stop selling them at that price.

Sol-Ra
11.22.2013 , 10:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yeah, I kind of get the idea that this is their plan (based on the last premium dye cycle that ran on the CM recently).

The real question seems to be the timing interval. I think they should just announce an interval and stick with it, even if they don't specify which dyes are posted in advance.

Personally, I think they are deliberately walking a delicate line on this. Why? Because if they list them too often, the in game trade prices plummet and people who bought them all along at large premiums will be filling the forum with tears and anguish.
But our forums are usually filled with tears and anguish because someone didn't get their way. More frequently is fine by me, when I finally need one I'll buy it.
Sol-Ra Mundari
{DPS Vigilance Guardian - 60}
REGULATORS
CE VIP SK

<Star-Gazers>
The Harbinger

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here. - Qui-Gon Jinn Ep 1

Andryah
11.22.2013 , 10:18 AM | #17
I have no interest in black/black.

But could we please have several other combinations that exclude black and white but still look good together?

I mean, purple-pink? Red-green? Really? Are there any gear sets those look good on?
I have no personal use for Black/Black either. But I do like a number of the dyes where black or white forms one of the two colors.

And yes.. there are some seriously ugly color combinations IMO.

But I disagree that there are not other good dye combinations already in release, many at reasonable prices on the GTN too. I personally find the White/LightOrange, LightOrange/White, Blue/Black, Black/Blue, DarkBlue/LightBrown, and DarkGreen/MediumBrown to work very well with many gear sets.

I've not been impressed by many of the newer dyes released through the cartel packs, but I have to say the recent DeepBrown/Black is nice as well.

On a different note, I am making a truck load of money buying and relisting dyes these days. The market prices vary greatly over time on Harbinger and there is a lot of money to be made by simply keeping tabs on the market and buying bargains and holding them for later relisting.

Selenial
11.22.2013 , 10:40 AM | #18
Red-green??
Oi, that's uncalled for

My guild's throwing a Christmas event on the 30th (come along if you're Harbinger ) And this dye is crucial to my attempts at the costume party
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Andryah
11.22.2013 , 10:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Oi, that's uncalled for

My guild's throwing a Christmas event on the 30th (come along if you're Harbinger ) And this dye is crucial to my attempts at the costume party
LOL.... you /wins the thread IMO Selenial.

EricMusco
11.22.2013 , 12:11 PM | #20 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
Please put up the black/black dye cartel market item during the double xp weekend.

That is all, thank you.
Coincidentally, we had already planned to bring black/black dye back during double XP! I don't have the exact timing in hand right now, but you will see the black/black then. I will let you know when I get more details.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]