Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Changes Brainstorming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary Changes Brainstorming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Majspuffen
11.19.2013 , 04:55 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Hell_Kaiser_Fett View Post
Honestly I would love to see my PYRO Merc use some FIRE abilities, such as Flamethrower, and it being used as an anti melee ability would be perfect. I wonder if anyone can do the math to make it a plausible skill.
Potential for being a defensive cooldown in PvP is huge.

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
11.19.2013 , 05:58 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
Potential for being a defensive cooldown in PvP is huge.
No I like it and it has plenty of potential, I meant if like a theorycrafter could figure out how much damage it should do, what side effects, and how long of a cool down, that way it isn't so op.
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

Kazubaii
11.21.2013 , 12:10 AM | #203
Would really like another dual wield skill used when playing the arsenal tree.
Maybe some sort of buff/skill in tree for power shot to make it part of rotation.
Perhaps a reduction to length of armor debuff for tracer missile to 20-25 secs so it still is used fairly often with the above buff to power shot. Or maybe give tracer missile a chance to proc a instant power shot.
Would also love a execute skill added. Perhaps something along lines of a armor piercing missile that ignores 100% of targets armor.

IWantOffLineGame
11.21.2013 , 01:39 AM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by TrooperSev View Post
Arsenal Mercs should have the free rail shot added back in, but I don't think the rail shot should be tied to a set bonus. It should work off something from the skill tree, like how pyros get a free proc and ap pt's get a free rp.

My idea for rail shot:
- Tracer lock now also reduces the heat of the next rail shot by 2 heat per stack. (Maybe lowering dmg per stack to 4-5% to offset a little)
As my Alacrity is 10.47%, I would oppose lowering the dmg on rail shot, as heat isn't an issue for me. I take no issue with lowering heat cost of abilities, but I do when it comes at the cost of dmg.

IWantOffLineGame
11.21.2013 , 01:42 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
Purely from a pvp perspective, as someone who is succeeding as an arsenal merc in 4s, playing with a merc healer in 4s, and playing pyro in solo queue...

Pyro:
- dots being dispelled are ok, just make them tick harder. make the talent "only affects players" if it screws with pve too much. When I play pyro, the burst combos feel like they're just not quite enough. Harder ticking dots would make up for this. Lethality snipers are the perfect example of a dot class.
I feel for PvP only, all dots/bleeds shouldn't be cleaned, unless it's a class with their own self purge ability.

IWantOffLineGame
11.21.2013 , 02:41 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
I'm going to be tackling the issue from the perspective of merc dps in pvp.

The issue is not with our damage, and its not even with our burst. When I play merc dps in pvp, I always wonder why I'm not playing another of my characters(I play my merc because it was my main for pve and my first char, so it has all my stuff on it). I don't think any player should get the feeling of, "Why am I playing this class?" for either pvp or pve.
Maybe it's because for you, playing merc pvp isn't your thing. Some players only like playing a certain class, others like me, have 16 chrs. My alts are my main.

IWantOffLineGame
11.21.2013 , 02:49 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtBranham View Post
Merc healing - Pvp Perspective only

The second problem is energy management. Mercs have, by far, the worst resource management of all the healers with no good way to recoup for losses. I would suggest one change here. Have activating supercharged gas, when activated vent 25 heat instead of the current 8. This would go along way to get the energy management on par with other classes.

Merc healers lack an "oh ****" button. Sorcs can bubble for 10 sec of invuln (which they can heal via tree option) and Operatives have vanish and to a greater extent, roll. [
Sorcs/Sages have the worst energy as healers, with scoundrel/OP with none. And that so called oh poo button is worthless. Unless you get healed back up or the gang of enemies dancing at you while you're in your FB are killed, you die 10 seconds later. FB only delays death most of the time.

And for healers, it's only 1% every second while in FB, so 10% total health max you get.

IWantOffLineGame
11.21.2013 , 02:53 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
One thing I have always been annoyed by playing a healing merc is that we can't cast Rapid Shots on ourselves. If you want to make it so we can't build stacks of supercharged gas (at least not in PVP, maybe) and only healing specced mercs can do it, fine, but not being able to do it at all still throws me off a bit.
I feel it should be a cast ability, but we can now use on ourselves, and make Healing Scan a mobile heal. If you don't agree with me, my feelings will be hurt!

IWantOffLineGame
11.21.2013 , 02:59 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by RougeBeaver View Post
Something I'd like to see but doubt will happen is the return of the 30m Electro Dart for Merc only. It's a ranged class, it deserves to be able to kill from a distance.

Something that really should be given, however, is a Gap Opener. Something like Wow's Disengage where you bounce backwards 15-30m or so would be lovely!
Smuggies/Agents always had a 4m CC, and while I do sometimes think of the good old days of CCing someone far away in Huttball in the fire pit, I do now agree with it for balance.

But our other CC should be instant for balance as well. Some classes get an instant AoE CC, but we have to cast a single target CC? How is that balanced?

IWantOffLineGame
11.21.2013 , 03:10 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
This post is written with arsenal mercs in mind and while I don't have suggestions for most of them, to me these are some of the more glaring questions.

What does everyone think of being able to be interrupted?

There are other higher dps classes that cannot be interrupted, so why do arsenal mercs have this disadvantage? I feel this is mostly a carry over from world of warcraft just because that is what they have on their casters. We need some beneficial trade off for this.
While GS/Snipers cannot be interrupted, that is only when in cover. Mele class attacks are 4-10ms, ranged 30-35ms. So all but 1 or 2 attacks are casted. That is my answer why.