Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sportiva's Avatar


Sportiva
11.20.2013 , 07:51 PM | #101
Since the last gambling pack contained nothing but putrid shi ... cra .... stuff. How about you start adding stuff that people want?
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

CrazyMcGee's Avatar


CrazyMcGee
11.20.2013 , 08:02 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
Since the last gambling pack contained nothing but putrid shi ... cra .... stuff. How about you start adding stuff that people want?
Ok, if you speak for everyone and the last pack contained nothing that people want, are you saying that NO packs have been bought? Because the info on what was in the packs was clearly advertised. So if no one wanted it, then no one would have bought it, right?

But wait, how is that I see so many people with gear from the new packs? How is there loads of stuff on the GTN? Why did I buy a couple of hypercrates? Why have I already sold my doubles for considerable cash?

It's almost as if people DO like the stuff from the new packs. It's as if you DON'T speak for everyone.

It's totally fine if you want to express your opinion, but why do you have to act as if you speak for the rest of us? I don't recall electing you as my voice.

BW DID include stuff that people want - which is why so many people have bought items from the new pack from the CM or through GTN. You are demonstrably wrong.

Sportiva's Avatar


Sportiva
11.20.2013 , 08:18 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Ok, if you speak for everyone and the last pack contained nothing that people want, are you saying that NO packs have been bought? Because the info on what was in the packs was clearly advertised. So if no one wanted it, then no one would have bought it, right?

But wait, how is that I see so many people with gear from the new packs? How is there loads of stuff on the GTN? Why did I buy a couple of hypercrates? Why have I already sold my doubles for considerable cash?

It's almost as if people DO like the stuff from the new packs. It's as if you DON'T speak for everyone.

It's totally fine if you want to express your opinion, but why do you have to act as if you speak for the rest of us? I don't recall electing you as my voice.

BW DID include stuff that people want - which is why so many people have bought items from the new pack from the CM or through GTN. You are demonstrably wrong.
Hey Skippy, thank you for your reply.

I based my declarative statement on the fact that I purchased a 24-pack of the Opportunist pack because I wanted to finish off my rep for these packs to get the "Armed & Dangerous" title.

I had absolutely ZERO interest in any item I received, so I just planned on selling them all. From the 24 packs I purchased, I received the Irratdiated Varactyl and the Camping regen toy. I also got 3 Gold level pets. On my server (Ebon Hawk), the Varactyl is worth 1.8 million, the Camping regen toy about 400k, and the pets are selling for around 25k. I received only one armor piece that I can sell for above 100k (Senuous Lower Body Armor, goes for around 225k). All other armor set pieces are hovering around 45k or less.

So YES, I do speak for everyone when I say that this most recent CM pack is complete and utter trash.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

Reno_Tarshil's Avatar


Reno_Tarshil
11.20.2013 , 11:04 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
Hey Skippy, thank you for your reply.

I based my declarative statement on the fact that I purchased a 24-pack of the Opportunist pack because I wanted to finish off my rep for these packs to get the "Armed & Dangerous" title.

I had absolutely ZERO interest in any item I received, so I just planned on selling them all. From the 24 packs I purchased, I received the Irratdiated Varactyl and the Camping regen toy. I also got 3 Gold level pets. On my server (Ebon Hawk), the Varactyl is worth 1.8 million, the Camping regen toy about 400k, and the pets are selling for around 25k. I received only one armor piece that I can sell for above 100k (Senuous Lower Body Armor, goes for around 225k). All other armor set pieces are hovering around 45k or less.

So YES, I do speak for everyone when I say that this most recent CM pack is complete and utter trash.
Lol but you only speak for yourself..

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
11.20.2013 , 11:31 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
Since the last gambling pack contained nothing but putrid shi ... cra .... stuff. How about you start adding stuff that people want?
Aaaaw maaan... and here I was thinking that the dewback, sensuous dress, ulic qel-droma outfit, formal tuxedo, Stylish dress, rendili shadow and the ikas mounds were really cool looking...
Thanx for setting me straight on that.

Phew, that could have been embarrasing... could you imagine if I used them? I mean you just told us that everyone thought those were putrid shi... cra... stuff... I would have been the laughing stock of SW:TOR!

But at least you set things straight... you are lucky that you can decide what everyone else thinks is cool. Not many have that ability...

OddballEasyEight's Avatar


OddballEasyEight
11.20.2013 , 11:34 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
Hey Skippy, thank you for your reply.

I based my declarative statement on the fact that I purchased a 24-pack of the Opportunist pack because I wanted to finish off my rep for these packs to get the "Armed & Dangerous" title.

I had absolutely ZERO interest in any item I received, so I just planned on selling them all. From the 24 packs I purchased, I received the Irratdiated Varactyl and the Camping regen toy. I also got 3 Gold level pets. On my server (Ebon Hawk), the Varactyl is worth 1.8 million, the Camping regen toy about 400k, and the pets are selling for around 25k. I received only one armor piece that I can sell for above 100k (Senuous Lower Body Armor, goes for around 225k). All other armor set pieces are hovering around 45k or less.

So YES, I do speak for everyone when I say that this most recent CM pack is complete and utter trash.
And on my server:
Irraditated varactyl is well above 2.5 million.
Camping toy: around 1 million.
sensuous lower body armour: 400k
and I'm not going to generalize the rest but it is mostly higher than what you are quoting.

I think what the problem on YOUR server is, is that MORE people bought the pack so MORE people are trying to sell the items, thus driving down the prices...

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
11.21.2013 , 12:06 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Aaaaw maaan... and here I was thinking that the dewback, sensuous dress, ulic qel-droma outfit, formal tuxedo, Stylish dress, rendili shadow and the ikas mounds were really cool looking...
Thanx for setting me straight on that.

Phew, that could have been embarrasing... could you imagine if I used them? I mean you just told us that everyone thought those were putrid shi... cra... stuff... I would have been the laughing stock of SW:TOR!

But at least you set things straight... you are lucky that you can decide what everyone else thinks is cool. Not many have that ability...
For me, all I'm interested in was the sensuous outfit and the dewback. I don't much care for the other things, and seeing as most of the other armour sets are selling for low prices on my server, I can pretty much say, that the common things are trash, they're everywhere, and you can't give them away. I did manage to get a varactyl that I hope to sell for just over 1m on my server, which I'll put to my savings to get the dewback, then I'll be done, because there is nothing in the pack I want tbh. Not very tempting as packs go really.

I did actually get a phallic helmet for about 5K, dyed it purple and put it on one of my bounty hunters, and he looks pretty awful (considering I dyed the rest of his armour purple to match his hair too) lol....
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

Thylbanus's Avatar


Thylbanus
11.21.2013 , 02:04 AM | #108
I find that lack of imagination is part of the problem. I did some quick ideas that I will work on by showing dye packs later, but for the most part you can make an outfit piecemeal. Here are some from his pics with some characters that are similar.
Here
Here

With just a bit of work, you can make just about any Jedi look you want. The only thing missing is the full robe that Master Plo Koon is wearing.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
11.21.2013 , 02:26 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
I find that lack of imagination is part of the problem. I did some quick ideas that I will work on by showing dye packs later, but for the most part you can make an outfit piecemeal. Here are some from his pics with some characters that are similar.
Here
Here

With just a bit of work, you can make just about any Jedi look you want. The only thing missing is the full robe that Master Plo Koon is wearing.
Like you say, all it takes is a bit of mixing and matching skills or efforts. The outfit you have furthest to the right, the lower can look more like the look above it by using last handmaiden lowers and regal apparel upper and dying them two tone brown.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
11.23.2013 , 02:27 PM | #110
Eric, please some updates after such a long time :P

I just got a person to spend well over 500 euro on cartel coins in the few following months... I wanna keep doing this and stay subscribed but I really need those robes now :[
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware