Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Loc_n_lol
11.19.2013 , 01:21 PM | #1321
Quote: Originally Posted by shleefin View Post
So, I queued up on my operative healer and got HM czerka meltdown. Zone in and discover to my abject horror that *I* am the tank!
operatives aren't even allowed to queue as tanks... da*** ?
The Red Eclipse
Jayçey - Gol'dy - Raibbach - Locnlol - Rex'Power'Colt - Ki'Sazen
Nyctis - Dre'xin - Jaegerk - Nahzeer - Pan'thera - Crystei

shleefin
11.19.2013 , 01:26 PM | #1322
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
operatives aren't even allowed to queue as tanks... da*** ?
I know.. My guess is that it was a GF bug.

midianlord
11.19.2013 , 01:47 PM | #1323
Gotta be a glitch with GF.

I notice that on my Mercs and Mandos, GF sometimes has both the "Damage" and "Heal" boxes ticked, but that class can be either, so it makes sense. (I've learned to always double-check that as a result )

I imagine this happens for hybrid damager/tanker classes, too?

But Scouperatives can't even be tanks, soooo....
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Bowenator
11.19.2013 , 02:07 PM | #1324
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
But Scouperatives can't even be tanks, soooo....
My sniper - and probably many others - already tank better than some "tanks." Haven't tried it much on my scoundrel, I just stealth if I pull threat.

If only they hadn't removed those patron armorings....
Bro on Jedi Covenant - confusing your voice chat since 2011
Bro, Bro-curious, Bro-bafett, Bro'backmtn, Bro-lolololol
Bro-biden, Bro-bot, Donthealme-bro, Bro-biwan, Pawpatine

Subach
11.19.2013 , 02:15 PM | #1325
See, due to the cover mechanic, I imagine agents/smuggs would actually be pretty affective against ranged enemies, since if you don't do an action and just stay in cover, you take literally no damage from the majority of their attacks. This wouldn't work in practice because there is no aggro management...but I've always wanted to try it for fun.

Skodan
11.19.2013 , 02:39 PM | #1326
Quote: Originally Posted by shleefin View Post
So, I queued up on my operative healer and got HM czerka meltdown. Zone in and discover to my abject horror that *I* am the tank!

I doubled checked my queued roles and verified that it was set to healer (as I have to reason to ever change it, especially not to tank, lol). So I was at a loss, and quite embarrassed as everyone was rightfully pissed. I say my apologies and quit the group.

Still have no idea what happened. But I was the weird one for once.
It's not possible for an operative to queue as a tank role at all. the box is greyed out and never clickable since you dont have a tank role in any tree.

The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

DuEldrvarya
11.19.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1327
I had an assassin tank with 2% higher DR than my operative go down in a fp because he was an idiot and grabbed every single mob in 100 meters, was taking over 3000 damage per second, kept him alive for over 20 seconds then when he died he proceeded to ***** at me for being a bad healer while me and a marauder tanked everything else still alive without taking even 1/2 the damage he did.

Also a sorc on that same run who refused to respect my cc's and any thing else i did for that matter. He stopped getting heals about 2/3 of the way through the fp. Fortunately me and the mara were more than a match for the fp.

Ya those two went on ignore.

Darkelefantos
11.19.2013 , 03:35 PM | #1328
Quote: Originally Posted by DuEldrvarya View Post
I had an assassin tank with 2% higher DR than my operative go down in a fp because he was an idiot and grabbed every single mob in 100 meters, was taking over 3000 damage per second, kept him alive for over 20 seconds then when he died he proceeded to ***** at me for being a bad healer while me and a marauder tanked everything else still alive without taking even 1/2 the damage he did.

Also a sorc on that same run who refused to respect my cc's and any thing else i did for that matter. He stopped getting heals about 2/3 of the way through the fp. Fortunately me and the mara were more than a match for the fp.

Ya those two went on ignore.
Idiots. One of the things that will never be out of stock.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"

Kampori
11.19.2013 , 08:28 PM | #1329
Was just in a 55 HM, healing. Had a mara in group, 38k hp. Thought it would be grand.
First boss, tank DCs (droid in Hammer Station), sorc dps (28k hp) and the mara. Immediately the sorc takes the boss' aggro. Mara didn't use camouflage, and never gained aggro off the sorc. I even extricated the sorc (which lowers threat, doesn't it?)
He also used bloodthirst on CD. Like, even in between trash packs. The whole bloodthirst spent running to next pack.
then my internet uppity and goes and I miss the rest of the fun.
This Is Not Here

Sniper l Marauder l Assassin l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Sith Empire l CE
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

Never_Hesitate
11.20.2013 , 02:19 AM | #1330
Quote: Originally Posted by DuEldrvarya View Post
I had an assassin tank with 2% higher DR than my operative go down in a fp because he was an idiot and grabbed every single mob in 100 meters,
I don't want to defend the tanks behaviour but the DR part is nothing special, I have a higher DR from armor on my juggernaut even in DPS equip than I have on my my Assa tank
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian