Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness Dps in Arena, Fully Viable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Madness Dps in Arena, Fully Viable

orryko
11.13.2013 , 05:06 PM | #51
lol. i haven't even watched the videos linked in the op. but you can go to mudclot's or insomniaq's stream and watch many different ones.

the strat with double madness is to dot up everyone but the healer. you cc the healer.

thanks for proving how bad and low rated you are.

not responding to a no name anymore. stay small. oh, and keep crying so you get me buffed more. thanks.

Devinia-Hex
11.13.2013 , 05:17 PM | #52
Yea you don't dot up there whole group because your the first one who gets pulled by the vanguard and while he reduces your damage output by 5% the Shadow opens on you the 3rd hybrid tank is also on you and you've already had to bublle or your died from the double pulsecannon/Shadow Strike crit discharge combo they just put on you.

If you did shield and your heals is visable he's the next pull when your shield ends they are back on you if you survived and you have 0% defensive cooldowns to stop what they are going to bring and your team can not keep them off of you and you die likely before you ever got more out then affliction on a few targets.

That is exactly how most any avergae teams would drop you here, Stop fooling yourself your on a second rate server and your not very good.
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion

Laforet
11.13.2013 , 05:36 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Devinia-Hex View Post
Yea you don't dot up there whole group because your the first one who gets pulled by the vanguard and while he reduces your damage output by 5% the Shadow opens on you the 3rd hybrid tank is also on you and you've already had to bublle or your died from the double pulsecannon/Shadow Strike crit discharge combo they just put on you.

If you did shield and your heals is visable he's the next pull when your shield ends they are back on you if you survived and you have 0% defensive cooldowns to stop what they are going to bring and your team can not keep them off of you and you die likely before you ever got more out then affliction on a few targets.

That is exactly how most any avergae teams would drop you here, Stop fooling yourself your on a second rate server and your not very good.
Bastion > PoT5 deffo.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Some people once said i was arrogant. The state of sorc healing throught RotHC taught me humility. Bioware made me a better person.

Xeraz
11.13.2013 , 07:19 PM | #54
Sigh, you will come up with anything and everything to protect yourself. Since you can't succeed with Sorc then clearly nobody can. Unless, of course, they are playing noobs. I mean, you've already moved the goal post. Originally you said "unless on Bastion or POT5." Now that you were shown up you have changed the rules to "only on Bastion since POT5 is second rate."

It's fine. I understand it's only human nature to protect yourself and blame others or your surroundings but, perhaps, you might want to consider ways to improve your own personal skill and team/comp.

Sorcs are not FOTM or OP. Sorcs CAN be viable if played very well with a comp that is also offensive and able to capitalize on that play-style.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Devinia-Hex
11.13.2013 , 09:13 PM | #55
Actually you took what I said out of context I said I'm on an RP Server not POT5 or the Bastion (Supposed best pvp servers) and I said you would get dropped on my server (RP Server not known for it's PVP). That was the speed at which I measured your play. I don't know if the Dev's game you 5 bucks to make the post but real world you will get dropped in under 5 minutes by any team who half way knows what they are doing. An operative with Guard would likely heal your damage fairly easy and are made to spread hots which is a hard counter for dot dps.

Thanks but I know my classes and I know many combos that would be a double sorc dps with no trouble regardless of what you had healing you.

BlissDivine
11.13.2013 , 10:09 PM | #56
A great healer can keep anyone up. Put a Sorcerer one on one vs. a Powertech or a Marauder and the Sorcerer will lose most of the time. Even if the Sorcerer has full pvp gear and uses grenades.

Xeraz
11.14.2013 , 11:14 AM | #57
An operative with Guard would likely heal your damage fairly easy and are made to spread hots which is a hard counter for dot dps.
In an attempt to be productive I'll still try to help you out a little. Sorcs are most useful in arena because of the utility they bring and control. Very, very, rarely do you want to focus down and kill an operative healer with guard. Tbh, this is a recipe for failure because other classes are just better at it.

Sorcs excel by focusing down the melee, often the tank, and putting constant pressure on the enemy team through spread dots and cc/interrupts on the healer. Eventually they fall behind and during a CC-lock someone dies. 4v3, gg.

Quote: Originally Posted by BlissDivine View Post
Put a Sorcerer one on one vs. a Powertech or a Marauder and the Sorcerer will lose most of the time. Even if the Sorcerer has full pvp gear and uses grenades.
Also this is simple not true.

Devinia-Hex
11.17.2013 , 05:38 PM | #58
What you fail to realize is your the first target of any enemy team who has half a clue what they are doing and saying that your going to dot everyone even two of you is false vs a good team they will smother one until he bubbles smother the other until he bubbles then go back to the first one he dies then return to the 2nd he dies. If you have bad teams focusing on your guarded healer or your your tank with his many defensive cooldowns then they are just that bad teams.

There is no I'm going to control this and that because they have you snared and rooted and will even throw the tank at you fo interupts making you worthless besides instant dots. You've been playing two hand touch arenas I think based on your video's. Dps just says excuse me I'm trying to get to your guarded healer would you mind moving to the left a little I wouldn't want you caught in my smash as you have no AOE damage reduction. ........You have bad melee we do not I gues that's the difference,

atomic_coffee
11.18.2013 , 04:30 AM | #59
as a sorc, you rely on your teammates the most. you're the ultimate support character. while those sorc players might be really good, it's not only their own merit, but also the skills of the healer/tank/other dps on their team. sorc is always the first one to be targeted, because everyone knows you're an easy kill; if you play with a team that realizes this and at least tries to keep opponents off your back, they're the one who deserve praise. not you.
≖‿≖

Xeraz
11.18.2013 , 11:19 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by atomic_coffee View Post
as a sorc, you rely on your teammates the most. you're the ultimate support character. while those sorc players might be really good, it's not only their own merit, but also the skills of the healer/tank/other dps on their team. sorc is always the first one to be targeted, because everyone knows you're an easy kill; if you play with a team that realizes this and at least tries to keep opponents off your back, they're the one who deserve praise. not you.
How does this explain my 90% winrate in solo queue?

Sorcs support your team just as much as your team supports the Sorc.