Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Innocentess
12.23.2011 , 05:41 PM | #1681
Adjust your windows to best performance:

Control panel -> Set your control panel view from top right to Large icons -> Performance information and tools -> Adjust visual effects -> Check "Adjust for best performance"

Now your windows 7 may look pretty crap but it gives some fps in most cases.

And remember to disable shadows also.

Some of the ppl are whining here for no reason... you are not supposed to play just released games with 5+ years old rig without problems. Just try to adjust or buy a new PC if you want your game look good.

They are aware of the situation for sure and atleast considering their options.

JovethGonzalez
12.23.2011 , 05:43 PM | #1682 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone, we have an update on this issue for you. Our development team and our production team have been investigating this issue and we want to thank everyone who has posted constructively on this thread. You’ve provided the development team with a basis for investigation into the low FPS issues, and with your help they have identified and are in the process of resolving the indoor framerate drop.

Please note: this applies to people experiencing a severe framerate drop only when inside buildings, or alleviated symptoms when turning off shadows. Please keep in mind that there are always numerous factors at play when you experience an issue; the more specific you can be with your report, the better you are equipping us to investigate and fix it.

If you are experiencing a framerate issue that does not fall under that very specific category, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • A clear and concise description of your issue.
  • Your DXDiag (please use spoiler tags).
Have you followed these specific steps (see my note about “Low” settings):
  • Change settings to high, click apply. You should see a loading screen as settings are applied.
  • Change settings to low, click apply. You should see another loading screen.
  • Observe whether there is any change in performance.

Some of you have already pointed this out, but there is a separate issue at play here that might be adding another layer of confusion. Your settings will always display as “Low” on first run of the game – but they might actually be on Medium or High!

Thank you for your patience, and know that we are keeping a very close eye on the forums.

sgucohost
12.23.2011 , 05:45 PM | #1683
My issues include:

Black screen, which I've read about. Happens about 5-10 minutes into the game each time I log in and start playing.

Character gone - my first character is gone. I logged out normally, closed the game, opened it back up, and the character no longer appears.

My computer is fine, all other games work fine (WoW, RIFT, COH.) Drivers up to date, and so forth.

I'll keep an eye on this thread from now on in case anyone has any suggestions I should try.

amirtimur
12.23.2011 , 05:49 PM | #1684
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey everyone, we have an update on this issue for you. Our development team and our production team have been investigating this issue and we want to thank everyone who has posted constructively on this thread. You’ve provided the development team with a basis for investigation into the low FPS issues, and with your help they have identified and are in the process of resolving the indoor framerate drop.

Please note: this applies to people experiencing a severe framerate drop only when inside buildings, or alleviated symptoms when turning off shadows. Please keep in mind that there are always numerous factors at play when you experience an issue; the more specific you can be with your report, the better you are equipping us to investigate and fix it.

If you are experiencing a framerate issue that does not fall under that very specific category, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • Change settings to high, click apply. You should see a loading screen as settings are applied.

Some of you have already pointed this out, but there is a separate issue at play here that might be adding another layer of confusion. Your settings will always display as “Low” on first run of the game – but they might actually be on Medium or High!

Thank you for your patience, and know that we are keeping a very close eye on the forums.
well good news for those people I guess... What about the erratic fps differences that me and many with me are experiencing? 110fps goes to at wors 25 in some situations and the games feels stuttery.

Any news about that?

Soullen
12.23.2011 , 05:50 PM | #1685
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Great, so you've found a fix for a particular FPS drop issue, but what about those who experience a decrease in frames in warzones as well as open world (when there is a lot of action going on around us ie. NPC vs NPC gun fights in Corellia)
Vader for Best Dad in the Galaxy Award!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNWbuVHilA

Boesgaard
12.23.2011 , 05:53 PM | #1686
My issue is.

Random FPS drops anywhere in the world, i run at 60 fps or more when suddently my fps drops to about 20 and then right backup, and then down again causing lagg spikes, this happens on any planet i go to.
In Warzonens i run at a 15 fps or lower at all times making the warzone unplayable.

My rig is above the recommended.

Spoiler

Soullen
12.23.2011 , 05:55 PM | #1687
I have precisely the same issue as Boesgaard. And my specs are 4870 Radeon with 8 gigs of RAM and a Quad Core AMD 9570 Processor.
Vader for Best Dad in the Galaxy Award!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNWbuVHilA

Kirkkh
12.23.2011 , 05:56 PM | #1688
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryNL View Post
I agree with your ENTIRE post except for the highlighted part.

60fps+ is 100% fluid.
Cap it at 50 = I can see and feel that it is less fluid, tested it with shooters, MMO's (WoW) and other games with an in-game console.
30 = ''console fluidity'' (xbox 360, ps3 most games are capped at 30fps except for for instance Call of Duty) which is still extremely playable, but not ''smooth'' in both response time and visuals.
24 fps and less: very stuttery and annoying.

Don't care how many times people go ''BUT MOVIEZZ ARE 24 FPS MAXX AND ARE FLUID, HUMAN EYE CANT SEE MORE!!''. These guys don't realise what tv-post processing does. Difference between 60 and 30 fps is clear as day to me, my mother, my father, even my girlfriend clearly notices it ;p
Ok so, I'm agreeing, I just wanted to clear this up.

Most monitors refresh at 60mhz, or roughly 60 fps (it's more complex, but basically). If your game is running at anything above 60fps, your can't really notice (because of the monitor's limitations).

Video game fps is also not equal to like television fps. A TV runs at 30fps, which is equal to about 60fps for a game.

Imagine playing a game at 30fps then.

Yeah, crappy, this needs to be fixed.

amirtimur
12.23.2011 , 05:56 PM | #1689
Spoiler

That is my dxdiag.

My peoblem is that I am running at 110 fps and suddenly gets fps drops. some not so severe but others really gamebreaking. the fps ranges from 110 to 25 on the worst situations. The game feels quite stuttery and is honestly not that pleasant to play.

whyteboui
12.23.2011 , 05:57 PM | #1690
Doesnt matter what graphics setting i put it on in warzones i still drop to 25-30 fps.