Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

theCheapNinja
11.02.2013 , 08:23 AM | #151
Thank you for this contribution! I really dislike adobe air and was thrilled to see a .net alternative! Parsec has quickly become the in-game client of choice for most of my guild and so far the only thing I see lacking is the community that comes with torparse. Have you given any thought to building a site like torparse, except built on .net instead of php (and less buggy/terrible)?

Docmal
11.08.2013 , 09:31 PM | #152
Just wanted to bump this to highlight a much requested feature that made it in this week.

Raid Data is now archived and reloaded when you open old logs!

This was a big feature request and it finally made it in. Enjoy.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Tsura
11.13.2013 , 05:08 AM | #153
Hi, first of all - great job!

Two things tho:
1. Is it possible to show also "Miss" count (number and % of all hits) on damage done in parser?
2. On dmg board - can we sort people with DPS and not by dmg done?

thasensei
11.14.2013 , 07:13 PM | #154
Great job with this parser. We switched to Parsec a few weeks back and it's been great. The new archive feature is awesome.

Only bad thing that I've noticed is that the raid data stops updating if you die. By that I mean if I die, everybody's numbers stop updating on my parser. A few other people in my raid have mentioned it as well, so I don't think it's just me. Is this a known issue?

I guess the workaround is to just stop dying...

surharijan
11.14.2013 , 07:47 PM | #155
Not sure if this has been answered already but whenever I enable the overlay my fps tumbles down to the high 20's when it would normally sit 70+. It happens with torparse as well.

It runs fine if the overlay is kept behind the game - so I can alt+tab to it, my fps only tumbles when it's sitting atop the game.

Is this something people just live with? If not is there a setting I need to enable or something?

SWTOR is run in full screen windowed mode. Latest drivers etc. etc.

Flyluke
11.15.2013 , 07:19 AM | #156
Dear Docmal

On behalf on my guild and raidgroup I want to take the opportunity to thank you for this awesome program. It is a great asset to our raiding and in my oppinion it is the greatest parser in the game.

We use it in the both raid groups I'm active in, so basicly I use it on 5 days a week and no matter in which role I'm playing, Parsec has allways some interesting and/or vital data for me.

I would have one request for a feature:
It is about customizing the pop outs, specificly the threat board. Both as a DPS and Tank I use it to time the taunt or the aggro reduce to optimize my playstyle but in intense fights it is pretty hard to actually look on the threat board and determine the actual situation in a split second.
So I would suggest to add a feature to colour both Name and total threat number in the pop out in comparison to the other raid members.
In the "tank mode" it would be perfekt to have everyone as labeled green who has less then 90% of my own threat, yellow would be from 90-115% and red above 115%. maybe with an option of a fixed member (offtank) who is allways ... lets say in blue.
In the "dps mode" it would be basicly the other way round. Green is greater than 125% (or 115%) of my threat, yellow 90%-125% (115%) and Red is everyone below 90%.

That way both tanks and dps classes can identify any upcoming threat issues within the reaction time of the program and can optimize the usage of taunts and aggro reduce abilitys.

Again thank you for this awesome feature!

Regards, a fan from austria, Luke

ithompson
11.15.2013 , 08:29 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyluke View Post
Dear Docmal

On behalf on my guild and raidgroup I want to take the opportunity to thank you for this awesome program. It is a great asset to our raiding and in my oppinion it is the greatest parser in the game.

We use it in the both raid groups I'm active in, so basicly I use it on 5 days a week and no matter in which role I'm playing, Parsec has allways some interesting and/or vital data for me.

It is about customizing the pop outs, specificly the threat board. Both as a DPS and Tank I use it to time the taunt or the aggro reduce to optimize my playstyle but in intense fights it is pretty hard to actually look on the threat board and determine the actual situation in a split second.
So I would suggest to add a feature to colour both Name and total threat number in the pop out in comparison to the other raid members.
In the "tank mode" it would be perfekt to have everyone as labeled green who has less then 90% of my own threat, yellow would be from 90-115% and red above 115%. maybe with an option of a fixed member (offtank) who is allways ... lets say in blue.
In the "dps mode" it would be basicly the other way round. Green is greater than 125% (or 115%) of my threat, yellow 90%-125% (115%) and Red is everyone below 90%.

That way both tanks and dps classes can identify any upcoming threat issues within the reaction time of the program and can optimize the usage of taunts and aggro reduce abilitys.

I kind of like this idea as well. Could come in handy if its not to much work.
Hurrin-Guardian Hixia-Vanguard
Hanuss-Sentinel Heekoo-Scoundrel
Hen'a-Sage Hyris-Gunslinger
<Redemption>

QuinaQuen
11.17.2013 , 12:09 PM | #158
Hi, and thanks for making this tool!

My guild tried Parsec out for the first time last night on SnV. It worked well for us, except for two major problems. (Well, the same problem twice really):

- When I died and got rezzed, Parsec thinks it is a new fight. I have nine fights listed for Dread Master Styrak, even though we took him down on attempt number 6. The other 'fights' listed are often less than 30 seconds long.

- When someone else died and got rezzed, their info seems to recount from zero on my parser. Our main tank often had the lowest threat listed, even though he held aggro for nearly the entire fight, because he was brought down and rezzed.

Anyone else have these problems or know of a way to fix them?

EDIT - there may be something else at work here, because it also lists 3 fights for Olok the Shadow, and I don't believe anyone went down there. Does it think that it's a new fight just because we went down in the elevator? Still don't know where the third one would come from...

Docmal
11.18.2013 , 09:25 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by QuinaQuen View Post
Hi, and thanks for making this tool!

My guild tried Parsec out for the first time last night on SnV. It worked well for us, except for two major problems. (Well, the same problem twice really):

- When I died and got rezzed, Parsec thinks it is a new fight. I have nine fights listed for Dread Master Styrak, even though we took him down on attempt number 6. The other 'fights' listed are often less than 30 seconds long.

- When someone else died and got rezzed, their info seems to recount from zero on my parser. Our main tank often had the lowest threat listed, even though he held aggro for nearly the entire fight, because he was brought down and rezzed.

Anyone else have these problems or know of a way to fix them?

EDIT - there may be something else at work here, because it also lists 3 fights for Olok the Shadow, and I don't believe anyone went down there. Does it think that it's a new fight just because we went down in the elevator? Still don't know where the third one would come from...
Parsec only knows what the combat log tells it, and the combat log is far from perfect. When you die the combat log gives an end combat message, when you teleport down the elevator the game gives end combat then start combat messages. The way to combat this is to write some conditional logic in parsec to detect these scenarios and work around them. However, there are some significant problems introduced with this logic and each solution opens more edge cases. I am aware of this and am working on it but I wouldn't hold your breath for a perfect solution. There will always be compromises.
& 12 more...

Docmal
11.18.2013 , 09:37 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Flyluke View Post
Dear Docmal

I like this too. When I read this I had already been doing some color coding on the stat overview pop out for the next release but I will look into some conditional formatting. I think it might be simpler to give the highest threat a color then anyone within a certain tolerance another color and maybe give your character bolded text.

The only problem is that the log can be up to 7 seconds behind your in game action. This is because it can take 2 seconds for the game to write it to the log and during peak raid usage parsec updates the screen every 5 seconds. It wont be 7 seconds all the time but that is the worst case. Regardless I will work on some conditional formatting.
& 12 more...