Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lvl 53 and feel like a newbie- where's all my health?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Lvl 53 and feel like a newbie- where's all my health?

Brodirtreblot
11.13.2013 , 02:30 PM | #1
So I'm a lvl 53 jedi sentinel with only 14,000 in health.
(Not sure how I made it this far).
I'm doing Hutt Cartel and having a hard time surviving.

All my equipment is the highest I could find to buy.
(Except the stuff you need planetary money for, which I have very little of).
Maybe there's a place to buy that has better equipment?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Excise
11.13.2013 , 02:37 PM | #2
Makeb is generally a step up in difficulty than earlier, and there's a lot of mobs to slog through. As for better gear, the best you can get at 53 is from the Makeb Planetary Comms guy. IIRC he has Rakata-level mods for sale.

PhilD
11.13.2013 , 02:43 PM | #3
Have you only been doing your story missions, or have you been doing the side missions on every planet? The latter will give you both plenty of planetary comms for upgrading gear; and some class-appropriate blue loot drops that will improve your health as well. You can also do PvP in between planets or for a few hours a week and learn lots of warzone comms, with which you can purchase additional planetary comms.

Datacrons and stims will also improve your main stat.

What gear are you wearing? Is it moddable? If so, what level are the mods for?
The Finglonger Legacy

AshlaBoga
11.13.2013 , 03:25 PM | #4
Level 53 and only 14k hp?

I have no idea how you do that without being naked
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Loc_n_lol
11.13.2013 , 06:27 PM | #5
Actually at level 53 you can start gearing up in 66s (rating 148 for blues and 156 for purples), which are "better" than what the makeb comms vendor sells (though the comms vendor gives you much more control over what stats you're getting), these are trash drops from 55 flashpoints and Oricon and can be picked up on the GTN for more or less reasonable prices. If you gear up in all that you should be sitting around 25k HP or more.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Level 53 and only 14k hp?

I have no idea how you do that without being naked
I wonder too, must be geared in lvl49 greens

Fidelicatessen
11.13.2013 , 08:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Brodirtreblot View Post

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I'd say your best bet would be to go to lower level planets (think Alderaan and Tatooine) and solo some Heroics. Many, if not most, Heroics give 3 Planetary Commendations as rewards. The easiest and fastest way for you to gear right now would be to get a bunch of these, then go the the Makeb Commendations vendor on the fleet and get purple 58s to put in your gear. Get hilt/barrel and armoring first, then worry about your mods and enhancements.

If you don't have modifiable gear, well ... the Heroics often reward that, too, although it's a choice between the gear and the comms. I'm not sure how well you'll do with the group content that other folks are mentioning, as it will simply wipe the floor with you in the gear you're currently using.

If you have a bunch of credits, look for purple 66 gear on the GTN (level 53 artifact level)--that could work too.

AlrikFassbauer
11.14.2013 , 07:46 AM | #7
And please concentrate on buying stuff your main stat benefits from.
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

NOTACTICS
11.14.2013 , 04:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Brodirtreblot View Post

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Your health does seem rather low at lvl 53, if you gear is up to date endurance and therefore health points looks after itself as it a secodary stat to all gear. Are you wearing implants and earpeices aswel. if not get some?. Seems like you wearing late level 47/48'S greens from the Voss comm vendor still?.

You can go back to Belsavis section X and do some daily lvl 50 missions for classic comms or some lvl 50 story mode flashpoints aswell for some decent gear. I dont think there is much point in gathering plantary comms in lower level heroics now that your lvl53 as by the time you get them to upgrade with the Makeb vendor they will be out of date. If you were stil lvl 50/51 then yes that might be worth doing, smashing out some quick lower heroics for planet comms for ease, but not now I feel Classic comms are the way to go for you at present to get you back up to track. Standard gear does not cut it once you get to Makeb at Plus lvl50 you need moddable gear. If you also have a wedge of PVP warzone comms you can buy good PVP gear on fleet that will get you by for now while on Makeb to fill in the gaps between classic comm gear; Once you hit 55 time for basic comms gear then you will get basic comms as you level through Makeb to set you on your way in end game. )

JacksonMo
11.15.2013 , 05:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Excise View Post
Makeb is generally a step up in difficulty than earlier, and there's a lot of mobs to slog through. As for better gear, the best you can get at 53 is from the Makeb Planetary Comms guy. IIRC he has Rakata-level mods for sale.
WRONG!! Level 53 can wear Basic gear. (28/66)

Seireeni
11.15.2013 , 05:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
I wonder too, must be geared in lvl49 greens
Level 50 blues is enough - I think back before 2.0, my sniper had 14k hp in full recruit gear.

Anyway, OP, have you tried doing black hole and/or section x dailies? They give you classic comms, and you can buy campaign-grade stuff with classic comms.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy