Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lack of story/dialogue in flashpoints...

pawnstar
12.23.2011 , 01:59 PM | #21
a long long time ago in a beta far far away, these FP had 0! none , zip dialogue/text/ls/ds and there was outcry. hence they did the lame text patch cuz they seem to have rushed everything towards the end. So in that case they did add at lest something but there reasoning for no dialogue was that "other" players just wanted to get in do missions and get out and not repeat dialogues over and over again because it got old fast. In this i agree and in hopes i too wish they add 1 or 2 cut scene/ dialogue wheels per FP , to at lest talk to the last main boss or something.
Squadron 238

Mavery
12.23.2011 , 02:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EzFlyer View Post
i just disagree.

bioware's tool for storytelling, which is a fantstic one, is the player being involved in the dialogue. that's HOW they tell stories in Mass Effect, Dragon Age, etc. also in every quest in SWTOR.

this is the tool they use. the flashpoints referenced in this thread have been done lazily and/or rushed.
Your opinion is fine. But you cannot stand up and say "these flashpoints lack story." It's just not true. It's as if you think you're running through a cave with mobs that all look the same.

The claim is just ridiculous.

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 05:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseValianes View Post
And then you start farming Flashpoints on expert mode for better gear and you realize that you've heard the same story 10 times already...
could have option to skip, then...

EzFlyer
12.23.2011 , 05:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Your opinion is fine. But you cannot stand up and say "these flashpoints lack story." It's just not true. It's as if you think you're running through a cave with mobs that all look the same.

The claim is just ridiculous.
agree to disagree!

Randomness
12.23.2011 , 06:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EzFlyer View Post
could have option to skip, then...
Mash. Spacebar.

That said, my real gripe with the lack of dialogue is the hindered increase to Social points.

On Tatooine, the social vendor calls for Social III. Having grouped only for group content, I don't even have Social II yet. I understand that dialogue is not the only way to have story, but adding some pre-boss dialogue choices would help some with the social points. Even if the choices don't do anything... I mean, even the wimpy guard at the start of BT has two dialogue choices.

I wouldn't care at all about the lack of dialogue in these if it didn't make me feel like I had to either group for random quest accepting/turn in or grind BT to get the various social vendor outfits.

I suggest adding a social point bonus to the flashpoint clear rewards, based on party size (And larger for later flashpoints). Possibly contingent on how much dialogue is there otherwise. I don't see why Hammer Station is maybe 20 social points at best (If you group for the Malgus conversations before/after), while Black Talon gives well over a hundred.

aramada
12.23.2011 , 11:52 PM | #26
From what it seems the shared flashpoints between Empire/Republic are more conventional dungeons like in WoW. Doing this makes it easier to have both sides go through the same content, which is fine in my book.

This makes the flashpoints that ARE faction specific all that much more awesome as they can devote larger amounts of time to them.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but it seems like all the flashpoints on the main Stations (except BT and Esseles) are shared and lack player interaction. But, all the flashpoints on each of the ships in the respective fleets are very story driven.

Tersidre
12.24.2011 , 12:58 AM | #27
foundry is pretty damn awesome and it doesnt have alot of "convo wheel action" but seeing familiar faces and the fight mechanics themselves were a blast.
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻