Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lots of FPS lag. Beta client ran fine

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
lots of FPS lag. Beta client ran fine

lanerios
12.13.2011 , 02:14 PM | #1
So, Beta, everything on medium. 30 fps.
Pre release, everything on minimum 7 fps.

PC didn't change at all. So what happened? And what can I change?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/13/2011, 21:13:41
Machine name: TEASPOONS
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: G5130nl
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/02/10 15:17:58 Ver: 6.10
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 1468MB used, 6720MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Is my PC

Also, I still have the 2 processes thing going on. 1 taking 1.5 GB of memory, the other 280 MB.
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulgazer View Post
"Yo momma so fat, Yoda tried to lift her with the force and then took back "size matters not"

lanerios
12.13.2011 , 02:19 PM | #2
Update:

I have the Gforce 315. >_<
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulgazer View Post
"Yo momma so fat, Yoda tried to lift her with the force and then took back "size matters not"

Zaigon
12.13.2011 , 02:21 PM | #3
Agreed. I have the same issue. Ran smoothly in the beta, and now I have really poor frame rate. I can't say I'm pleased... Thought that since the beta ran smoothly the game itself should too. If they don't come up with a fix I may have to buy a better computer.

treebrain
12.13.2011 , 02:22 PM | #4
I've also go the two .exe's running. Any word on whether we should have them both going?

Kaliante
12.13.2011 , 02:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by treebrain View Post
I've also go the two .exe's running. Any word on whether we should have them both going?
Why would you think that if the graphics engine in beta was not the full engine?

MishawakaShadow
12.13.2011 , 02:54 PM | #6
Same problem here... I get to a point where it stops responding all together and the lag time climbs every second.. eventually I kick free and can play for 4 minutes or so until it lags again... while "frozen" I can run in a circle of about 20 feet.. and still cast all abilities they just have no effect...

Beta was smooth as silk.. no changes from then til now... I submitted a ticket at 9am but nothing back yet.

OrmorinMeado
12.13.2011 , 03:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by treebrain View Post
Stopping one of them down stops the other as well. Also got confirmation that having two .exe's running at the same time, is normal. The problem doesn't seem to be there.

Two possibilities come to mind:
1) It is a corrupted file that is causing havok, but it's not corrupted enough to completely shut down the game. A complete reinstall might fix it.
2) Some minor change BW made to the game between the beta and now has randomly occuring compatability issues. A patch on their end would fix that, but since this FPS problem doesn't seem to be on any "known issues" lists, don't get your hopes up.

Also, I am unable to change the game's resolution. Is that a problem for any of you guys, or is it unrelated?