Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same-gender romance possible?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Same-gender romance possible?

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
11.13.2013 , 10:04 AM | #11
I wouldn't call it same-gender romance, but did my first few bounty hunter event missions last night and both my jedi and inquisitor had same-gender flirt options in the dialog. My sith didn't get very far however.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
11.13.2013 , 10:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Page from Blizzard: Yes. Soon™

Would you rather they get it right or do it half-assed? Deadlines are not conducive to getting it right. The launch of SWTOR is proof of that; EA set a deadline, forced it on BioWare, and the game launched before it was finished/ready. And BioWare has been playing catch up ever since.
True, but neither taking a really really long time mean is good either. More than a year for Makeb SGRs, and those were the very definition of half-assed.....

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
11.15.2013 , 09:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KudoForge View Post
I hope never, because kids play this game and i dont think carpet munchers or fudge packers make a good act to follow for the little ones, I have nothing against gays but please keep that **** to your self.
As a straight male, I have absolutely no problems with female-female interaction. I get exactly where they are coming from, and all of my characters have been flirting with the ladies during bounty hunter week.

As for guy on guy, I don't understand how one guy could love another, but I am completely for same-sex marriage. Why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us :-) Besides, the "romance" in the game is easily PG-13 if not PG. There is more sexual endow in a Disney flick.

Finally, if you really didn't have anything against homosexuality, you wouldn't use such "derogatory" terms as you did. Just as you might not like the thought of same-sex romances in the game, others might not like the thought of their kids having romance options in a video game at all...should they remove that from the game? Kids are also exposed to drinking, "casinos", and Twilek strippers. Maybe we should remove that from the game as well?

Skodan's Avatar


Skodan
11.15.2013 , 01:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurzaa View Post
As a straight male, I have absolutely no problems with female-female interaction. I get exactly where they are coming from, and all of my characters have been flirting with the ladies during bounty hunter week.

As for guy on guy, I don't understand how one guy could love another, but I am completely for same-sex marriage. Why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us :-) Besides, the "romance" in the game is easily PG-13 if not PG. There is more sexual endow in a Disney flick.

Finally, if you really didn't have anything against homosexuality, you wouldn't use such "derogatory" terms as you did. Just as you might not like the thought of same-sex romances in the game, others might not like the thought of their kids having romance options in a video game at all...should they remove that from the game? Kids are also exposed to drinking, "casinos", and Twilek strippers. Maybe we should remove that from the game as well?
you say you're fine with girl on girl action, but not guy on guy action. Why is that? is it because you think two girls making out is hot and attractive?

As for how you dont undertand how two men can love each other, if a guy and girl can, and in your opinion a girl and girl can, why cant 2 guys?
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
11.15.2013 , 01:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
you say you're fine with girl on girl action, but not guy on guy action. Why is that? is it because you think two girls making out is hot and attractive?

As for how you dont undertand how two men can love each other, if a guy and girl can, and in your opinion a girl and girl can, why cant 2 guys?
Because men cannot have feelings, clearly.

Heavensrun's Avatar


Heavensrun
11.15.2013 , 01:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
you say you're fine with girl on girl action, but not guy on guy action. Why is that? is it because you think two girls making out is hot and attractive?

As for how you dont undertand how two men can love each other, if a guy and girl can, and in your opinion a girl and girl can, why cant 2 guys?
To be fair, he seems to be expressing personal preferences, followed up by an affirmation that gay people have the same rights as anybody and then admonishing somebody for using insulting terms to refer to gay men and lesbians. I don't see much of a problem with that.

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
11.15.2013 , 02:34 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavensrun View Post
To be fair, he seems to be expressing personal preferences, followed up by an affirmation that gay people have the same rights as anybody and then admonishing somebody for using insulting terms to refer to gay men and lesbians. I don't see much of a problem with that.
I think this. If you are going to add female-female romance, you have to add male-male romance. Which lets face it, in this game consists of same-sex hand holding.

As for real-life, I was a big fan of Will and Grace, but I have no intention of seeing Broke Back Mountain.

However, much as I enjoy the twilik dancers and holograms, why don't the ladies / gay men have any...I don't know, Sith...holograms and dancers to watch?

Kurzaa's Avatar


Kurzaa
11.15.2013 , 02:36 PM | #18
Oh! Oh! What about Jawa dancers? I am avoiding Ewok dancers as that might constitute a *******ity.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
11.15.2013 , 02:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurzaa View Post
Oh! Oh! What about Jawa dancers? I am avoiding Ewok dancers as that might constitute a *******ity.
Jawas never take off their cloaks, at least not where anyone can see them.

Sexy Mirialan men~

Skodan's Avatar


Skodan
11.15.2013 , 03:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Jawas never take off their cloaks, at least not where anyone can see them.

Sexy Mirialan men~
they do when you get them the right droid parts to get happy about
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds