Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Streamline Explosive Conflict

Redfiree
11.12.2013 , 09:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Stop asking them to change old content.

There are literally dozens of threads in this subforum filled with dumb posts like this. These posts are dumb because they're asking for devs to waste their time with old content rather than creating new content.

If you're going to sit here and tell me you'd rather have old content than new content, I don't even know what to say to you. Go play a wow private server or something, Tempest Keep is calling (and is way harder than any iteration of EC even when it was current).
I agree that new content is better, however, it is much quicker for them to simply scale EC up to 55 then to make an entire new operation. For a lot of people, it will be new content anyways since no one runs it anymore. I would also be ok with scaling it up to 55 and making it a solo operation with three companions, but that would take a lot more work probably.

FridgeLM
11.12.2013 , 11:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Redfiree View Post
I agree that new content is better, however, it is much quicker for them to simply scale EC up to 55 then to make an entire new operation. For a lot of people, it will be new content anyways since no one runs it anymore. I would also be ok with scaling it up to 55 and making it a solo operation with three companions, but that would take a lot more work probably.
I don't care how simple it might be, and I have extreme doubt that it's as simple as you think. It is a complete waste of time and energy for them to spend an iota of effort on this.
<Death and Taxes>

Gardimuer
11.13.2013 , 03:51 PM | #13
Personally, I'd like it if Denova was scaled up to lvl 55 to make it a more commonly run operation.

Regarding the false dichotomy of old content vs. new content: both are required to make a solid game that will last and keep holding the attention of the player base. My raid team of lvl 55's has enjoyed running Denova Nightmare Mode in the past just because the tight mechanics are a nice challenge. It's fun to see how well we can work together as a team when we're up against something that cannot simply be outgeared.

But then recently when we got to the final boss and found it to be badly bugged (3 Trandoshan waves spawning within 10 seconds of eachother) no one was in the mood to try it again since the gear drops were pointless for our level. There just wasn't enough reward for all our time spent when ultimately our efforts were pointless due to a bug.

My point here is that I would appreciate it if the Developers didn't let the older operations rot and fall into obscurity. Scaling Denova up to 55 so it was actually worth running would fix that problem.

Spamfritter
11.13.2013 , 04:39 PM | #14
Denova is a great example of how operations should be. Mechanics requiring coordination and some level of competence to clear it. Everyone basically has to do their job and do it well. It was even more challenging than it is today due to DPS / healing checks which you can simply out gear In a few days time.

I'm not sorry PUG groups can't do it. They lack the coordination and teamwork necessary to get through it. Also, your average idiot who can't follow instructions is hopeless in the operation. While those who are guildless potentially miss out on it, nerfing it into being brute forced through gear as you say would change it in a negative way and it wouldn't be the awesome operation that it is.

I do agree that the loot tables need to be updated to make it relevant again. At this point the only reasons to do it is for leveling characters between 50 and 55 or for the mounts it drops. It also is needed to get your Aratech Nightscythe. Once you have the mounts and hit the level cap it loses it's appeal.

But one could easily argue that having it and running it for the above purposes is enough and that BioWare should concentrate on entirely new operations.
CE VIP

FridgeLM
11.13.2013 , 05:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Gardimuer View Post
Regarding the false dichotomy of old content vs. new content: both are required to make a solid game that will last and keep holding the attention of the player base. My raid team of lvl 55's has enjoyed running Denova Nightmare Mode in the past just because the tight mechanics are a nice challenge. It's fun to see how well we can work together as a team when we're up against something that cannot simply be outgeared
Level 55 nightmare ops are not able to be outgeared currently. Do those if you want a challenge, they're relevant.

This is not a false dilemma. Man hours are limited, new content keeps people playing more than old.
<Death and Taxes>

Djstingable
11.13.2013 , 06:20 PM | #16
Denova is by far my favorite op, and this would be an awesome thing to do. I think it would actually be cool to make it into a flashpoint along with others possibly for the next level cap raise, but I doubt that would happen.
The Frost Legacy
Saf'ire - Scoundrel ** Kal'dur - Commando ** Azaifelay - Guardian
Plat'inum - Sniper ** Sea'crest - Assassin ** Cor'vo - Powertech

Pietrastor
11.13.2013 , 07:55 PM | #17
Removing at least half of trash mobs should be the first step. It's not like other Ops don't have trash, but Denova is a never ending stream of it. In large, long doses, between every boss.

Spamfritter
11.13.2013 , 08:03 PM | #18
All wrong. Nothing but potentially the loot tables needs to change in EC. Those don't really need to change if BioWare wants to keep it positioned as content for 50-55's who are just leveling through that range and need XP and gear for things like your Oricon dailies and to get into 55 HM's.

The only places BioWare needs to prune the trash mobs are Corellia and Makeb.
CE VIP

TralyanSavo
11.14.2013 , 12:25 AM | #19
The developers should leave the old content alone. I don't want to see EC bumped to 55 because they will do that and then hold off on releasing a new operation. This operation has now been out for a long time an some of us have done it to death. The only thing I would like changed is for them to remove all of the trash, because the best thing about the new operations is the fact that there's almost no trash.

I think this occupies the "Hey, we're all bored and all our lockouts are used. Lets do an EC Nightmare run" niche and I think it should stay that way.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

Justcae
11.14.2013 , 03:56 AM | #20
Loved EC, don't touch it. As far as raising it to 55, not worth the time invested to make it so unfortunately.

Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Go play a wow private server or something, Tempest Keep is calling (and is way harder than any iteration of EC even when it was current).
Is the most laugh out loud funny thing so far in this thread. Lets leave WoW and its raiding elsewhere. In a land far far away.