Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis
11.02.2013 , 04:04 PM | #1011
Sorcs do not need damage mitigation IMO...the entire premise is ridiculous from my perspective. Instead, sorcs need the health leech they should have had from the very beginning.

You create a class that is a ranged AoE DoT and single target pool damage and status generator.
You then set forward a basis for either DPS or healing specs
You then set up the health pool as a resource.

The next step is missing....setting up a health leech to restore health while producing damage. Instead, you install an instant heal, healing during bubble...all strange substitutes for the obvious...a health leech.

AlrikFassbauer
11.07.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1012
Health Leech is there - kind of.
It is called - for a Sage (don't play Sorcs) - "Noble Sacrifice", if i remember correctly.
Problem is : It only "leeches" the OWN health ...
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Master-Nala
11.10.2013 , 10:55 AM | #1013
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Sorcs do not need damage mitigation IMO...the entire premise is ridiculous from my perspective. Instead, sorcs need the health leech they should have had from the very beginning.

You create a class that is a ranged AoE DoT and single target pool damage and status generator.
You then set forward a basis for either DPS or healing specs
You then set up the health pool as a resource.

The next step is missing....setting up a health leech to restore health while producing damage. Instead, you install an instant heal, healing during bubble...all strange substitutes for the obvious...a health leech.
That is what Madness does. The DoTs heal on crits and Death Field heals period. The 2 pieces set bonus gives Crushing Darkness an additional small heal. It helped a good bit before they decided to destroy crit rating. Prior to 2.0 I had 40% crit and it was very noticeable.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Devinia-Hex
11.12.2013 , 06:32 PM | #1014
To Dev's L2 Balance truely.

We have no intention, nothing is planned, nothing is in the works, we may.

Are you serious? Read the 100+ thread and change the answers to

We have every intention, We have a plan, Something is in the works, we will.

What is that guy a Developer of I'd like to know, really. If you personally didn't like the class then why did you make it? Why develop it? Oh that's right the people who made the class great up to 1.1 are no longer with the company.

It's been fail ever since. 1.2.
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion

ClockworkSoldier
12.04.2013 , 02:34 PM | #1015
Did any one else read the dev response and think their calling us noobs? I'd like to see any of them play sorc against POT5's top other classes and see what happens! They have completely missed the point and avoided the main point of this tread. It is clear now that the devs aren't interested in the class which I find really sad, but hey it's only a game and it's their game at the end of the day so they can do what they want.

What they haven't taken into account are all the changes to other classes which have caused this situation in the first place.

Just one last thing a rule of business... look after your existing customers, (shame most of them spec smash).

Vales
12.24.2013 , 04:23 AM | #1016
Just leveled the class to 50 and seeing this thread makes me sad I did'nt level my Sniper to 50 first...
This game needs more Kel Dor!

MidichIorian
12.26.2013 , 01:50 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by Vales View Post
Just leveled the class to 50 and seeing this thread makes me sad I did'nt level my Sniper to 50 first...
Sniper is only better in PvE.

ClockworkSoldier
01.02.2014 , 02:36 PM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
^ This is a joke I'm sure. Having both classes in min/maxed gear the sniper wrecks the sorc in both damage and survivability. Simple put a sorc can not heal when focused the sniper can use one of its many CD's, easy...

If you would like a full list I'm more than willing to write it up for you.

As Bioware state that the sniper should do more damage than a sorc as it's a single role class why does it also share so many of it's defensive skills with Opp which by the way bioware, CAN ALSO HEAL....

The dev's wrote in this post that as sorc's can heal this is taken into account when adding survivability skills. Well LOL what about the opp? This is a major fail... This class can move faster, out heal and put out the same kind of damage as the sorc.

Back to positive land I hope that the dev's invite players to play against them using the more popular classes so they can really see what the situation is.

Lotharofxev
01.09.2014 , 02:24 PM | #1019
Some simple fixes to en(in)sure Sorc survivability:

1) Remove CD on Resurgence. Absolutely ludicrous that a OP can run around HoTing the heck out of his entire team (WHICH OBTW procs nice things too), while a Sorc can only put on 2 HoTs in the same time period.

2) Enable Force Barrier with a HoT component. Can't count the number of times I've thrown it up in an emergency situation and the opposition just stands there like predators waiting for it to drop.

3) Move Electric Bindings and / or Backlash down to second tier in Lightning Tree. Shouldn't have to play a hybrid to have survivability.

4) All the Sorc to be untargetable the first second or two of Force Sprint or add a non-stun component for 4 secs afterward.

CriticalFlame
01.09.2014 , 02:42 PM | #1020
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Well atleast you're funny