Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any way to get Story Mode Dread Council tamed just a little?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Any way to get Story Mode Dread Council tamed just a little?

Lumpyone
11.11.2013 , 04:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowenator View Post
I think a lot of people prefer running 16 man because, frankly, it is easy to get carried and you only need a couple of decent players at each role. It is very fault tolerant.
This has been my experience lately, yet even with some 16M groups I've had folks drop if the whole group can't clear one of the bosses on the first try. There also appears to be a sense that with a 16M group the bosses should all be 1-shot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bowenator View Post
For SM Dread Council 8man, you need at least one tank who understands the knockback, one dps to kite Raptus, and one healer who knows to cleanse the death mark. I don't think that is lot to ask for in a group of 8 in new SM content. The difficulty will be reduced eventually, make no mistake. But for now it is still very doable, but still provides some sense of progression for those who do have their sights on HM.
That's good to know, if we can make it past the rest of the fights in 8M, then that fight should seem a lot easier =)

TralyanSavo
11.11.2013 , 05:49 PM | #22
This fight drops 72 gear. It is easier than every HM fight in S&V and TFB hard modes. This fight is ridiculously easy and is a gift of underworld gear. If you are struggling in lower than 69s, then you are under geared and need to gear up. This should not be nerfed.

The mechanics are easy. You just need experience.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

TACeMossie
11.11.2013 , 06:05 PM | #23
The only issue I have with it is there is no warning for when Bestia is gonna throw me off the edge (vanguard tank), so I can't activate Hold the Line and avoid the knockback.

Now if, say in SM, the knockback had a 1 second cast or some kind of audio queue to warn when it is about to happen, I'd say it would be perfect.

And before you say "Position yourself so you get pushed onto a platform/into a wall!"
Tyrans likes to pull you around sometimes. Which means if you get pushed afterwards, its off the edge.
And sometimes, you can't get her in a position to stop the knockback from sending you off the edge.

RikuvonDrake
11.11.2013 , 06:13 PM | #24
I myself cannot really call myself a "causal" player since I am in a good guild, but I have IRL friends that like joined some ****** guild that recruited on fleet and has like 400+ players and no regular ops groups. Funny thing thought, even they have been able to get SM mode completed on both 8man and 16man (I guess with one-two PUG:s) and has gotten three bosses down on HM. The thing that is interesting about this is that they are raiding with different people, setup and at most half of the ppl on skype.

If your guild is having trouble with the SM, go back to like TFB or S&V SM and learn how to handle mechanics as well as get some addition gear, if SM is a cakewalk, go do HM and get full 72 gear so you overgear the encounters. In general, I feel like this is a more L2P Issue then a Issue of the fights being to hard.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

RikuvonDrake
11.11.2013 , 06:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
The only issue I have with it is there is no warning for when Bestia is gonna throw me off the edge (vanguard tank), so I can't activate Hold the Line and avoid the knockback.

Now if, say in SM, the knockback had a 1 second cast or some kind of audio queue to warn when it is about to happen, I'd say it would be perfect.

And before you say "Position yourself so you get pushed onto a platform/into a wall!"
Tyrans likes to pull you around sometimes. Which means if you get pushed afterwards, its off the edge.
And sometimes, you can't get her in a position to stop the knockback from sending you off the edge.
We cleared the fights since the week it came out and have never had this issue, make sure to place yourself with your back against the thingys close to the thrones at the sides of the platform and IF you get pulled by Tyrans, pop Hold the Line. If you have your back against the wall, there is no reason to pop Hold the Line meaning you can save it for that oh-my-god-this-is-bad situation.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

TACeMossie
11.11.2013 , 06:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
We cleared the fights since the week it came out and have never had this issue, make sure to place yourself with your back against the thingys close to the thrones at the sides of the platform and IF you get pulled by Tyrans, pop Hold the Line. If you have your back against the wall, there is no reason to pop Hold the Line meaning you can save it for that oh-my-god-this-is-bad situation.
Haha never thought of doing it that way.
Thanks for the tip

ArchangelLBC
11.12.2013 , 02:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TralyanSavo View Post
This fight drops 72 gear. It is easier than every HM fight in S&V and TFB hard modes. This fight is ridiculously easy and is a gift of underworld gear. If you are struggling in lower than 69s, then you are under geared and need to gear up. This should not be nerfed.

The mechanics are easy. You just need experience.
I personally disagree that SM Dread Masters is easier than every HM fight in SnV. Titan 6, Thrasher, Ops Chief, Oolok, and Warlords are all arguably no more difficult than the Dread Masters. That's most of the op. In TFB, Writhing Horror, Dread Guards and Kephess the Undying are all arguably less difficult than Dread Masters.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ELRunninW
11.12.2013 , 11:01 AM | #28
The fight is easy, but pug needs to be organized and people need to know what to do. You do not need this fight for a weekly so it is not an issue to skip it. Those who do not wish to skip it should expect to wipe few times on first try, and why shouldn't they? You need to learn how to do it and not just expect the dread masters to die on sight. Tank and spank much?

AshlaBoga
11.12.2013 , 02:10 PM | #29
You get the title "Epic Hero" from this fight.
Perhaps it's meant to be a little tougher?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ATAMIANM
11.12.2013 , 02:45 PM | #30
The biggest objection I have to this fight is that most people quit before it. It makes it hard to practice at it when people drop out once they hit their weekly comms. I have two toons that need this fight done, yet I've only faced it once because everyone drops before it.

I know people will say, get in a good guild, but I have found even with a lot of guild runs just enough people drop that the rest have to call it. The problem then is that later you have to assemble a group of people locked at the final boss and that rarely happens.

I always wondered if there could be some sort of extra bonus for people who complete the operation and don't just complete the requirements for the weekly. Perhaps more ultimate or elite comms, maybe even an increase in weekly allowance of comms for certain number of completed ops.