Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.X "The Crafting Patch" - What Do You Want To See?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
2.X "The Crafting Patch" - What Do You Want To See?

psandak
10.31.2013 , 11:13 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
How long cool down you think will be good on top of those less than 20% chance to get rare materials?
I am assuming sarcasm here so I re-post (my own sarcasm) from a few posts ago:

Quote:
Hell, let's take this to its logical conclusion: there is only one mission per material type per material grade. The only variables are the difficulty and the result. The difficulty is determined by the character's crew skill level and influences the results. The results are further influenced by companion affection and skill bonus.
If sarcasm was not your intent, if you read the linked thread you will see that I proposed cooldowns of 3 and 5 hours for bountiful and rich missions respectively (but that was assuming a 1 hour mission duration, when in fact they are more like 40 minutes), with a cumulative 10% increase with each running, and double base cooldown time reset. So recalculating for reduced mission duration at the same ratio: a Rich mission would have a 3 hour cooldown (starting from when the mission starts). So running rich missions:
Starting from scratch running missions as soon as possible...
1st
3 hours later: 2nd
3.3 hours later: 3rd
3.63 hours later: 4th
3.993 hours later 5th
4.39 hours later 6th
4.83 hours later 7th
5.31 hours later 8th
5.84 hours later 9th
6.43 hours later 10th

This means one player can run Unsliceable on one character 7 times in a 24 hour period. And it would take nine passes before it made sense to wait for the double base time reset.
BUT if one sleeps at all or go to work/school, the double base reset timer of 6 hours always kicks in and that player would never have to worry about the cooldown.

EHKodiak
11.01.2013 , 04:57 AM | #72
Quality of life improvements:

Being able to hide forever non useful schematics in the list easily.
More 'fluff' items such as Speeders / Ship decorations
Ability to have more than 5 on a task at any one time. Probably Cartel Market.
A few more cyber tech gadgets, maybe GSI scanning consumables etc.

KyaniteD
11.01.2013 , 11:44 AM | #73
Just minor things:
  • Artifice crit bonus (i.e. ship droid sensor)
  • Full list of missions to choose from (i.e. no random rotation)
  • Fix for miscolored / mismatched armormech schematics.
  • Fix the loss of materials when RE'ing into a full inventory.
Looking for a referral link? Support Dulfy's and Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w
Quote: Originally Posted by Feargal View Post
A totally logical and reasonable answer. Clearly you have no concept of what forums are for.

morfius
11.04.2013 , 09:49 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I am assuming sarcasm here so I re-post (my own sarcasm) from a few posts ago:

If sarcasm was not your intent, if you read the linked thread you will see that I proposed cooldowns of 3 and 5 hours for bountiful and rich missions respectively (but that was assuming a 1 hour mission duration, when in fact they are more like 40 minutes), with a cumulative 10% increase with each running, and double base cooldown time reset. So recalculating for reduced mission duration at the same ratio: a Rich mission would have a 3 hour cooldown (starting from when the mission starts). So running rich missions:
Starting from scratch running missions as soon as possible...
1st
3 hours later: 2nd
3.3 hours later: 3rd
3.63 hours later: 4th
3.993 hours later 5th
4.39 hours later 6th
4.83 hours later 7th
5.31 hours later 8th
5.84 hours later 9th
6.43 hours later 10th

This means one player can run Unsliceable on one character 7 times in a 24 hour period. And it would take nine passes before it made sense to wait for the double base time reset.
BUT if one sleeps at all or go to work/school, the double base reset timer of 6 hours always kicks in and that player would never have to worry about the cooldown.
Sorry wasn't red it, this system looks overly better than existing one (with or without bug).
No sarcasm just got the feeling that your idea is to limit supply up to the level of end game crafting... it would kill it instantly because of the price.
It could still be twisted with 15 alts but I just don't see any way to remove this option than return to character based gathering only.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

AshlaBoga
11.04.2013 , 09:35 PM | #75
Being able to craft REUSABLE DYE MODULES.
Being able to RE Cartel Market Speeders and learn their schematics so we could craft them.

Heck, we could make the Tauntauns, Varactyls, and Zeldrates a biochem item.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Pietrastor
11.06.2013 , 07:10 PM | #76
Well, shameless plug but I would love something like my suggestion on 'Conversion Kits to turn non-moddable armors/weapons into empty moddable shells' to happen in such hypothetical crafting patch...

fujeo-finel
11.06.2013 , 08:46 PM | #77
Crafting sets that you can use to assign groups of items you regularly craft together, with a list of the total amount of materials needed to make said crafting set.

Dragoon-
11.10.2013 , 02:33 PM | #78
As mentioned in the last two years several times by many players. The ability to hide or delete schematics. The spam of green schematics overtime because serious.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."