Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,306 69.25%
Operations 925 27.78%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,285 38.59%
Companions 877 26.34%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 616 18.50%
Planets 1,385 41.59%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.48%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 808 24.26%
Legacy 829 24.89%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,307 39.25%
Playable Races 975 29.28%
New Class 1,375 41.29%
Other 224 6.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3330. You may not vote on this poll

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.08.2013 , 01:18 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Yup, totally a good idea to ignore what your current playerbase wants. Instead you should chase the people who left because they don't like your game. Change it to fit them, that makes sense.

You keep throwing this opinion around as though saying it enough times will cause it to suddenly make sense. It doesn't. It's more important, and easier, to keep your current customers than to chase down new/old ones. Don't SWG players always bemoan what SOE did to try and entice non-players to join? Something about NGE trying to attract a new market and alienating their current fans?
Fine. Fine then. So let's hope the devs totally take this poll seriously.
It is oh so obvious that, in fact, NOT ENOUGH CLASS STORY led to the epic merge from 220 to 17 servers and F2P.
Yes, more class story. I suggest hereby BW takes another 3 years to create 8 x class stories, further 10 Gigs of voiceovers, worth 2 months of gameplay. Epic win. You convinced me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
You are just disappointed in the results of the poll. Had this polled added weight to your assertion that this game should be more like SWG you would find it very relevant.
The poll simply does not reflect the results of external polls on public MMO sites. Nothing to be disappointed about.

Tatile
11.08.2013 , 01:36 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
It is oh so obvious that, in fact, NOT ENOUGH CLASS STORY led to the epic merge from 220 to 17 servers and F2P.
Yes, more class story. I suggest hereby BW takes another 3 years to create 8 x class stories, further 10 Gigs of voiceovers, worth 2 months of gameplay. Epic win. You convinced me.
Yay ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

Callaron
11.08.2013 , 01:38 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
From the way people are talking about it now, I was under the impression it was faultless ambrosia, given blessedly onto them by divine intervention, and cruelly snatched from their hands, leaving them wanting and cold.
George Lucas must be Zeus... well, he does have the beard for it.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

LordArtemis
11.08.2013 , 01:40 PM | #524
The drama is always heavy when folks see information that does not match up to their desires.

This is not new information. Casual players have wanted appearance options, more adaptive gear designs, alternative single player gameplay elements, QoL changes, planets, more companions, housing, free flight space combat, minigames, combined comms and animal mounts for quite some time now. To pretend otherwise is baffling....anyone who has spent any time here and around the net knows this.

Sure, the traditional hardcore players that left the game when it finally came to it's senses and discarded the draconian shackles of the original design intent don't likely want any of these changes....and if the game is to survive and thrive those would be the LAST players this game would want to court again. They were a toxic influence that almost doomed this game to failure IMO.

We have some of the items casuals have wanted since beta....others are coming soon, others still are perhaps in the works, and some on the wall of crazy.

But considering the top of the list....space combat, appearance, QoL have been or are being brought into the game, class story extensions would be the next in line. Along with added planets and minigames.

It's just next up on the list.

Beeteel
11.08.2013 , 01:57 PM | #525

The poll simply does not reflect the results of external polls on public MMO sites. Nothing to be disappointed about.
I think u want to misunderstand what ppl are trying to say to u. They are saying that your previous statement, about the unimportance of subs, makes no sense. Not that this poll should be BW law. And I agree, why do u think the majority of the playerbase quit 6-8 months into the game?

I think a poll like this actually can shed some light on things but not if u can choose half the options available as what u want in the game. Like someone else already said, many ppl would like new class story to be in top 5 but not many would like it as their nr:1.

Now what I want the most aint even on that poll. Not directly. An expansion where all the funds for the next expansion went into bugfixes, fixing already broken content and improving quality in general would be just epic. If that were to happen I wouldnt need any new content. I think many ppl that quit the game actually quit because of bad quality, not a lack of content alone. I was away from the game for 2 years and I just came back without knowing what had happened in the last 2 years. I love SW universe that much. What I found is that not very much really happened whiole I was away. Just more half done content. Just more of the same reason I left in the first place

aeterno
11.08.2013 , 03:05 PM | #526
I want a flipping expansion. A proper one. Sack up or pack up EA.

For the 2nd year I'm watching Blizzcon feeling like a jewish kid on christmas.

Why are you doing this to me Bioware?

StarMagus
11.08.2013 , 03:14 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I want a flipping expansion. A proper one. Sack up or pack up EA.

For the 2nd year I'm watching Blizzcon feeling like a jewish kid on christmas.

Why are you doing this to me Bioware?
If you feel that way, why don't you play WoW?

I'm sort of puzzled by all the calls for make SWTOR more like WoW!!!!!

SWTOR will never be a better WoW than WoW, it's insane to try to do that.

aeterno
11.08.2013 , 03:17 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
If you feel that way, why don't you play WoW?

I'm sort of puzzled by all the calls for make SWTOR more like WoW!!!!!

SWTOR will never be a better WoW than WoW, it's insane to try to do that.
Oh sorry, didn't realize aspiring to a top notch service, scratch that, decent service was a sin now.

I'm sorry I want expansion packs for this MMO.

Can I please stay? Pretty please? Do I have you permission? I promise I won't ever want anything nice ever again!

StarMagus
11.08.2013 , 03:19 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Oh sorry, didn't realize aspiring to a top notch service was a sin now.

I'm sorry I want expansion pack for this MMO.

Can I please stay? Pretty please? Do I have you permission? I promise I won't ever want anything nice ever again!
You didn't ask for customer service, you basically said that WoW has all the stuff that you want... which makes it silly to be here if you felt that way.

GalacticKegger
11.08.2013 , 03:23 PM | #530
Guess it should come as no surprise that the folks who have pushed story as being the only thing the game posseses that's worth subscribing to, now push story as being the reason servers needed consolidation. "Oh so obvious ... in fact"? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, but ... no. Not only no - but hell no. Not even remotely close.

This ... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=421725
led to this ... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=254
which led to this ... http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...60893&page=115

... which is how server populations thinned out, eventually leading to server consolidations. Story had squat to do with it.

Bioware's knee-jerk reaction to the mob's rioting exacerbated a problem that easily could have been remedied with a few weeks of patient cap adjustments. I dare say they won't be quite as willing to bend over backward for the mob again. So those who bash Bioware for not immediately bowing to their demands now have a clue as to why petulance isn't working.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu