Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,314 69.28%
Operations 926 27.72%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,285 38.47%
Companions 882 26.41%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 616 18.44%
Planets 1,389 41.59%
Crew Skills and Crafting 582 17.43%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 810 24.25%
Legacy 832 24.91%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,309 39.19%
Playable Races 981 29.37%
New Class 1,379 41.29%
Other 224 6.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3340. You may not vote on this poll

Lecto's Avatar


Lecto
11.08.2013 , 12:16 PM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
To be fair - ERIC posted in here yesterday...that's why the votes increased. Yellow=exposure.
Actually, I'm here because of my good buddy Methos up there. He posted the link on our Guild site & I followed it here.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

Darka's Avatar


Darka
11.08.2013 , 12:23 PM | #512
If you ever wanted a good poll option
Have it pop up on your launcher when you log in
That way everyone playing votes

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
11.08.2013 , 12:30 PM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
Actually, I'm here because of my good buddy Methos up there. He posted the link on our Guild site & I followed it here.
Very cool. I posted it my guild website as well.

But with my crew.... unless there is free beer or free food, they don't venture out much.

Lord_Ravenhurst's Avatar


Lord_Ravenhurst
11.08.2013 , 12:34 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by Margoth View Post
Actually the issue is not sample size. 300 people is actually pretty close to the necessary sample size for a 500K population with a 5% margin of error. http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm for a handy dandy calculator. The issue is representative population. .
- polling only subscribers gets you misleading results.

- sorry but people who still pay are irrelevant for new content, because they are here for content which is already in the game. Otherwise they had unsubbed long ago

- The only relevant information is in the unsubscribers thread and the suggestion box Q1+Q2 2012 before/during the exodus

- Therefore the poll is only useful if they want to see what current subscribers prefer

- for everything else, it's completely useless

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
11.08.2013 , 12:35 PM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
If you ever wanted a good poll option
Have it pop up on your launcher when you log in
That way everyone playing votes
True. This one's unofficial though. Eric Musco, being the wise and benevolent CM that he is, allowed it to remain.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
11.08.2013 , 12:42 PM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
- polling subscribers only gets you misleading results.

- sorry but people who still pay are irrelevant for new content, because they are here for content which is already in the game. Otherwise they had unsubbed long ago

- The only relevant information is in the unsubscribers thread and the suggestion box Q1+Q2 2012 before/during the exodus

- Therefore the poll is only useful if they want to see what current subscribers prefer

- for everything else, it's completely useless
Wrong on all counts save one. With the game in maintenance retention is paramount. That is why:

-subs are relevant and drive new content.
-unsub info while relevant has nothing to do with a poll geared toward current subs.
-the poll is useful if they want to see what current subs prefer. *ding*
-this poll is a data point and not useless.

You are just disappointed in the results of the poll. Had this polled added weight to your assertion that this game should be more like SWG you would find it very relevant.

MillionsKNives's Avatar


MillionsKNives
11.08.2013 , 12:43 PM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
- polling only subscribers gets you misleading results.

- sorry but people who still pay are irrelevant for new content, because they are here for content which is already in the game. Otherwise they had unsubbed long ago

- The only relevant information is in the unsubscribers thread and the suggestion box Q1+Q2 2012 before/during the exodus

- Therefore the poll is only useful if they want to see what current subscribers prefer

- for everything else, it's completely useless
Yup, totally a good idea to ignore what your current playerbase wants. Instead you should chase the people who left because they don't like your game. Change it to fit them, that makes sense.

You keep throwing this opinion around as though saying it enough times will cause it to suddenly make sense. It doesn't. It's more important, and easier, to keep your current customers than to chase down new/old ones. Don't SWG players always bemoan what SOE did to try and entice non-players to join? Something about NGE trying to attract a new market and alienating their current fans?

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
11.08.2013 , 12:45 PM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Don't SWG players always bemoan what SOE did to try and entice non-players to join? Something about NGE trying to attract a new market and alienating their current fans?
From the way people are talking about it now, I was under the impression it was faultless ambrosia, given blessedly onto them by divine intervention, and cruelly snatched from their hands, leaving them wanting and cold.

Brickabrack's Avatar


Brickabrack
11.08.2013 , 12:52 PM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
If you ever wanted a good poll option
Have it pop up on your launcher when you log in
That way everyone playing votes
That's funny, I was literally seconds away from posting the same thought.

Make it a non-optional, 1 time only poll when people log in, and you will get a true survey result. Or as true a result as you're likely to find... many will likely just click answers at random just to get through it... such as gold farmers who can't even be bothered to create names for their spamming toons.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011

Brickabrack's Avatar


Brickabrack
11.08.2013 , 01:00 PM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
- polling only subscribers gets you misleading results.

- sorry but people who still pay are irrelevant for new content, because they are here for content which is already in the game. Otherwise they had unsubbed long ago

- The only relevant information is in the unsubscribers thread and the suggestion box Q1+Q2 2012 before/during the exodus

- Therefore the poll is only useful if they want to see what current subscribers prefer

- for everything else, it's completely useless
Ravenhurst... I quit the game and came back. I came back because I heard of the expansion and the upcoming space pvp, which is something I asked for a lot back before I left. If they want to keep me from leaving again, they'll listen to subscribers like me.

Or do you think that free-to-play players DON'T want PvE space content, mini-games such as card games and swoop racing, more class story, character customization, pvp maps and pve gameplay content? Because that's what I as a subscriber want. What do you think they would want that is different than what I would want?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011