Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future Content...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5
Class Story 2,478 69.84%
Operations 995 28.04%
PvP Content (Warzones, Arena's etc) 1,348 37.99%
Companions 963 27.14%
Space Content (beyond what is coming already) 642 18.09%
Planets 1,489 41.97%
Crew Skills and Crafting 607 17.11%
Character Customization Options (Hair, Faces, Body sizes, etc) 863 24.32%
Legacy 888 25.03%
Mini Games (Sabacc, Pod racing, pazaak, etc) 1,367 38.53%
Playable Races 1,046 29.48%
New Class 1,473 41.52%
Other 231 6.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3548. You may not vote on this poll

TUXs
11.08.2013 , 11:26 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by habsfanatik View Post
ANother thing why can't we play an Imperial soldier??????? xD
Same reason you can't be Uncle Owen...the Imp "troopers" were clones and not very "heroic".
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

StarMagus
11.08.2013 , 11:31 AM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Same reason you can't be Uncle Owen...the Imp "troopers" were clones and not very "heroic".
The Imp troops at this time are not clones.

Nemmar
11.08.2013 , 11:34 AM | #503
Wow... we got nearly 1 thousand voters on this. Thats impressive. I didnt realise there were so many posters on the forums.

Methoss
11.08.2013 , 11:36 AM | #504
its almost 1.5k

and to be fair, more people most likely did what i did and spread the word.
"Facts, exact numbers, reassurance . . . a Jedi seeks not these things."

- Jedi Master Kyp Durron

TUXs
11.08.2013 , 11:37 AM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Methoss View Post
its almost 1.5k

and to be fair, more people most likely did what i did and spread the word.
To be fair - ERIC posted in here yesterday...that's why the votes increased. Yellow=exposure.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MillionsKNives
11.08.2013 , 11:44 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
You could apply common sense and figure out that I was typing that up before/during your last post, but that would be too difficult wouldn't it.
Common sense that you might read the post that you quoted? The post that came after merely reiterated what I had already said.

Rafaman
11.08.2013 , 11:48 AM | #507
1500 responses. Not to shabby. As Tux said, the fact that Eric responded here added much, but I'm surprised to see that many nonetheless.

Methoss
11.08.2013 , 11:51 AM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
To be fair - ERIC posted in here yesterday...that's why the votes increased. Yellow=exposure.
i was replying to "I didnt realise there were so many posters on the forums. ", if they don't come to forums his posting would have nothing to do with them showing up.

short version, news spread to people who don't frequent the forums.
"Facts, exact numbers, reassurance . . . a Jedi seeks not these things."

- Jedi Master Kyp Durron

Hartog
11.08.2013 , 11:53 AM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I agree with you entirely! General Discussion and this forums can certainly be a great representation of the playerbase at large, and its opinions. I don't want you to get the idea that I was saying otherwise. My reasoning is specifically tied to polls. Again, not that polls are bad, just that in many cases players can misunderstand poll results as "undeniable proof" of a point. It is when you can put a tangible number behind an opinion that things get a bit tricky and that is where the "in a vacuum" comment comes in. (like the Warzone type example I made)

-eric
Mr. Musco,

Will we ever see a return to official polls, e.g. like the one on facebook? (Though I'd prefer a mandatory poll in the gamelauncher or even an ingame pop-up)?
That'll give you a better, higher throught-put answer from the active playing community, not just the forum dwellers.
The Nietzsch Legacy

Margoth
11.08.2013 , 11:59 AM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Think of it this way... in my previous example 300 people voted for the winning selection. I will spare you the math, but if hundreds of thousands of people play SWTOR, 300 is a fraction of a percent. We can't sway entire decisions based on just that poll. However, people look to polls to justify decisions and unfortunately things just aren't that simple.

Actually the issue is not sample size. 300 people is actually pretty close to the necessary sample size for a 500K population with a 5% margin of error. http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm for a handy dandy calculator. The issue is representative population. When a proper survey is done relevant demographic information is used to map the sample to the population being meaured. Taking a ridiculous extreme, surveying 300 people at random asking Which character class in SWTOR is currently OP, with a true random sample would likely yield a 99% response of "what the **** is SWTOR", because a majority off the world population doesn't play SWTOR. By definition any poll in the forums is not hitting the general demographic of SWTOR as a majority of players don't read the forums. (I of course base this on the anecdotal evidence of the players that I know who play SWTOR and the frequency which they read the forums. which is not a statistically valid mechanism ) The forum readers will tend to be the more "hard core" users.

Now if you want to qualify and say that x% of the SWTOR players who visit the forums believe .... then a 300 person sample size of self selected participants would be sufficient.