So... what happened to Dewback mounts?

Pietrastor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were shown at Cantina Tour thumbdrives like 3 months ago and then nothing :rak_02:

They're probably coming.

I'm guessing they ran into some kind of glitch with them and they've been delayed - or they are simply holding them back until everyone has recovered from buying a gazillion Cartel Packs to get their Varactyl, and they have new money to spend on the Dewbacks. :p

We've seen stuff like this before. They are making items months ahead of the date they actually release them. This round of cartel boxes is dropping Veractyls. Maybe the next will drop Dewbacks. Maybe they'll come with the release of 2.5 in Dec.

The Tauntauns were released along with a new game pseudo-quest used to obtain the first of them. Perhaps Dewbacks will have a similar pseudo-quest (Collect Dewback Domestication Data by protecting Dewback dens from rabid swarms of Jawas). Or perhaps they will be event rewards from some Tatooine themed game event.

The Tauntauns were released along with a new game pseudo-quest used to obtain the first of them. Perhaps Dewbacks will have a similar pseudo-quest (Collect Dewback Domestication Data by protecting Dewback dens from rabid swarms of Jawas). Or perhaps they will be event rewards from some Tatooine themed game event.

Hope so. Game needs 1 more kind of animal mount to be obtainable without cash shop and Tatooine with Dewbacks would be perfect.

• Dev Post
Well, as we all know, dewbacks are pretty slow... but they'll get there in the end :)

Slow and steady wins the race! I heard a rumor that a Dewback mount is in the next pack, which is coming next week. That could just be a rumor though. ;)

-eric

They were shown at Cantina Tour thumbdrives like 3 months ago and then nothing :rak_02:

Well they are reptiles, and so need to spend some time each day sunning themselves to warm up, so that's probably taking up some of the time, and of course the occasional sand people attack, sand storms, etc.

They will probably get here a bit before Life Day, with a special red one with altlers for Life Day itself.

(joke before anyone gets upset).

Edited by AlexDougherty

Now now eric, you know better than to listen to rumors... especially on these boards :p

I think he is trolling us. :p

And in other rumor news... the Dewback will show in Preview larger then when actually mounted in game... and much raging and gnashing of teeth will ensue... with a few "slap in the face", "Biofail" and "fix it nao!" thrown in for good measure. :p

Now now eric, you know better than to listen to rumors... especially on these boards :p

I bet that if it turns out to be false he'll find his name on one of those terminals next week.

Y'know the ones I'm talkin' about. :cool:

Dangerous things those rumors!

I think he is trolling us. :p

And in other rumor news... the Dewback will show in Preview larger then when actually mounted in game... and much raging and gnashing of teeth will ensue... with a few "slap in the face", "Biofail" and "fix it nao!" thrown in for good measure. :p

well see what has to happen now is that since it was outright promised, that if it ISN'T dropped within a few hundred hypercrates they will complain about the RNG and drop rates.

Eventually people may realize it was on the other pack, complain about false advertising and they will be nice to put it up on the rep vedor for 1 credit.

And in other rumor news... the Dewback will show in Preview larger then when actually mounted in game... and much raging and gnashing of teeth will ensue... with a few "slap in the face", "Biofail" and "fix it nao!" thrown in for good measure.

And if the preview shows the same size as the in game mount, then it will be a Slap In The Face[tm] to all the people who were looking forward to posting Slap In The Face[tm] threads.

Seriously: SWTOR needs a Slap In The Face emote. Ideally, the person emoting would do absolutely nothing, but the target of the emote would whine about it anyway.