Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid
12.23.2011 , 03:48 PM | #1
[James asked me to post this on his behalf; he's working hard on the content below! - Stephen]

A lot of people have been asking for more information on our future plans. What are we going to provide for players in terms of features and content? While we've given some information on what features we're working on, we haven't given much detail about content. We've said that we'll be providing new Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones. Now we'd like to give some more details on what they are.

Next month we're going to be releasing a new Flashpoint and an expanded Operation. The new Flashpoint involves a plague that could have significant repercussions across the galaxy. It takes place on a brand new world and involves some pretty epic battles. I can't go into much detail, but be prepared for something different. The expanded Operation takes the existing Karagga's Palace scenario and more than triples it in size. It includes three new boss monsters and some pretty epic set pieces. You won’t believe the last boss, so we’ve provided an image as a tease.

[See the screenshot on the Community Blog.]

We plan to continue releasing Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones and new game systems on a regular cadence. This patch coming early next year is only a taste of what is to come. Stay tuned for more announcements!

hpate
12.23.2011 , 04:22 PM | #2
woot new stuff already

First
Darkheal - Sorcerer <---> Darkgrim - Juggernaut
Darksnipe - Sniper <---> Darkening - Assassin
Malicious Legion
The Harbinger

Proto
12.23.2011 , 04:22 PM | #3
Great work! I think a lot of players were concerned that your production time for new content would be much greater than what you'd see from other MMO's because of the polish and more importantly - the voiceovers.
Method of <Fusion>
Imperial Sniper
"The Fatman" server PVP US East

www.fusion-guild.org

Voison
12.23.2011 , 04:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by hpate View Post
woot new stuff already
Bioware knows how to please the people.
Voison (voi-zen)
Sith - Inquisitor (Sorcerer - Corruption)
Guild: vVv Gaming - Rank: Officer - Server: Helm of Graush
vVv Gaming Website - Join vVv Gaming!

Vestara_Khai
12.23.2011 , 04:22 PM | #5
Awesome! And fourth.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU.

TheMove
12.23.2011 , 04:23 PM | #6
How about letting us choose the warzone we want instead of having to play hutt ball 9/10 games.

Why do you go out of your way to prevent world pvp.

WHATS THE POINT OF NEW/MORE WARZONES IF WE CANT PLAY ANYTHING BUT HUTTBALL ANYWAY?
No one knows what it means, but it's provocative. It gets the people going.

Tedstery
12.23.2011 , 04:24 PM | #7
Wow, thats quick, i want updates as frequent as this!
R.I.P Orange Pixel! .

KindarMosfet
12.23.2011 , 04:24 PM | #8
It's really great to hear that even before people are really getting into the game you folks are pushing the limits on content creation, can't wait for this.

OKAEight
12.23.2011 , 04:25 PM | #9
This is great news. Happy holidays Bioware!
Do, or do not. There is no try.

Sabster
12.23.2011 , 04:25 PM | #10
Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.
Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.
Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.
Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)
Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.