Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative or Mercenary

Coopah
11.07.2013 , 03:10 PM | #11
Ok, so would u say that a Op is better at dpsing than a Merc is at healing? The heat thing makes soo much sense btw dont know how i didnt think of that

Draekos
11.07.2013 , 10:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Coopah View Post
Ok, so would u say that a Op is better at dpsing than a Merc is at healing? The heat thing makes soo much sense btw dont know how i didnt think of that
That is hard to say. Both are basically bottom of the barrel in those roles.

HaoZhao
11.08.2013 , 01:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Coopah View Post
No. Operative DPS is a combination of two weaknesses. Low DPS and short range. If you want a stealth, melee character, you may well go assassin. Mercenary healing may be the worst of the three healing classes, but it's still ranged and has a lot of fun toys like jet boost and infamous electro net. Operative DPS is too squishy and relatively too weak to be viable in the hands of anyone except for the absolute masters of the class. I don't recommend it.

Deathstalker_
11.08.2013 , 03:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HaoZhao View Post
No. Operative DPS is a combination of two weaknesses. Low DPS and short range. If you want a stealth, melee character, you may well go assassin. Mercenary healing may be the worst of the three healing classes, but it's still ranged and has a lot of fun toys like jet boost and infamous electro net. Operative DPS is too squishy and relatively too weak to be viable in the hands of anyone except for the absolute masters of the class. I don't recommend it.
Your post's second sentence implies that short range damage is weak in general. If that's the case, why are Marauders and Sentinels considered the best DPS classes in the game? They both work exclusively at short range.

HaoZhao
11.08.2013 , 04:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathstalker_ View Post
Your post's second sentence implies that short range damage is weak in general. If that's the case, why are Marauders and Sentinels considered the best DPS classes in the game? They both work exclusively at short range.
Because they have strengths to make up for that weakness. If you asked me if I would like to play a marauder with all of its attacks upped to 30 metre range, my answer would be yes. There's a reason why two marauders won't charge two snipers in cover. Range matters.