Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan
11.07.2013 , 04:08 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMagus View Post
I'm not sure if this is the same bug or related, but during HUTTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! last night, after my character tossed his lightsaber at somebody it came back, and started spinning in his hand like a fan blade. It was both odd and sort of cool at the same time.
I've experienced this glitch too. Its not a huge deal. It very rarely happens. The saber throw color glitch happens every single time.

watermelonfan
11.07.2013 , 04:10 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
You visit their offices regularly, do you? You have a lot of experience fixing bugs and can estimate the proper amount of effort for isolation, code fixes, regressions, QA, and builds?

Citation? What evidence do you have that the glitches are building up? I see far fewer bugs now that I did a year ago.

Right. You don't care about anyone else, just yourself. Luckily, Bioware doesn't think that way. They have to care about the concerns of all the players.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 2 months to fix a simple issue.

and Sith assassin sucks. They only get 100 force. why would anyone want to play that class? its not very productive. They need atleast 200 force to be worth while.

watermelonfan
11.07.2013 , 04:11 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
You visit their offices regularly, do you? You have a lot of experience fixing bugs and can estimate the proper amount of effort for isolation, code fixes, regressions, QA, and builds?

Citation? What evidence do you have that the glitches are building up? I see far fewer bugs now that I did a year ago.

Right. You don't care about anyone else, just yourself. Luckily, Bioware doesn't think that way. They have to care about the concerns of all the players.
Whenever they fix a bug they create about 3 new bugs, so yes it adds up because they usually don't go back and fix the new bugs they created.

watermelonfan
11.07.2013 , 04:14 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Walpurulis View Post
just an FYI but the relics do RE i got that error on the first 3 that i RE'd then on the 4th i learned the schem for the DG nova relic, so they do indeed RE.
working as intended
customer service told me that glitch prevents the schematic from being learned. That shows how incompetent their employees are. This is evidence they don't take their job seriously since they don't know what they are talking about. And this isn't the first time they have been wrong. They also told me the schematic for Advanced Purple War Hero's crystal was no longer available. That turned out to be complete bullcrap.

theUndead
11.07.2013 , 06:27 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by watermelonfan View Post
Its not wrong for you to like it but, I think its weird because it doesn't make any sense for it to randomly change colors. More people should be upset about this because its not being fixed in a timely manner. I can understand liking this glitch at first but, after a while it gets really annoying. This should have been fixed a long time ago. same thing goes for the no info error for Reverse Engineering dread relics(level 50). That glitch prevents you from learning the schematic. That glitch first occurred in April. It still hasn't been fixed. The developer team should be fixing stuff much faster than this. Instead, They are probably on vocation in Hawaii enjoying smoothies.
But the thing is I'm not upset about it because it's only a minor annoyance and in time it will be fixed. But your post here does you no credit whatsoever because why would any developer respond to you when you're being insulting. I'd also like to point out that, yes you have a right to complain and demand as you are a sub but the developers are not obligated to listen to you. So considering this this their house wouldn't it be better to be more constructive?
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

watermelonfan
11.07.2013 , 09:20 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
But the thing is I'm not upset about it because it's only a minor annoyance and in time it will be fixed. But your post here does you no credit whatsoever because why would any developer respond to you when you're being insulting. I'd also like to point out that, yes you have a right to complain and demand as you are a sub but the developers are not obligated to listen to you. So considering this this their house wouldn't it be better to be more constructive?
your probably right about that, but at this point its too late to turn back and be more constructive. SInce this glitch has been occurring for the past 2 months I figure the developers have no intention of fixing this glitch.

theUndead
11.07.2013 , 09:46 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by watermelonfan View Post
your probably right about that, but at this point its too late to turn back and be more constructive. SInce this glitch has been occurring for the past 2 months I figure the developers have no intention of fixing this glitch.
No this is what you are not understanding. This glitch is probably quite extensive as such it probably isn't easy to fix immediately. So I am off the opinion that in a the next patch or at the very latest the patch after, it will be fixed but in future remember that being constructive is far better than insulting especially if you want your case to be heard.
Referal Link
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

Ven-Zallow
11.08.2013 , 03:04 AM | #48
I totally disagree this is a star wars mmo hear that a star wars mmo the lightsaber is the most iconic weapon in star wars. To not have the animation on it correct is unthinkable and yes it is a 2 second ability but is used asoon as it is available the kind of person that would say this bug isn't important is not a star wars fan in my opinion the Lightsaber should be shown in all its glory not just past of while they fix something in a cut seen that is seen only once a day or week...

Ven-Zallow
11.08.2013 , 03:21 AM | #49
For something is a minor annoyance as people say I cant play my jedi knight till its fixed I have reported this bug twice over the past 6 week and will not return to the game till it is fixed I have payed to play since launch out of my love for star wars and to give them the support they need to help give them cash for future content for everybody. I pay on 6 month subs but if this isn't fixed by my next sub date I will cancel and move on to another mmo eg eso if they can not support my bug fix reports and be egnored then they don't deserve my support also. I have played jedi knight since launch and do not role other classes so to see a bug like that ever time I use my saber throw abilitys over the course of 2 month is like nails on a chalk board...

theUndead
11.08.2013 , 04:58 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Ven-Zallow View Post
I totally disagree this is a star wars mmo hear that a star wars mmo the lightsaber is the most iconic weapon in star wars. To not have the animation on it correct is unthinkable and yes it is a 2 second ability but is used asoon as it is available the kind of person that would say this bug isn't important is not a star wars fan in my opinion the Lightsaber should be shown in all its glory not just past of while they fix something in a cut seen that is seen only once a day or week...
Oh please, quit being so dramatic. Just because there is a glitch does not make us any less of fans. The only thing that matters is that we understand it will fixed eventually and if you want to leave because of that then it is you who isn't the the true fan. Because if you were you would be patient.
Referal Link